Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanting opinions...leaving in 10 days (!! Woot woot!!) for our 2 week stay there! (1st time at CBR)
Now that the bridge at CBR is down (doesn't really effect us room wise because we are in a preferred room) I had originally requested Martinique .... I'm wondering if I should switch my request to north Trinidad as now I'm wondering if Martinique will be super crowded (in general, at bus stops etc..) opinions? Thoughts?

What type of room did you book? If you booked a king, waterview or preferred then Trinidad North would be a good request. If you booked a standard room Trinidad North would be a wasted request as it would be an upgrade to be moved to Trinidad North.

The resort runs at a pretty high capacity all the time and Martinique is a very popular request anyway. I don't think they're will be any noticeable difference with the bridge down. We always stay during Free Dining when the resort is at capacity and it NEVER feels like it. It's one of the reasons we love CBR.

What type of room did you book? If you booked a king, waterview or preferred then Trinidad North would be a good request. If you booked a standard room Trinidad North would be a wasted request as it would be an upgrade to be moved to Trinidad North.

The resort runs at a pretty high capacity all the time and Martinique is a very popular request anyway. I don't think they're will be any noticeable difference with the bridge down. We always stay during Free Dining when the resort is at capacity and it NEVER feels like it. It's one of the reasons we love CBR.

We're booked preferred!
I was just wondering because in my sept trip fb group everyone's requesting Martinique instead of Jamaica or Aruba now (the ones with standard/water view/pool view etc)

We are new to CBR and have a question about preferred rooms. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to Trinidad North vs. Martinique? Any of the veterans out there have any likes and/or dislikes? Doing online check-in in a few days and wondering if it's worth making a preference. On paper there doesn't seem to be any appreciable difference, so any input is appreciated.
None whatsoever. Have stayed in both and both are close to OPR.

We're booked preferred!
I was just wondering because in my sept trip fb group everyone's requesting Martinique instead of Jamaica or Aruba now (the ones with standard/water view/pool view etc)

Ok. Don't worry, even if you are in Martinique and it's at 100% capacity it won't be an issue.

So excited and nervous for our trip!! We booked preferred so I am hoping for Martinique 25
We requested the back part of the building facing beach and walkway
Set it up through Touring Plans
Anyone do this before?
Did they get their request honored?
Only thing for us is we are party of 5 so I think we require Murphy Bed room

I have a QS question. Do all kids' meals at lunch and dinner come in pails? Or just the listed four on the website? Also, could my kids get the pails at breakfast?

We are checking into CBR Friday morning for our 9 night Free dining trip. I will update about the bridge as soon as possible.:thumbsup2 We have a standard room booked but I requested Martinique after I found out about the "bridge".

We've just returned from our first stay at CBR, let me just say that my DW was 100% correct.(as usual) After 6 yrs in a row at POR we have been converted to CBR fans. We stayed at Jamaica 42 room 4206, we had 2 requests: ground floor and Jamaica both granted. Booked standard but when we arrived we got upgraded to Garden View. 4206 does not have murphy bed. Absolutely loved everything about this resort. We love how big the resort is, loved my morning walks around the lake, never really seemed that busy except when we went to the loud pool( which our 8yr old DD loved and our 3yr old DS loved) I personally enjoyed the quiet pool, hardly anyone there so even the kids liked having the pool all to themselves. I called 8844 for current BB offers, the only one she said that is currently being offered is Free Dining. This BB offer starts August 26th. So we booked for next year from Aug 26-Sept. 2..very excited.. The only way we get over our depression of leaving is booking for the following year!! Thank you all for the imformation that is shared on this thread, it was a great help since this was our first stay here at our NEW HOME!!

These are our travel dates as well! Almost down to 365 days!

Can anyone confirm that they sell cases of water in the gift shop? Travelling with an infant and need bottled water to mix with his formula. Thanks!

They do however do you need any other items Garden Grocer has been our go to for many of our trips for water, room snacks, ect.

I have a QS question. Do all kids' meals at lunch and dinner come in pails? Or just the listed four on the website? Also, could my kids get the pails at breakfast?

I don't think you can get the pails at breakfast. I think it's just lunch and dinner.

My 60 day window opened this morning, so I went to do online check in for our 2 room reservation.

Strangely, it would only let me check in for one of the rooms. The other says check in available from tomorrow. Both were booked at the same time for the same date (the dates all show correctly).

No big deal as long as it let's me do it tomorrow, but thought I'd mention it on here in case anyone else has had the same.

So, we are checking in next Thursday and I am getting concerned about the hurricanes coming towards Florida! Anyone been to Disney during a storm like that? I'm wondering if the whole trip will be a washout?

So just switched to CBR for our sept trip. We were booked at WL, but moved to save a few bucks. We are in a standard view room. It's been years since I've stayed here. I noted that I wanted to be close to old port royale and then when I checked in online I chose ground floor and Martinique as my room requests. My question is two fold. How far are the standard building in Martinique from old port royale and if I weren't to get one of those buildings how far would Barbados be to old port royale? Would Barbados be a good second choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter