Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guess on when Martinique refurbs will be done? Also, it has been a few years since I have stayed at CBR. Are pool towels now provided at all pools or just at the main pool? Thanks!

Any guess on when Martinique refurbs will be done? Also, it has been a few years since I have stayed at CBR. Are pool towels now provided at all pools or just at the main pool? Thanks!

Towels are not provided at the quiet pools. It looked like they were starting Martinique this week so I would guess before the new year.

Just checked in........Jamaica 45 with a Murphy!!! So excited! Went to bus stop and waited 3 min before the downtown Disney bus came :) oh yeah off to a great start!

Can we please be added to the roll call, our dates are 12/22-12/26/14. So I have a question about the refurbed rooms. It looks like there's only a top sheet on the beds. Is there a heavier blanket underneath? I'm assuming I could request something heavier from Mousekeeping if need be, but I'd like to know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly. TIA

Just read a PP that mentions they faxed their request and got it. Has anyone else been successful with a fax request at CBR? I just sent a fax today (checking in on Friday) and I do have my requested noted on the reservation. Just curious on the percentage the fax requests work here.

We arrive Saturday - wondering what weather is like. Can't decide if we should pack shorts or pants. We've only ever been in Spring time, where it's nice in the day time, but a little chilly at night. Is it similar to that in November? Any tips are appreciated . . .

Thank you for organizing this new thread, can't wait to help in however way I can.

Just faxed in our request :) checking in this Thursday. Hopefully our requests are met!

Thanks so much to everyone on this board, you are all so helpful and I would never have known about all this valuable information if it wasn't for you. :thumbsup2

We arrive Saturday - wondering what weather is like. Can't decide if we should pack shorts or pants. We've only ever been in Spring time, where it's nice in the day time, but a little chilly at night. Is it similar to that in November? Any tips are appreciated . . .

Right now, weather forecast for next week is showing highs from 68-80 and lows mid 40's to upper 50s. Not sure where you are from and what you are used to weather wise, but I'm from upstate NY- I would pack both. CBR has washers and dryers by the quiet pools- we are planning on bringing clothes for temps 25-90 and doing laundry midweek on our morning off when we go in 3 weeks...

I haven't been there yet during this time, but one of my friends is there right now. I started packing last night for our trip on Thursday. She said to bring layers as its been a bit chilly, but I also noticed the weather dipped down a bit there this weekend. She said its nice during the day, but once that sun goes down it gets chilly fast.

Supposed to be highs near 75-80 this week with lows in the 50s...so my guess is pants/capris in the morning with maybe a tank and hoodie/sweatshirt...that way you can take the layers off and maybe bring a pair of shorts if you get too hot?

I tried packing last night and I feel like I brought a little bit of everything since there is going to be such a difference in temps between morning, day, and night.

Hope this helps!

Can we please be added to the roll call, our dates are 12/22-12/26/14. So I have a question about the refurbed rooms. It looks like there's only a top sheet on the beds. Is there a heavier blanket underneath? I'm assuming I could request something heavier from Mousekeeping if need be, but I'd like to know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly. TIA

It's a triple sheet, so a sheet, then a blanket then another sheet on top of that, that's why you only see a sheet in the picture.

Both. We'll be there this Saturday also! But we've been 4-5 times this same week, and you never know. One year it was so cold, and the next year it was 80's all week. So I would pack a little of both, and a light jacket.

PhoenixStrength said:
It's a triple sheet, so a sheet, then a blanket then another sheet on top of that, that's why you only see a sheet in the picture.

Thanks so much

OK I'm gonna try this again�� we are needing to change our dates. I want to go to see Disney all christmassy but my dh wants to be able to swim. Is it warm enough for swimming the first week in November? Our original dates are Oct. 18-25. If to cool for swimming in November when would be the next best dates? Myself and DS and dd cannot handle extreme heat. Any recommendations?

My son and I went swimming last year the week of Christmas. It was just fine. Of course I suppose that depends on the year. Some are just colder than others. The pools are heated though, so go for it! We are going to CBR for Christmas again this year and plan on swimming. I can't wait! Have fun!:santa:

I have been missing from here for awhile and I just wanted to send out a huge thank you and great job to Lisa! Awesome work girl! :woohoo:

We arrive Friday and I've been stalking the weather forecast. We went this same week last year, and it looks to be pretty comparable. If it holds up, we'll be good with t-shirts and shorts/capris during the day and throwing a lightweight hoodie on at night.

My son and I went swimming last year the week of Christmas. It was just fine. Of course I suppose that depends on the year. Some are just colder than others. The pools are heated though, so go for it! We are going to CBR for Christmas again this year and plan on swimming. I can't wait! Have fun!:santa:

You just never know with weather. We were there for Christmas 2009 from Dec 20 to New Years Day. It was cold, really cold on some days. So cold that on one of the days it was warmer here in Western Canada than it was in Orlando! We alway pack accordingly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter