• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if all of the pirate rooms are in the same village? I just booked a standard view pirate room and I'm trying to figure out where it might be!

Also, what time do the lifeguard go off duty? Are you able to swim after dark?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if all of the pirate rooms are in the same village? I just booked a standard view pirate room and I'm trying to figure out where it might be!

Also, what time do the lifeguard go off duty? Are you able to swim after dark?

Thanks!
All of the pirate rooms are in Trinidad South. I believe the main pool with life guard closes at 11pm. The quite pools, to my knowledge do not have life guards. Someone recently said that the quite pools also closed at 11pm, which is new, you used to be able to swim whenever.

Checked in today!!! Gina was wonderful checking us in, our room was not ready and they had us next to my parents, which we did not want. She found us a room in the same building that was ready. My parents waited just about an hour for their room and our ME luggage arrived as they went to their room.

For those coming down next weekend, the Jamacia/Aruba to Old Port Royale bridge will be closed for refurbishment starting Thursday 8/27. I do not have an end time as I forgot to ask. They are aware many guest request these villages for the bridge and are having additional shuttles.

Went for dinner at Shutters at 5:30 but was told nothing was available despite plenty of open tables. The food court did the trick.

Oh, no. And here I thought I was getting away from closures/refurbs with WL... :worried:

For those coming down next weekend, the Jamacia/Aruba to Old Port Royale bridge will be closed for refurbishment starting Thursday 8/27. I do not have an end time as I forgot to ask. They are aware many guest request these villages for the bridge and are having additional shuttles.

WHAT??????:scared1::scared1: How long? I am leaving in 10 days and requested for Jamaica so that i can walk across to bridge every morning. How come this was not posted under refurb??? Can someone clarify this before i call disney to request another building.

WHAT??????:scared1::scared1: How long? I am leaving in 10 days and requested for Jamaica so that i can walk across to bridge every morning. How come this was not posted under refurb??? Can someone clarify this before i call disney to request another building.

Someone just posted that their TA called and a CM confirmed it will be closed until December! :confused:

DECEMBER?!?!?! I sure hope that's not true! That may cause a riot!
I am currently on hold with Agent....I will be really upset because i could have made reservation somewhere else or upgrade to preferred. This is really BS that they decided to close this at the last minute like this. (Unless there a reason for emergency closing..ie: Bridge collapsing? doubt it!)

I am currently on hold with Agent....I will be really upset because i could have made reservation somewhere else or upgrade to preferred. This is really BS that they decided to close this at the last minute like this. (Unless there a reason for emergency closing..ie: Bridge collapsing? doubt it!)
Totally agree. I probably would have booked at CSR if I had known the bridge would be closed. Now, I guess I'll change my room request to Martinique (once I know for sure the bridge will still be closed, that is). Let us know what the agent says! I'd really like to hear from someone who is actually there and has spoken with a CM on site, too.

Please let us know what you find out. I have a trip booked for Mid. November and was planning to request a room based on the bridge!

YES...just spoke to CBR desk clerk and he did indeed confirmed that the bridge is indeed CLOSED for refurb from Aug 27 until sometimes December....He said sometimes there is changes at the last minute of the refurb. I expressed my dissatisifaction in this. I also moved from POP century to CBR to give CBR a try. Now i regret this move!!! If anyone is staying at Jamcia you will have to walk all the round the resort to get to main pool.....I am NOT HAPPY!!!

Last edited:
YES...just spoke to CBR desk clerk and he did indeed that the bridge is indeed CLOSED for refurb from Aug 27 until sometimes December....He said sometimes there is changes at the last minute of the refurb. I expressed my dissatisifaction in this. I also moved from POP century to CBR to give CBR a try. Now i regret this move!!! If anyone is staying at Jamcia you will have to walk all the round the resort to get to main pool.....I am NOT HAPPY!!!
Nooooo!!! This is ridiculous! We moved from Pop, as well. I'm just most mad about the fact that they are doing this absolutely last minute.

YES...just spoke to CBR desk clerk and he did indeed that the bridge is indeed CLOSED for refurb from Aug 27 until sometimes December....He said sometimes there is changes at the last minute of the refurb. I expressed my dissatisifaction in this. I also moved from POP century to CBR to give CBR a try. Now i regret this move!!! If anyone is staying at Jamcia you will have to walk all the round the resort to get to main pool.....I am NOT HAPPY!!!
Ugh. NOT what I wanted to hear! I guess I'll be on the phone tomorrow while the kids are at school. Thanks for the info, though!

Nooooo!!! This is ridiculous! We moved from Pop, as well. I'm just most mad about the fact that they are doing this absolutely last minute.

that what i said...i told him I understand there are times for Refurb at times, but there was nothing stated about any refurb. I told him the bridge is significant, just as important as a pool closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter