• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTE: If you try to change/modify your on-line checkin requests, it will not work I now have 4 requests. Going to have to call TA to get them to call to take Jamaica off my original documents that was my only request when we booked. I know we are going to have a great visit, but sure wish someone from Disney would of contacted us to let us know ahead of time about the bridge.

Last edited:
We are 80 days out from arriving. I can't wait for September 13th we can do our online check in and our fast pass reservations!!!! We are so excited for this trip we have pulled the shirts that we 2ant to wear. You would think we have not been in a long time however we were just there in may of 2014. Any advice for November weather or anything special we should do? It's just my husband and I. Thanks
I haven't taken our shirts out of my drawer yet! I sure hope they all still fit :crazy2: To address your question regarding the weather.......I would say bring a little of everything. We've been in December when it's been 80 degrees and we've been when it's been 50ish (and that was the same trip, lol)! When it gets closer you could check the 10 day weather forecast to help you better judge which type of November you will get. I would say bring a couple pairs of shoes but I'm sure you already know that.......and a rain poncho.

Ok now for the next big question, now that we know the bridge is out.....What is the next best location to request closest to OPRAH and food court in a non preferred area?
Oh my......I can't imagine Oprah would stay at a moderate, lol!

NOTE: If you try to change your on-line checkin requests, it will not work I now have 4 requests. Going to have to call TA to get them to call to take Jamaica off my original documents that was my only request when we booked. I know we are going to have a great visit, but sure wish we had known ahead of time about the bridge.
Absolutely...but the point is, you will be at WDW! I refuse to let a refurbishment tarnish my trip. I'm a lemonade kind of gal......you know, make lemonade when you have lemons? Since it'll be F&W when we are there I'm sure I'll be overeating a bit......so the extra walking will be good for me! Bring moleskin and bandaids in case of blisters (which I DO tend to get) and Ibuprofen. And that hot tub? Yes, please! I had foot surgery in June so I'm going to call this my physical therapy :crutches:

I have a RO booked before my package starts? Will I get two sets of magic bands? MDE shows two orders, one for the RO dates and one for the package dates. Can I request one set for both?

I have a RO booked before my package starts? Will I get two sets of magic bands? MDE shows two orders, one for the RO dates and one for the package dates. Can I request one set for both?

You can decline the second set, as the second booking will be linked to the first set of MBs already :)

We are new to CBR and have a question about preferred rooms. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to Trinidad North vs. Martinique? Any of the veterans out there have any likes and/or dislikes? Doing online check-in in a few days and wondering if it's worth making a preference. On paper there doesn't seem to be any appreciable difference, so any input is appreciated.

Just got off the phone with Disney, changed to Martinque. Cast member said "don't always believe what you read online", she said she wasn't aware of the bridge under refurbishment. I said you don't know the power of Disboards.com...then she laughed and I laughed but it was magical.

That is all!

We are new to CBR and have a question about preferred rooms. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to Trinidad North vs. Martinique? Any of the veterans out there have any likes and/or dislikes? Doing online check-in in a few days and wondering if it's worth making a preference. On paper there doesn't seem to be any appreciable difference, so any input is appreciated.

Both are great locations but we give a slight edge to Martinique for 2 reasons.

1. We prefer the blue of the Martinique buildings over the mauve of the Trinidad North buildings.

2. Martinique is slightly closer to OPR.

Other than that we feel they are both great.

Ahhh I got you, thanks so much!

Post #5 of this thread needs a tidy then as it still shows the old one. And it doesn't help that Disney still haven't updated their own site!

Post #5 shows pics of the rooms "prior to refurb" (see notation) and the next post shows the newly refurbished rooms. Since the refurb is completely done now, (with the exception of the pirate rooms), I may delete that post and add in more pictures of the resort grounds.

We are arriving in 10 days and requested Jamaica with online checkin. Although I'm dissapointed about the bridge being out, at this point we can't find another room without spending lots more, so we will just have to make the best of it and get in some extra walking :)

Thank being said, are there still paths from Jamaica to Old Port Royale to walk on that are not roads? We don't mind walking a little bit, just would like to be on a path an not a road.

Also, we were going to get the Refillable drink cups ( we LOVE soda and coffee on vacation so its worth it for us!) but now I'm worried we'll have to walk further to refill. Is the only refill station in OPR?

Thanks!

I always take several walks around the entire resort via the promenade. Depending on where you are in Jamaica (if that's where you are assigned a room), it would probably be a slightly shorter walk if you head towards Trinidad South. That pathway does not require you crossing or walking on the main road. The walkway makes a look around the resort and will take you to Old Port Royale.

Well Im back but sad to report all did not go as well as it could have at CBR this year. As expected despite requesting Aruba or Jamaica for the 7th year in a row we again did not get our requests. Infact what we got was a nightmare. It was a corner disabled room in Barbados that had a terrible stink to it. It was smaller than a regular room, no sliding doors, no fancy furniture just a regular door with a small single sink bathroom( toilet in same room) and one huge wardrobe in the middle. The whole room was disgusting, coffee maker had mould on it and we had to step over a pile of trash to get in it( yes I took pics). They did move us to another room after one night in it ( it was late) then the next rooms AC would not go below 80 deg. They then told us they were running at full capacity and could not move us rooms or to another resort. The food court this time was terrible too. 10am and no bread or bagels left..only cupcakes. Waits of over 25 mins for kids pizzas etc...I know this is no fault of the resort either but never got to swim in the big pool once as every day they closed it due to thunderstorms being within a 6 mile radius. Housekeeping we got three days out of the 10, other days I had to call at least three times just to get clean towels, coffee sheets!! one day yes we were left with nothing on one of the beds just a bare matress. Im sad to say it but we are done with this resort, if the kids hadnt wanted to stay my husband and I would have checked out on the 2nd day. Cant believe Im writing this as we were diehard fans of this resort but this last visit has just soured us. $2278 for 10 days of Motel 6 quality. I do plan on writing a letter and I have plenty of pictures to back things up. I just hope the next person has more luck than us. :( oh and I notice someone mentioning about the refillable mugs...good luck with that too as half of the filling stations were either out of soda or not working.

Oh no! I know that you were so looking forward to another stay at the resort. I would definitely contact Disney via letter and let them know all of the issues that you had during your stay. I've had to do that a couple of times and always received a phone call from management.

I am not going to request another room because we have two side by side right now and I don't want to lose that

but how long does it take to walk from Aruba to the food courts if we walk around the lake towards Barbados?

My walks around the entire promenade takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on how many pictures I stop to take. If you are in Aruba, you are already halfway around the promenade so it won't take you that long.

Both are great locations but we give a slight edge to Martinique for 2 reasons.

1. We prefer the blue of the Martinique buildings over the mauve of the Trinidad North buildings.

2. Martinique is slightly closer to OPR.

Other than that we feel they are both great.

Thank you! That is exactly the kind of info I am looking for.

Just wanting opinions...leaving in 10 days (!! Woot woot!!) for our 2 week stay there! (1st time at CBR)
Now that the bridge at CBR is down (doesn't really effect us room wise because we are in a preferred room) I had originally requested Martinique .... I'm wondering if I should switch my request to north Trinidad as now I'm wondering if Martinique will be super crowded (in general, at bus stops etc..) opinions? Thoughts?

Can anyone confirm that they sell cases of water in the gift shop? Travelling with an infant and need bottled water to mix with his formula. Thanks!

I appreciate the updates re: the bridge. I did online check in for one of our two rooms about a month ago (requesting Jamaica & ground floor) before I realized I should have done a fax request with a more specific requests to have adjoining rooms. Argh! Now this bridge refurb really throws a wrinkle in that as we are traveling with my 2 1/2 yr old great nephew who will want to spend time at the pool. So I guess my best option at this point is to call and tell WDW that I need to change Village request (to Martinique or Barbados) for both rooms and specify adjoining rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter