• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read somewhere that buses to parks start running an hour before opening.

In the case of MK, does the first bus still start at 8am (for a 9am opening) and does it get you there in time for the Mickey Welcome Show?

I hope they leave a bit earlier! We have a crystal palace breakfast booked at 8.30 our 1st morning and was hoping to get there a bit early for some photos too. I just assumed the busses would be running since its onsite. Do I need to rethink?

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM for early ADRs. We've been able to take the bus for an 8:00 AM ADR at MK.

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM for early ADRs. We've been able to take the bus for an 8:00 AM ADR at MK.

That's great, thank you for clearing that up for me so quickly. Can you just go to the bus stops as normal from this time then or do you need to book onto one?

i was looking at the recreational calendar and saw mickey tye dye.... can anyone tell me what this is and about how much it costs?

Sorry I caused alarm !

(although it is on page 1 of this thread that says one hour before park opening)

The official word from WDW is an hour before park opening. However, they most definitely start rolling at 6:30. They're just not out in full force like they are an hour before park opening. I think WDW doesn't advertise this to try to keep the guests using these early buses to those getting to early ADRs.

So a little bad news. I have a stress fracture in my right foot. I work as a nurse in a hospital so no time to take it easy. We leave November 12 for dw. Not sure what to do. Any advice?

Oh no! You have a little time before you go.....i would take it easy between now and then (at home, I mean).....of course this may be a different story after you see the Ortho doc. Foot up, ice, ibuprofen as directed. I just had a bone spur removed from my left foot 2 months ago and it's taking a lot longer to recover from. Our last trip I had to buy Crocs AT EPCOT! They were a life-saver, though......start looking now for a proper shoe, it will make all the difference in the world!

Any update on pirate room refurb?
According to my daughter who was a college program cm until this week at CBR, some of the the pirate rooms are complete, but not all. They are much nicer! She said she thought the little food market in the pirate section was a test for a month where you may have scanned your magic band to get in and scanned the food and your band on the honor system to have it charged to your room. It was a success and is being evaluated now as far as whether and how it will be continued. It does seem like Disney is trying to make some more convenient food options available like adding more meals to the pool bars in some resorts, specifically at CSR.

The official word from WDW is an hour before park opening. However, they most definitely start rolling at 6:30. They're just not out in full force like they are an hour before park opening. I think WDW doesn't advertise this to try to keep the guests using these early buses to those getting to early ADRs.

Thanks dansdad

Does this apply to all 4 main parks or just MK?

Do you think they'll put a pic of the new rooms (pirate) on WDW site?

Knowing how "quickly" WDW acts, probably about 6 months after they're completed. They still have the old Nemo Themed pictures up for the non Pirate Rooms.

I'm thinking about staying here next April instead of POP. Each trip I plan to move up to a mod, but always end up at POP. I love POP but want to try something new.

Hopefully, I will make it to CBR this time around.

If I wanted to have a small package sent to the resort, which of the 2 following address would I use? Also, Information do I put on the label? Just my name and arrival date?

For Shipping Packages:
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Mailing Address For USPS deliveries:
Post Office Box 10,000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
(If you use this address, items will go to a central hub and then distributed to the resort)

I'm thinking about staying here next April instead of POP. Each trip I plan to move up to a mod, but always end up at POP. I love POP but want to try something new.

Hopefully, I will make it to CBR this time around.

This is so us!! We have CBR booked for later this year. I have only stayed at POP on site (many many trips), but my husband said he couldn't do POP again!!

If I wanted to have a small package sent to the resort, which of the 2 following address would I use? Also, Information do I put on the label? Just my name and arrival date?

For Shipping Packages:
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Use the above address. Also please see the Shipping To and From Disney Resorts FAQ Thread for details on how to address your package.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter