Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI...we have reservations for the Dessert Party during the first week of September, 2015, and the area they use for party is located in Showcase Plaza, directly behind and between the two shops located near the lake. This puts the viewing area directly across the lake from The American Adventure. Can't comment on the FP viewing area...
What day are you doing the Dessert Party? We are there on the 29th of Sept. for our's. If they do FPs AND the Dessert Party in the same location, I wonder how they will separate the two?

We have a room only reservation, so I am unable to pay my remaining balance online. The Disney FAQ says I will pay the rest "when I arrive". I have also registered/requested/whatevered online check-in, so if I understand correctly, I will potentially not need to visit the front desk.

My question: does anyone know when I pay my balance? We are planning to use Disney Gift Cards to do it (thanks, Budget Board!). Trying to avoid having it pull from the same card I used for my deposit.

Thanks for any insight you may have. It's been more than 20 years since I was at Caribbean with my mom and dad, and all these years later I'm excited to be going with my kids :)
I would think you would want to check at the front desk to make sure they don't charge your cc for the room only reservation. It would be a shame to have your cc charged, leaving all that lovely $$ on gift cards!

We have a room only reservation, so I am unable to pay my remaining balance online. The Disney FAQ says I will pay the rest "when I arrive". I have also registered/requested/whatevered online check-in, so if I understand correctly, I will potentially not need to visit the front desk.

My question: does anyone know when I pay my balance? We are planning to use Disney Gift Cards to do it (thanks, Budget Board!). Trying to avoid having it pull from the same card I used for my deposit.

Thanks for any insight you may have. It's been more than 20 years since I was at Caribbean with my mom and dad, and all these years later I'm excited to be going with my kids :)

I have always paid my room only reservation in full before we arrive, is this is a new policy? Just last October I paid with Disney gift cards over the phone and never had a problem.

Heard from cm daughter who works at CBR and also from a concierge cm at coconino cove business class lounge at csr yesterday that some space in one of the pirate buildings in Trinidad north was gutted out to use as a grab and go type food place. Not sure if it's open yet or the hours or what they will be serving. Is anyone there that could check into it?

Does anyone know if they possibly sell any type of lactose free milk in the store at the resort or any of the parks? Almond, Rice or Lacataid preferably or would this be something I would have to order and have delivered?

Does anyone know if they possibly sell any type of lactose free milk in the store at the resort or any of the parks? Almond, Rice or Lacataid preferably or would this be something I would have to order and have delivered?

They definitely sell it in the store at CBR. I have also seen it the parks also.

132 days until my birthday trip! This will be my first time staying at CBR. The comments about the the resorts buses make me a little nervous about my choice. I requested Jamaica because DH and I got married and honeymooned there, but I will change if that's a bad location. Any recommendations?

132 days until my birthday trip! This will be my first time staying at CBR. The comments about the the resorts buses make me a little nervous about my choice. I requested Jamaica because DH and I got married and honeymooned there, but I will change if that's a bad location. Any recommendations?
The resort busses are fine and Jamaica is a great location! Lots of us try to get Jamaica. Enjoy your birthday trip! I get to go for mine in 50 days. WooHoo!

The resort busses are fine and Jamaica is a great location! Lots of us try to get Jamaica. Enjoy your birthday trip! I get to go for mine in 50 days. WooHoo!
Thanks. Hopefully they can accommodate my request then. I will be there the same time as you. My anniversary trip is in 50 days, but we are staying at CSR for that trip. I'm excited for my first MNSSHP and food & wine festival. Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks. Hopefully they can accommodate my request then. I will be there the same time as you. My anniversary trip is in 50 days, but we are staying at CSR for that trip. I'm excited for my first MNSSHP and food & wine festival. Hope you have a great trip!
We ended up in Bldg 13 in Barbados, and were very happy with the location, but we don't mind a walk. Getting a ground floor room was more of a priority for me than a particular location, because walking an extra few hundred yards is easier than carrying a baby and a stroller up the steps.

We loved our stay at CBR a few years back, and didn't find the buses to be a hindrance at all.

The resort buses are just fine. Jamaica is an excellent choice. We are going on our 13th visit to CBR. In over 2 months of staying there, the only "bad" day I had with the buses was Christmas Day about 10 years ago. CBR bus service is no worse than any other moderate.

The pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, aren't they?
Oops, my mistake! We stayed in Martinique when we stayed there in January. It was definitely the pirate section they were talking about though, because it is so far from the other food offerings.

Oops, my mistake! We stayed in Martinique when we stayed there in January. It was definitely the pirate section they were talking about though, because it is so far from the other food offerings.
It might be nice to have some food stuff closer to the Pirate rooms for those Buccaneers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter