• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Well we just returned from a 10-day stay at Caribbean Beach Resort (Feb. 14th - 24th) and I have to say, this was, by far, our BEST resort stay in the past four years. We have stayed here before, but we have also tried Coronado, POR, POFQ, and my whole family kept saying how much we LOVE the Caribbean Beach resort. For some reason, our first stay there in 2000, we were out in Jamaica 44, and, per our request, we have been placed back in that building on each of our returns. I LOVE the Jamaica section. From our front door of our room to the front door of Old Port Royale, it was exactly a 9 minute walk, and a beautiful walk at that. A stroll across Caribbean Cay (the small island at the resort) with the music playing is a great walk even after a long day at the parks. Some nights, we would get off at Old Port Royale and walk over just to enjoy the walk. The grounds were beautiful. The new rooms are amazing. Our services, from bus to maid-service, were stellar. Our maids would always have the room clean, leave towel animals (left a Sting Ray in the bathtub one day...very cool) and would regularly leave us extras of everything. The room was always spotless and they cleaned, top to bottom, all 10 days! We never waited more than ten minutes for a bus...ever...during those ten days. Coming back from the parks the service was good as well. The only thing that I would say is that they do pack the busses at night if you stay to park closing, so be ready for that. The food court is such a cool place to hang out...with good food. The store now has Caribbean Beach specific merchandise (as I sit here sipping out of my newly acquired CB coffee mug) and we got the refillable mugs and used them quite a bit. There were a couple of chilly days, so my daughter really liked the hot chocolate! My wife and daughter would hang at the pools in the afternoon and I would nap. They loved both the main pool and our quiet pool at Jamaica. We had a pool-view, first floor room, and it was never loud. In fact, you could go swimming whenever you wanted. It was great. I cannot say enough great things about this resort. In fact, it really was the highlight of our trip. While the parks have definitely seen their better days, the CB resort continues to impress.

If you have any questions, I would be glad to answer what I can.

Could you tell me about how long the busses take to get to the parks?

Sure...I actually kept track a few days

MK - longest...20-25 minutes.
AK - 15 minutes
EPCOT - 10-15 minutes
HS - 5-10 minutes

Downtown Disney - 15-20 minutes

Great! Thank you!! We are going for Star Wars weekend and I'm trying to decide if we should just use Disney transport or rent a car.

Hi. Ill be at CBR on March 21 while my ds HS baseball team plays that week at WWoS.

Does the hotel have hair dryers? I rather not bring my own.

Does housekeeping come in each day to change the towels. With multiple baseball games and practices, we will be going through a lot.

Im asking since we usually stay in our TS or DVC so just want to make sure that is correct about housekeeping.

Thank you.

Beach Bum roll call has been updated. When the Dis had a makeover, I stopped getting email notifications which put me way behind. If I missed your dates, please post them and I'll get you added.

Jumping on board! We are booked 9/30 - 10/10 in a standard room. It will be our 3rd CBR stay and my mom's 1st! I can't wait to show her the gorgeous scenery and see the refurbed rooms!

9/13-9/19. We stayed in Trinidad North 33 last September, before the reno, and our friends who went with us had Jamaica 43 and had the new reno. Can't wait to stay in the updated rooms this year.

My hubby is really wanting to move our reservation to POR. :sad2:
Is it wrong of me to hope that if they offer FD during our trip, that POR isn't included again so we can definitely stay at CBR? :rotfl:

Definitely not wrong and I'm sending good thoughts your way that you can stay at CBR. We were POR fans until we had to switch to CBR for Free Dining and just fell in love with CBR. We haven't been able stay anywhere else since.

Definitely not wrong and I'm sending good thoughts your way that you can stay at CBR. We were POR fans until we had to switch to CBR for Free Dining and just fell in love with CBR. We haven't been able stay anywhere else since.

Thank you! :)
We've only walked across CBR after getting off a bus at the wrong stop to make our way to Shutters for dinner, and I fell in love. It's beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter