Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

We are considering a trip late February and wanting to stay at CBR. We stayed there about 5 years ago, and I thought we'd give it another shot. I know there is a reno going on and I was wondering how it is affecting the resort? We plan on a preferred room in Martinique.

I appreciate any info you all might have on the reno schedule and the areas of CBR it will be affecting for the time frame we plan on visiting (again, some time the last two weeks of Feb)

Thank You :wave2:

Hi Everyone

We are considering a trip late February and wanting to stay at CBR. We stayed there about 5 years ago, and I thought we'd give it another shot. I know there is a reno going on and I was wondering how it is affecting the resort? We plan on a preferred room in Martinique.

I appreciate any info you all might have on the reno schedule and the areas of CBR it will be affecting for the time frame we plan on visiting (again, some time the last two weeks of Feb)

We were just there 12/12-12/19 and I never saw a construction worker so I don't think you'll have any issues

So sorry if this has been answered already, but are the king rooms being refurbished? I was planning on a water view but they are unavailable for the dates we are going so the next option is a king room.

Hi Everyone

They close down the entire building when they are working on it, so you won't have workers above or next to you.

BUT a believe the preferred Martinique are the next in line for being worked on..SO you might be in a non-refurbed room, and possible have more chance of being impacted as they might be working on the building across from you.

Personally, I wouldn't pay the extra for preferred until they are don't with the refurb.

So sorry if this has been answered already, but are the king rooms being refurbished? I was planning on a water view but they are unavailable for the dates we are going so the next option is a king room.

All non-pirate rooms are part of the current referb (rumors are Pirates start this May) so the king rooms are getting clean-up up and all the fresh decor as well.

It appears they were working on Martinique 24 today, for those looking for a refurb update.

Does anyone know the projected end date for the refurbishment?
My family of 5 would love to try out the new rooms. We typically stay at POR and I have to arm wrestle them to agree to new resort but I'd like to give this one a try

We are going to Disney In May and are thinking of POR or Caribbean Beach. I didn't realize CB just underwent a big Reno. We have stayed at POR many times and LOVE it. I stayed at CB about 13 years ago and didn't love it. I now have 2 boys DS5 and DS3 and I now think mb CB might be the answer. We want lots of pool time as well as some parks. How is the bus system at CB? I love the boat from POR to DTD. Any feedback on POR vs CB would be greatly appreciated :). TIA

My husband and I just returned from 4th stay at CBR in as many years. Just wanted to point out a couple of things I noticed...so here they are:

1. Refurbished rooms are much nicer than I imagined, and not as dark. The queen sized beds are wonderfully comfortable. Just an fyi, the bed nearest the bathroom wall only has about 6" clearance...so be prepared to crawl into bed from the front. Overall, an obvious improvement over the Nemo wallpaper and kaleidoscope bedspreads.

2. Room cleanliness was ok/average. There was a spot-smudge on the full length mirror hanging on the bathroom door, and it was never cleaned. The waste basket nearest the toilet was also never emptied.

3. The grounds, while always beautiful, also seemed a tad neglected. Smoking area seating had some kind of liquid spilled on it for over 24 hours. Big, overgrown bushes on the Cay in front of the canons need to be trimmed away so children can pretend to use the canons.

4. We had dinner one night at Old Port Royal food court, and it wasn't too bad. The pasta was actually tasty...to my surprise.

5. Transportation was a little off, but it was marathon weekend, so delays were expected and it easily could've been much worse.

6. As far as cast members, no complaints since no one was downright rude. But honestly, I can get equal or better interaction from a Holiday Inn employee.
Years ago, every Disney employee would say at least hello...This time, I had to initiate with a greeting. And for the amount of money we paid, it's not hard to expect at least a hello or a wave.
The overall experience was fair. In the years that we've visited, we've seen that Disney "magic" fade every year, little by little. The only thing that seems to be the saving grace of staying on Disney property is that the transportation is convenient. For myself and my husband, that is no longer enough of a perk.

Back home today from our stay at CBR. We had changed our dates because of the new military discount and looked forward to our stay. CBR use to be our fav resort and we stopped going because the rooms were getting shabby. We heard about the reno and booked a room in Jamaica. Love the new rooms!!... BUT...we were near a smoking area. Didn't matter where we were because people were smoking on the balcony, sidewalks, quiet pool, etc. And yes, we asked to be moved but the other areas were just as bad.

I really wish people would follow the rules so non-smokers can enjoy their vacation too!!!

That will be our last stay there.

This is not isolated to CBR. I hope Disney will strictly enforce the no smoking policy.

Ok a couple of people mentioned POR and how CBR compares...I love both, and would stay at either in a heartbeat.

Granted we had POR prior to their recent refurb...the 5th bed was a trundle that pulled out from under one of the double beds.

but with the new upgrade, both CBR and POR are very comparable in room comfort, and I think both food courts were just as easily managed.

Pools...both have pools with nice water slides. If theming of a pool is important, than CBR is the winner. If you like a pool with a shaded feeling, less direct sunlight, then POR.

Some people will point to the number of bus stops at CBR as an issue...but we really didn't find it to be much of a delay when we stayed, only a couple of time having a longer trip to hit all the stops before heading to the parks.

How would I pick one over the other? Simple...check to see which one offers the best package deal and book it...if they are equal deals, a coin-flip. :)

As for the question about when the refurb will finish...it should be done by April, early May...as it is, the majority of the rooms are already done...just a few standard and the preferred to go (still waiting to hear from someone there to see if they restarted after the holiday's yet, and what building they are on). So unless you are going int he next three months or want a Pirate room, your odds of getting a refurbed room are very good...and they are already booking for families of 5 as we speak.

We have stayed at both POR and CBR. We actually love both. The grounds and the theming and "look" of POR is BEAUTIFUL. We love the boats to DTD, so convenient. We think the food court at POR is the best in all of the resorts and we have honestly tried most of them. We never ever felt like we were crowded at POR. The rooms were great, no complaints. We usually rode the buses from the food court (front area) and had no real complaints about the bus service. Some longer waits but that is the luck of the draw. The pool was nice but definitely more shaded than I prefer.

Now for CBR. Again, the grounds and theming was beautiful. Totally different than POR but lovely and relaxing. The room size is a bit bigger and it was noticeable to us. At that time (prior to refurb) the beds were still double and there was quite a bit more storage space it seemed. We felt CBR was very convenient to the parks and bus service for us was wonderful. Never a wait over 5 minutes (but I know we just lucked out mostly). The food court was good. Overall we like CBR better when we are with kids, mostly due to the pool area. We loved the water slide and pool area, and the younger kids have a wonderful pool area. So if you have younger kids, go CBR!

I would be happy with either one, with kids we opt for CBR, without kids with us probably POR because of the DTD boats, but again...if one is offering a better deal I would go for it! You can't go wrong either way.

When we went by on busses it certainly seemed like they were working on Martinique. I didn't specifically ask though.

Please add us to the roll call. We will be there 06/07-06/14. This will be our first stay at CBR and we are excited!

Hi

I wondered if you could help. We have booked a preferrred room at CBR and would really like a water view room as well if possible.

Any tips on how to go about this? Should i request at online check in then call 2 weeks prior?

Many thanks

Hi

I wondered if you could help. We have booked a preferrred room at CBR and would really like a water view room as well if possible.

Any tips on how to go about this? Should i request at online check in then call 2 weeks prior?

Many thanks

I would call now...the main Disney reservation number...and ask them to add that as a note on the reservation (they will tell you it is just a request, and not a promise)...then when you do the online check in make that one of the requests...and then fax over a request 7 days before you arrive.

Then cross your fingers...hope you have a blast...only thing better than being there is the planning and anticipation...I miss that soooo much right now.

Are there rooms with a King bed and a pull down murphy bed or are pull down beds only in rooms with 2 Queen beds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter