Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ack! I don't know what to do. When I told dh last night about the new offer, he told me to book a trip for our 38th anniversary in April. Sadly, POFQ wasn't available. Because I've followed mickeystoontown's TRs for years, I decided to book CBR. However, having read through this whole thread, I'm not feeling the magic. The number of bus stops is a big issue. Dh is invisibly disabled and must sit, so getting on an already crowded bus is a problem. And the refurbished rooms look . . . brown, colorless. I'm real close to cancelling. Someone sell me on CBR!

I hate that POFQ is so often not available, one of our faves we never get to stay at.

I will say, the week prior to Christmas I only had to stand three times on the bus, and that was LEAVING the parks (so could have waited longer in line for a seat if I really had wanted to. But since we were in Jamaica, most the buses stopped at our stop first.

I loved the new decor, hated the look of the old rooms.

I guess the only thing I can say to help sell it is while it isn't POFQ, it is DISNEY! So better than nothing? :)

We will be back for the 4th time for Spring Break! Arriving March 4th and leaving for Boardwalk on March 8th.
Super excited.
This is our favorite Moderate - we love the beach tropical theme and music that they play.

46 is a short walk over the bridge to the pool and food court...We were in 46 a couple weeks ago, and it was an easy stroll...also plenty of spaces in the parking lot nearby so shouldn't be too hard parking close to your room.

That makes me feel better about requesting that building. Was your room a refurbished one? Did it have the pull down trundle? I wasn't sure if all of the refurbished rooms had the pull down trundle or not.

How do you request building? I know at riverside there was a room request fax number. We will be staying this spring break at Caribbean Beach! There are five of us! We will be over my Bday this year!

That makes me feel better about requesting that building. Was your room a refurbished one? Did it have the pull down trundle? I wasn't sure if all of the refurbished rooms had the pull down trundle or not.

Yes, we had a refurbed room...it was great (though we didn't have the bathroom door like you see in most the pitures (the dark brown shutter looking thing) it was a heavy sliding door built into the wall...that HAD to be locked or it would roll open.

And yes, we had the pull down bed...definite trade-off in losing dresser space, but DD13 loved having it.

Not all refurbs have the pulldown bed...Not even sure if we have a good guess on the percentage.

Requesting a specific building can be done by fax or calling...not an option on the online check in (though you can select the island).

About a week out from your arrival, you can log in to MDE and make special requests on your room reservation. It's a good idea to call about 5 days before to ensure they are noted.

We are going February 15th through the 24th. We have a pool/water view and we requested Jamaica. We have stayed there before and we remember a live steel-drum band playing island music outside of Old Port Royale. Is the band still there? :confused3

We will be arriving April 4th. We will be staying until the 10th. This is our third visit. (Have been every year since visit #1 in 2013). I love disney! We stayed at Pop (had a two year old so didn't count against occupancy) and last year at riverside. I must admit I am scared of the Dixie of Caribbean and the bus situation. No more rooms at Riverside. Please give me any advice you can. I know we will have a blast as always. I want to be excited about this resort

I suppose we've been lucky... possible patient and well prepared. We go to CBR every year, be it in January, but we never wait long for a bus. That being said, we are well prepared and are never 'running late' for anything. I'd rather be 2 hours early than 1 minute late and we are early risers so we get out and to the bus stop early.
There are plenty of buses running to and from CBR. My suggestion, be prepared and be patient. You're at Disneyworld, don't sweat the buses!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!

Well, I wasn't expecting to be at Disney in 2 weeks, but a pin code in the mail yesterday and $70 airfare was too tempting! So now I will be spending my Bday at my favorite place. :) We have stayed at CBR before the refurb. No parks for us this time around. I just want to enjoy the resort theming. Does anyone know if there is a gym on site?

There's no "real" gym at the resort BUT so many walking trails (heck just searching for your building can be turned into an Olympic Sport :rotfl2:) OR rent a bike and a couple of toddlers for weight! :rotfl:
Or you could request a room in the furthest building from OPR and make yourself go for a drink of water every hour!!

Got back last Saturday from our Christmas week stay. We had requested Jamaica or Aruba through online check-in, but were offered a ready room in Barbados and took that instead. We were in building 12 which is closer to Martinique so the walk to OPR wasn't too bad. The room was clean and still smelled new, we did not have a murphy bed which was ok since it was just us 4. The in room safe is now one that you lock with a code you pick in case anyone was wondering. Food court was crazy, but we expected that for Christmas week. The resort in general still seemed empty because it is so large which was really nice after a long day in the parks. Buses actually weren't too bad considering it was Christmas week. All in all it was a good trip and CBR didn't disappoint as usual. We'll back to take on the world in the summer of 2016.

There's no "real" gym at the resort BUT so many walking trails (heck just searching for your building can be turned into an Olympic Sport :rotfl2:) OR rent a bike and a couple of toddlers for weight! :rotfl:
Or you could request a room in the furthest building from OPR and make yourself go for a drink of water every hour!!

LOL! I will probably end up over at the WL to use their gym, I guess. Training for a fitness competition means no rest days for me! Boooooo!! Disney is my happy cupcake place so this trip will certainly be interesting. :/

Party of 5 with a pin code. Would you try a new resort (CBR) or do 2 rooms at POP (where we stayed last time). I priced them out and it's about the same with my pin. We will need preferred since my mom has knee issues.

Party of 5 with a pin code. Would you try a new resort (CBR) or do 2 rooms at POP (where we stayed last time). I priced them out and it's about the same with my pin. We will need preferred since my mom has knee issues.

I would do CBR over POP in an instant...and I did! But would need to know about your party make-up to be certain.

But here is my pitch for CBR:

Larger rooms, and the refurb for fitting 5 in them..as long as you can make do with two queen beds and one twin (fold out...which my daughter said was very comfy) you should be set...in Pop, two rooms, sure you will have four double beds...

The pools at CBR is nicer than POP, cool slides if the kids are into that sort of thing vs no slides at POP.

The only bonus to two rooms at POP I can see up front is two seperate bathrooms...oh, and if I recall correctly, no coffeemaker or fridge in POP rooms.

LOL! I will probably end up over at the WL to use their gym, I guess. Training for a fitness competition means no rest days for me! Boooooo!! Disney is my happy cupcake place so this trip will certainly be interesting. :/

CSR is the only mod with a gym

Love this thread! We will be at CBR 6/21-6/27. We have not stayed here before and were thinking of doing BC, but this thread got me so excited for CBR. The new rooms look great. So glad that there is another option for a family of five.

Will be at CBR for marathon weekend. Planning on doing my usual breakfast before runs which involves toast and peanut butter. I plan on bringing everything with me but wondering if the food court has toasters I can use?

Thanks for everyone's help and comments on this thread to help me plan a great vacation! 7 days and counting!! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter