Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it would save some walking if you are leaving Epcot and are in the World Showcase, if in Future World, it won't...BUT, HS would have to have closed recently or still be open...we thought that sounded like a great idea on our first EPCOT night as we watched Illuminations from Tokyo Dinning and walked to the International Gateway and were told that since HS closed at 8 the buses to CBR would be done running from there by the time we arrived...and we would be stuck needing to call a cab...so make sure HS will still be open.

Thanks for the response. And for the other response as well-sorry, don't know how to quote 2 posts!

It would be for mid-day rest time, so we wouldn't have the worry on if DHS is open. Possibly it will be a wash distance-wise if the DHS bus stops are farther than Epcot. But I think we will try it out anyway for the experience if there's not a long wait for the boat. Thanks all!

Popping in to wish all CB Resorters a very Merry Christmas!

We stayed at CBR in August, pre-refurb Martinique and just loved it. The grounds were beautiful, the food court had plenty of options and the staff were lovely. I hope all who are planning a trip here enjoy it as much as we did! This thread was invaluable, so if you're planning a trip, I'm so envious. Hopefully we'll return here one day.

In the meantime, a Merry Christmas to you and yours, and best wishes for 2015!

Well hello there everyone! It has been a while!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay back in January 2013 at POR and on a last minute whim, I just booked myself & the 3 middle kids at CBR for next month!! We will be there Jan 6-9 :cool1:

We won't be visiting any of the parks on this trip, sadly :sad2: But I'm looking forward to checking out EVERYTHING else that Disney has to offer! I think the kids (ages 4/8/11) will LOVE CBR. When we stayed at POR, we were at the parks all the time so no time to really enjoy the resort. I can't wait to see what CBR has to offer!

Since we will be spending our days at the resort, any suggestions for room locations? I have a standard booked at the moment.......I could be persuaded to change it :cool1:

Just a quick check-in to report that we're loving our standard room in Jamaica 46. We weren't thrilled with the view of the parking lot, but since we drove, it's been very convenient and hasn't bothered us a bit. Very quiet, very clean - no mousekeeping issues at all, except maybe low on the towel animals. But I actually asked for one in my tip envelope yesterday, and we came to a really cool one last night.

Haven't felt the crowds at CBR much at all, except for high volume times at Port Royal, and we expected that. A few CMs have REALLY gone above and beyond - David in the Port Royal actually gave the kids a boatload of pins when we shared with him that we'd left ours at home. It was his birthday gift to them, but it really was so much more. We'll be sharing our experience with Disney for sure to make sure he gets recognition!! :)

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope 2015 will bring another awesome year to Dis-vacation-ers

Thanks for the response. And for the other response as well-sorry, don't know how to quote 2 posts!

It would be for mid-day rest time, so we wouldn't have the worry on if DHS is open. Possibly it will be a wash distance-wise if the DHS bus stops are farther than Epcot. But I think we will try it out anyway for the experience if there's not a long wait for the boat. Thanks all!

No, the HS stop isn't as far as the EPCOT one...CBR is one of the EPCOT pick up stops that is the farthest away from the entrance...HS isn't as far, even with walking from the boat dock over to it.

No, the HS stop isn't as far as the EPCOT one...CBR is one of the EPCOT pick up stops that is the farthest away from the entrance...HS isn't as far, even with walking from the boat dock over to it.

Ooh good to know! I actually thought I remembered reading DHS stop was close, but then second guessed myself. Worth a try. We have 2 Epcot days planned, both with mid-day breaks, so it will be fun to try something new. Thanks!

Ill be staying here during the wdw marathon weekend. My brother and his family stayed here last October and liked it so looking forward to it. Will have a preferred water view room if I remember correctly. Thank you to all that have posted info on here.

If the beach bum roll call is being updated - please add us for Jan6-9!!
I managed to read through the whole thread :coffee: and share the info with the kids - can't wait!

What exactly is the roll call for? I must have missed the start of that somewhere.

Add us to the roll call, we'll be at CBR January 18th-23rd!!!! Can't wait! This will be our 6th stay at CBR in 6 years. We are super excited to see the refurbished rooms (hopefully)!

I'm wondering about connecting rooms?? I have been looking on Touring Plans site at the rooms and they aren't showing any as connecting...

I'm interested in the rooms for 5 for our 2015 trip and if they can be connecting that would be great.

We are planning our first stay at CBR in March 2015... We usually stay at the values but are bringing an extra person along this time!! We are doing MK, a pool and visit day, and HS.... I am planning on calling to get a first floor room because I have a child that requires a wheelchair for long distances but is otherwise mobile... Any recommendations on the best area to get on the buses for the best accommodation... Usually my husband and I stand because I feel this is more polite since the wheel chair does take up a 3 seat area... But this time we will have our niece with us and she is only 7 so wanted to know the easiest place... Plus any tips on a first stay here? We are excited!! It'll be our 4th trip but the nieces 1st!!!

I'm wondering about connecting rooms?? I have been looking on Touring Plans site at the rooms and they aren't showing any as connecting...

I'm interested in the rooms for 5 for our 2015 trip and if they can be connecting that would be great.

Yes, there are connecting rooms.

We are planning on a Christmas 2015 trip... Not sure how long we will stay or where (that depends on if/how good the discount is), but thrilled we are finally under 1 year!! Woohoo!

We will be at CBR 3/12-3/19.

I booked a preferred room as my wife will be 7 months pregnant at that point and will not want to walk as much. She plans on a lot of R&R while I dash around the parks with 2 12yo girls (pray for me).

After reading that the preferred rooms have not been refurbished yet I am worried that we will be disappointed with our first stay at CBR. I am mostly worried that my wife will be upset with the room if it is not refurbished.

It always seems when I book a trip to WDW I end up with something to worry about. ;)

Having said all of that, do most folks think they will be done by then? If they are not, what is our next best option in terms of less walking to the buses and main building?

We will be at CBR 3/12-3/19.

Having said all of that, do most folks think they will be done by then? If they are not, what is our next best option in terms of less walking to the buses and main building?

Since it seems like they currently are up to the preferred rooms in the order of the refurb, it is a good bet they will be done with them by then, or at least down to the last section of preferred. As was discussed on the old thread when they started, it appears the work permit is good through April or May, so the plans must be to have the entire resort (minus the Pirate Rooms we think) done by then...so by mid-late March, they should be near the end, probably mostly done with all but Trinidad North non-preferred. So I would say your odds are good to get a refurbed preferred.

If not, Jamaica 45 is the best for being a short (very pleasant) walk to Old Port Royale, and also to the bus-stop for Jamaica. We were just in 46 and it was just a slight bit longer to Old Port Royale...shorter to the bus stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter