Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone answered but, every time we have been there have been towels at the main pool and not at the quiet pools. Maybe something changed since December?? You can always ask for extra towels if you want to go to the quiet pool. You could also snag some from the main pool when leaving OPR.
Thanks! Extra towels from Mousekeeping?

Same here. Maybe I have this idea of how easy it could be and then something going wrong? Anyway, it feels silly because there is nothing I can do about it on my end. Why stir up trouble when there is none?
I'm just going in with the attitude that the request that I made are just request and if none are granted then we will still have an awesome vacation!

Not terrible no...but for the last 8 years of going to CBR I have never once gotten any request granted..while I understand its only a request I just want to speak to someone this time if it dosnt happen to check Im not on some kind of blacklist or something lol I mean seriously..please just give me it one time..lol
Oh no! What have been your past request? I hate that you have never been granted a request.:(

So here we are halfway through our CBR stay and we are changing rooms since our neighbors have decided to turn their room and outside their room a smoking section!!! It started yesterday and continued till tis afternoon so I finally had enough of our room smelling like smoke and headed down to concierge to get things figured out. The cast members did a great job helping us out! I was down there at 4:45 and by 6:00 we had packed up our room and moved to our new room!

So here we are halfway through our CBR stay and we are changing rooms since our neighbors have decided to turn their room and outside their room a smoking section!!! It started yesterday and continued till tis afternoon so I finally had enough of our room smelling like smoke and headed down to concierge to get things figured out. The cast members did a great job helping us out! I was down there at 4:45 and by 6:00 we had packed up our room and moved to our new room!
I hate when people do that. It gives us smokers a bad name. We really are not all like that! I wonder what they did to them....

I hate when people do that. It gives us smokers a bad name. We really are not all like that! I wonder what they did to them....

Oh I know...almost everyone in my family are smokers..but they would never have done that...
The cast member told us that security will be paying a visit to them and a $250.00 charge will most likely be added to their stay.

I hope you find another resort to you fall in love with! Where else have you stayed that you loved?

I have actually liked most of the resorts I've stayed at while on property. I have enjoyed POR most of the moderates, though my next stay is at POFQ. I enjoy both ASMovies, though the shared buses are a bit annoying at times, and POP for values. I love AKL (decor and animals) and I loved the location of BWI (but honestly found the resort to be just ok). I should add that I am not one to be swayed by pools as I don't utilize them, so for me that isn't a determining factor.

Every resort has something to offer and it is always a personal preference that causes someone to love it or leave it. I just hope everyone has a magical stay wherever they choose.

For those that fax in room requests, do you find that this is helpful? And if so, when do you fax them in?
You have a 50/50 shot of getting some or all of your room request. I always add them via phone with a CM when we initially book our vacation package, add them during online check in and fax in a request. When faxing, do it 5 days prior to your check in date. Good luck!

I know someone answered but, every time we have been there have been towels at the main pool and not at the quiet pools. Maybe something changed since December?? You can always ask for extra towels if you want to go to the quiet pool. You could also snag some from the main pool when leaving OPR.

Sorry I missed the part about quiet pool. Yes they are at the main pool. Idk about quiet pools.

I have actually liked most of the resorts I've stayed at while on property. I have enjoyed POR most of the moderates, though my next stay is at POFQ. I enjoy both ASMovies, though the shared buses are a bit annoying at times, and POP for values. I love AKL (decor and animals) and I loved the location of BWI (but honestly found the resort to be just ok). I should add that I am not one to be swayed by pools as I don't utilize them, so for me that isn't a determining factor.

Every resort has something to offer and it is always a personal preference that causes someone to love it or leave it. I just hope everyone has a magical stay wherever they choose.

I agree completely and think this is a lovely magical comment.
When DSis took me to stay at CSR for my 50th, I thought " this is the best resort ever" . We stayed together at POR twice and I said " I'm only staying here from now on! " I just came back fro my first stay at CBR, and told DSis " that was the ultimate great resort. I was given a corner room over looking the Bay and sandy beach in Barbados. The resort was not what I was expecting at all. It was so open and beautiful". My sisters response " you say that after every trip".

I was wondering about POR! It was dream last year. I'm thinking of doing ASMovies next year to save money and since we will be two adults with no children and probably going pearl commando.

I'm not a swimmer! I don't get my hair wet. Without the kids pools won't matter next time.

Oh no! What have been your past request? I hate that you have never been granted a request.:(
Ground floor after knee surgery...nope. Again ground floor...stroller. Certain buildings like Aruba or Jamaica ( we always get Barbados...always). Nothing too outlandish.

Ground floor after knee surgery...nope. Again ground floor...stroller. Certain buildings like Aruba or Jamaica ( we always get Barbados...always). Nothing too outlandish.
Knee replacement, requested ground floor, got it. Three times I have gotten it.

Knee replacement, requested ground floor, got it. Three times I have gotten it.
Thats why Im going in to complain this time around . Its not like Im asking for anything impossible. Last year we went in May and it wasnt busy at all..I stood and argued with the CM even called for the manager who told me they had nothing left. Personally I have never gotten a nice CM at check in at all in CBR..maybe just my bad luck.

Thats why Im going in to complain this time around . Its not like Im asking for anything impossible. Last year we went in May and it wasnt busy at all..I stood and argued with the CM even called for the manager who told me they had nothing left. Personally I have never gotten a nice CM at check in at all in CBR..maybe just my bad luck.
I've always had good luck with the CMs. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter