Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a note, it's not like a cruise ship where you can book your cabin in advance. At the resort you cannot book a specific village - the one exception being Trinidad North which is all Pirate Rooms. Even preferred you could be put in either of two villages.

You can REQUEST a village when you do online check-in, but you are not guaranteed that village. SOMEONE has to be in Barbados after all. LOL.
Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, not North.

Apologize if this has been posted, did not see it.

Permits have been filed for "Room Rehabs" on the Pirate Rooms, Buildings 34-30 to be complete October 3, 2015.

Very curious what the plan is, will it still be themed, queen beds hopefully...

Oooh, thanks for this information! I'll add it to the first page. I am willing to bet that they'll figure out a way to keep the rooms pirate themed given the fact that no one really wanted to stay in Trinidad South before the rooms were redone as pirate rooms.

Okay, guys and gals, I believe that I have the roll call updated but I was so far behind that it's possible that I may have missed your dates. It wasn't intentional, I assure you. If I did miss you, please post again and I'll get you added.

Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, not North.

Thanks. I wasn't 100% sure. I just know if they try to "upgrade" me to them I ask them to please "downgrade" me - I like pirates just fine, but I don't like the looks of those beds. And I'd rather let the pixie dust go to a family with a kid who would love it!

Thanks. I wasn't 100% sure. I just know if they try to "upgrade" me to them I ask them to please "downgrade" me - I like pirates just fine, but I don't like the looks of those beds. And I'd rather let the pixie dust go to a family with a kid who would love it!

Now Disney needs to figure out what to do to Barbados to make those appealing to book.

We are headed back to stay at CBR from June 6-13!!!! We haven't stayed here since May 2009.
Can't wait to be back! :)

Hello everyone! Getting excited as we arrive February 13th. We stayed in 2011 and CBR is our second fav moderate. I'm excited about the refurb and queen beds. What is the current coffee situation at the resort? Any real coffee? Also, what kind of coffee maker in the room?

Thank you

Can anyone tell me where the bus stop for CBR is at MK? Just wondering how far out the walk is at night leaving MK.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me where the bus stop for CBR is at MK? Just wondering how far out the walk is at night leaving MK.

Thanks!

It's pretty far out- only POP and AOA are further away!! But then you have the trade off of going straight to and from MK without having to go to the TTC.

From Googling the bus stop numbers, CBR is number 32 on the right side of the bus station. It is a bit of a walk when your feet are tired. I wish Disney would put benches in the lines for when you're exhausted from a long day at the park!

Hello everyone! Getting excited as we arrive February 13th. We stayed in 2011 and CBR is our second fav moderate. I'm excited about the refurb and queen beds. What is the current coffee situation at the resort? Any real coffee? Also, what kind of coffee maker in the room?

Thank you

the makers in the rooms use the pods (the Senseo style, not K-cup style)

The Foodcourt has several of the large urn-style coffee makers...you can usually find one with coffee still in it unless you just have bad luck...but they try to stay ahead of the crowd getting them brewing again...we had the resort mugs so just filled up every morning and brought back to the room-guess who's job THAT was :)

the makers in the rooms use the pods (the Senseo style, not K-cup style) The Foodcourt has several of the large urn-style coffee makers...you can usually find one with coffee still in it unless you just have bad luck...but they try to stay ahead of the crowd getting them brewing again...we had the resort mugs so just filled up every morning and brought back to the room-guess who's job THAT was :)

Thank you! By chance, is it real coffee in the urns? And i feel ya, it will be me fetching coffee (if i dont make it in the room). That's ok though, i am always up first.

Thank you! By chance, is it real coffee in the urns? And i feel ya, it will be me fetching coffee (if i dont make it in the room). That's ok though, i am always up first.

If by "real coffee" you mean do they put a big filter in the urn and pour in a bag of grounds and run hot water through it...yes.

It isn't reconstituted or instant.

We find the pod coffee to be too small and a little weak, unfortunately the Food Court coffee isn't as strong as I like either (I like it strong as you can always add hot water to it to weaken it...nothing to be done if it is too weak) but better than the machine in the room...think we used the room one ONCE the entire trip.

If by "real coffee" you mean do they put a big filter in the urn and pour in a bag of grounds and run hot water through it...yes. It isn't reconstituted or instant. We find the pod coffee to be too small and a little weak, unfortunately the Food Court coffee isn't as strong as I like either (I like it strong as you can always add hot water to it to weaken it...nothing to be done if it is too weak) but better than the machine in the room...think we used the room one ONCE the entire trip.

Yes..i like it strong too but i will deal with it for 5 mornings lol. I wonder if you can stick 2 pods in to make it stronger?

Yes..i like it strong too but i will deal with it for 5 mornings lol. I wonder if you can stick 2 pods in to make it stronger?

Actually, your best bet for cheating like that is to bring some Starbucks VIA and add some of that in. That's what we generally do on trips anywhere that doesn't have a good coffee shop attached to the hotel.

Yes it is real coffee. The coffee supplier is Joffrey's and it is much better than the old Nescafe syrup they used to use.

Add to Roll Call please: June 13-20 - Will be our 2nd trip to CBR, looking forward to checking out the refurb rooms!

It's pretty far out- only POP and AOA are further away!! But then you have the trade off of going straight to and from MK without having to go to the TTC.

From Googling the bus stop numbers, CBR is number 32 on the right side of the bus station. It is a bit of a walk when your feet are tired. I wish Disney would put benches in the lines for when you're exhausted from a long day at the park!

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter