Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much! I'm sure I will be using the laundry facilities at least once on our trip! :)

You are welcome! We were there in May/June and I did laundry several times. I also posted pictures of the new rooms and the website that you use to check your laundry. I'll see if I can find those pictures and post them again.

Ok! I have a question for ya. Hopefully a fun one what is your favorite food to eat from old port royale?

Ok! I have a question for ya. Hopefully a fun one what is your favorite food to eat from old port royale?

For breakfast, the bounty platter which has eggs, biscuits, toast, roasted potatoes, and your choice of bacon or sausage.

Lunch, hum? Well, I'm a fan of fresh tossed salads so the Caesar salad with chicken is my favorite. My husband would say the steak and cheese sandwich.

Dinner would have to be the roasted chicken with steamed vegetables and rice and gravy.

As a snack? The monkey cupcake for sure!

Thanks so much! I'm sure I will be using the laundry facilities at least once on our trip! :)

You are welcome! Our stays are two weeks long and I always end up washing at least two or three loads. Did you know that you can now check on your laundry while you are off doing something else at the resort? It's pretty neat to see how much longer you have to stay in the pool or stroll around the resort.

The omelet of the day is always good.
I have been craving the breakfast Cuban lately
Last year I had more of the bounty platter than anything else

But really am craving that Cuban, good thing I have two more sleeps left before its time to arrive!!!

We're here, so I thought I give a quick report.

We arrived Monday around noon. We had to wait for our room since it wasn't ready, but we headed to DTD for lunch. They texted us our room number around 2pm. We were booked for a water view room. I requested Martinique or Barbados and a corner room. Our wishes were granted with a corner room in Martinique 24, which is preferred. Yay! The room is lovely. Everything was clean and in working order. It's a quick 3 minute walk to OPR and 2 minute walk to our bus.

Housekeeping has been great. No towel animals yet, but they keep restocking our shampoo and soap that keeps disappearing. :rolleyes1 They promptly brought us more hangers when we called to ask for some. Oh, and our luggage arrived just after we got into our room.

Bus service has been great. The longest we've waited has been for MK, but that's largely because we had just missed the bus. The wait was only about 10 minutes anyway. My only quibble is that the bus stop at MK is soooo far away!

If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer while I'm here.

Sorry to hear that, but it doesn't really matter to me. I'd rather my room be clean.
These towel animals must have been endangered species cause in all our time going my partner and I never received/saw any. Just your basic mickey head on the bed :(

These towel animals must have been endangered species cause in all our time going my partner and I never received/saw any. Just your basic mickey head on the bed :(

I think it has a lot to do with where you stay. We returned a few weeks ago form a 14 night stay at CBR. We saw zero towel animals. Our previous stay was at the Wilderness Lodge. 10 nights, 10+ towel animals, lol. Same went for our Animal Kingdom stay, and a short Poly trip. We don't even seem to get them at either values or mods.

Sorry to hear that, but it doesn't really matter to me. I'd rather my room be clean.
It doesn't matter to me either but you mentioned it so I just let you know that it's a thing of the past. They stopped making them earlier this year. Some people say they still see them once in a while but they're a rare sighting these days.

We're here, so I thought I give a quick report.

We arrived Monday around noon. We had to wait for our room since it wasn't ready, but we headed to DTD for lunch. They texted us our room number around 2pm. We were booked for a water view room. I requested Martinique or Barbados and a corner room. Our wishes were granted with a corner room in Martinique 24, which is preferred. Yay! The room is lovely. Everything was clean and in working order. It's a quick 3 minute walk to OPR and 2 minute walk to our bus.

Housekeeping has been great. No towel animals yet, but they keep restocking our shampoo and soap that keeps disappearing. :rolleyes1 They promptly brought us more hangers when we called to ask for some. Oh, and our luggage arrived just after we got into our room.

Bus service has been great. The longest we've waited has been for MK, but that's largely because we had just missed the bus. The wait was only about 10 minutes anyway. My only quibble is that the bus stop at MK is soooo far away!

If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer while I'm here.
Did you request via fax? Or, call prior to your trip? Just curious! Have an amazing trip!

All of the Disney resorts have started closing the main feature pools and hot tubs once the lifeguards go off duty. The CBR has a gate around the main pool and it’s locked once the lifeguards are gone. Towels are provided and there is a towel return bin located near the pool.

Is this really true?!?! My sister and I always finish off a day at the parks with a nice soak in the hot tub! Will it really be closed?? Even if the pool bar is still open? That is so depressing! It's really been a tradition for us; it's one of the main reasons we always stay at CBR...

Is this really true?!?! My sister and I always finish off a day at the parks with a nice soak in the hot tub! Will it really be closed?? Even if the pool bar is still open? That is so depressing! It's really been a tradition for us; it's one of the main reasons we always stay at CBR...

Sadly it is true for all WDW resorts. "Officially" even the leisure pools are closed when the main feature pool closes, but this has not been enforced at CBR yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter