Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, bumping the thread back to the first page:

Do any longtime CBR guests know if there are any Hidden Mickeys we should be trying to find on resort property?

I would like to know this myself. Little Miss is all about everything Mickey.

Oh and I don't think I've added my name to the roll call yet. We'll be giving CBR a try for the first time 5/6-5/15.

Disney always seems slow to update the pictures. Last time I looked at the VWL pictures they were of the old rooms too which were redone last summer. If you look at the other resorts pictures you will see lots of them with the old full bedspreads. The Dis is the best place to see up-to-date pictures! Thanks all of you who post those pics for us!

Thank you! I pulled up the disney page to go over hotel options with my dh and he was not impressed haha had to convince him that i was not totally crazy person and pull up the dis. These boards are such a great resource :)

Disney always seems slow to update the pictures. Last time I looked at the VWL pictures they were of the old rooms too which were redone last summer. If you look at the other resorts pictures you will see lots of them with the old full bedspreads. The Dis is the best place to see up-to-date pictures! Thanks all of you who post those pics for us!

And I think they may be waiting till they are complete...because image the reverse, they posted the pics of the refurb and someone booked and got a non-refurbed room. Could be considered bait and switch.

It's not just resorts. They STILL have up stateroom pictures for the Wonder on the cruise line site that have the blue bedspreads they haven't had for a long time now.

This will be our first CBR stay and I'm wondering where you guys that have stayed there usually eat when you are spending time at the resort. Do you like the table service restaurant? Does the pool bar sell snacks like the one at CSR? Is the food court as crowded at dinner as most of the value and moderate resort food courts are at breakfast? Thanks in advance!

Do the newly refurbished rooms have queen beds instead of the doubles? I currently have a Royal Palace room at POR, but thinking about saving a little $$ and staying at CBR. We have stayed in a Pirate room and a standard over the past 2 years....but prefer the queen beds. Thanks!

This will be our first CBR stay and I'm wondering where you guys that have stayed there usually eat when you are spending time at the resort. Do you like the table service restaurant? Does the pool bar sell snacks like the one at CSR? Is the food court as crowded at dinner as most of the value and moderate resort food courts are at breakfast? Thanks in advance!

Hello fellow North Carolinian :) We did not eat at the table service restaurant. I don't know if the pool bar sell snacks. The food court had a lot of people in it at lunch and dinner when we were there but, we never had trouble finding a table. I must say that the pasta is delicious! There was even enough of it for my DS12 and I to split it. We will be there at Christmas too! I hope you enjoy your vacation as much as we will! :santa:

Do the newly refurbished rooms have queen beds instead of the doubles? I currently have a Royal Palace room at POR, but thinking about saving a little $$ and staying at CBR. We have stayed in a Pirate room and a standard over the past 2 years....but prefer the queen beds. Thanks!

Yes. All of the refurbished rooms that had double beds are now queens. :goodvibes

We ate in the foodhall for lunch and dinner once or twice. It wasn't busy during the day, as most people were out at the parks.

Breakfast could be busy - but you sort of expect that. Mostly I bought some bread or a bagel and made my own, and then we'd eat in the foodhall or walk back to our room, which was just round the corner (preferred!).

We did enjoy the food at OPR, though. I had the most gorgeous freshly made salad with papaya and all sorts in it! I was able to ditch the onion (as I don't like onion) so it was perfectly tailored for my taste. The night we arrived I had half a chicken with rice and DD had the baked salmon; both were delish.

Thanks for the info about the restaurants! Does anyone know how we can get this thread added to the resort info/FAQ sticky? It would be much easier than searching for it every day.

We ate at the table service restaurant just last month and it was probably the best steak I've ever had. The waitress told us they are known for the char crusted steak and I can see why. To die for! The bread pudding dessert was the best dessert I had at Disney. I was so stuffed but had to eat every bite it was so amazing. It has caramel on it and comes with a fireball whiskey sauce on the side. We went on a Sat evening and had no trouble getting a table without a reservation. Enjoy :)

Thanks for the info about the restaurants! Does anyone know how we can get this thread added to the resort info/FAQ sticky? It would be much easier than searching for it every day.

Good idea, but in the meantime what I do is just keep the last page on a separate tab in my browser, then hit "refresh" at each visit. :)

Good idea, but in the meantime what I do is just keep the last page on a separate tab in my browser, then hit "refresh" at each visit. :)

Or just hit "Thread Tools" at the top and click on "Subscribe to Thread." Then, next time you log into Disboards, click on "Quick Links" and then "Subscribed Threads" and it will be listed there.

Great way to bookmark your favorite threads, just make sure you clean it up now and then (unlike me, who has WAY too many threads listed at this point). ;)

With each resort having a similar thread, it would be a lot of sticky threads up there.

Pay no attention to the Pooh n Friends lurking in the background. That's just me marking my spot in the tread so less scrolling next time. <7 weeks = 48 days = 1152 hours till our first stay at CBR.

been a while since Ive been on, but wow the time is flying by. in two weeks we will be in WDW! its a nice reminder of the good that is to come when last year at this time we were dealing with a sad situation and watching our kids push through-making them stronger people. I know that if my mom would not have passed away last year she would be so excited right now. so with that, let my crazy busy week begin and packing start on Sunday!

This might be old news, but it was new to me... When I was vacation dreaming for next year and pricing out trips on the site it let me select CBR for 5 people and said standard rooms can sleep up to 5!!! Wohoo!! I knew they had been adding some of the murphy beds, but this is the first time it had let me select the resort with 5 people. Now I am just crossing my fingers and toes it is included in the free dining next December!!

Yay!:cool1::banana::yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter