• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
42 days until our first stay at CBR..can't wait..my question is,if we get the text saying our room is ready before arrive do we still need to stop at The Custom House to get our parking pass or will it be in our room??

42 days until our first stay at CBR..can't wait..my question is,if we get the text saying our room is ready before arrive do we still need to stop at The Custom House to get our parking pass or will it be in our room??

I believe that most resorts are doing away with paper parking passes, now using Magic Bands.

We are coming on DME. If we get the text that our room is ready and we don't need to go to the custom house, does the DME drop us off at a point where we can get right onto an internal bus to get to our room?

We are coming on DME. If we get the text that our room is ready and we don't need to go to the custom house, does the DME drop us off at a point where we can get right onto an internal bus to get to our room?

You'll get off the DME bus at Custom House and yes, an internal shuttle is available there but I think it would be much better to have bell services take you and your luggage to your room in one of their vans. Besides, luggage isn't really supposed to be taken on the internal shuttle bus. We often just walk to our room but we usually just have a wheelie bag each so it's a relatively pleasant way to go if the weather is nice.

61 days until we check in at CBR. :yay: It will be mine and DH 5th time at WDW, my DS's 3rd trip, and my twin DD's 2nd. We have always stayed offsite until our last trip which was just me and DH for our 10th anniversary. After staying onsite I can't imagine staying offsite again and with a family of 5 our options are limited so we decided to give CBR a try.

We haven't told the kids were going yet, trying to keep it a surprise until we leave for the airport. My DS thinks he wont be going back to WDW until next year and he's always talking about how long he still has to wait so I'm hoping they'll be excited.

You'll get off the DME bus at Custom House and yes, an internal shuttle is available there but I think it would be much better to have bell services take you and your luggage to your room in one of their vans. Besides, luggage isn't really supposed to be taken on the internal shuttle bus. We often just walk to our room but we usually just have a wheelie bag each so it's a relatively pleasant way to go if the weather is nice.

I thought DME would deliver our bags to our rooms? We would only have a few backpacks with us. Am I misunderstanding the DME baggage service or do you just keep more carry-ons with you? We are hoping to get to Epcot within a few hours of landing and weren't planning to see our suitcases before then, but it would be nice to go to our room first and drop off extra stuff we don't need to take to the park.

If our room isn't ready, I was going to leave the extra carry-ons with bell services and get on a bus to epcot. Will that work?

I thought DME would deliver our bags to our rooms? We would only have a few backpacks with us. Am I misunderstanding the DME baggage service or do you just keep more carry-ons with you? We are hoping to get to Epcot within a few hours of landing and weren't planning to see our suitcases before then, but it would be nice to go to our room first and drop off extra stuff we don't need to take to the park.

If our room isn't ready, I was going to leave the extra carry-ons with bell services and get on a bus to epcot. Will that work?

Yes, if you use the yellow tags your bags will be delivered to the room. I was referring to carry ons but wasn't very clear, sorry. We often go carry on only and have 20 inch wheelie bags.

If the room isn't ready you can leave anything you won't need with you with bell services, however you need to be there when you want these brought to your room. Just call them when you're ready and they'll bring them around.

Park buses don't go to Custom House but you can literally just cross the street to get to a bus stop that does have park buses.

Tomorrow is the day for us for online check in and fast passes! I haven't done online check in for this resort before. Since it is so big, is it different than other resorts? What are options and what should I select? Thanks!

Tomorrow is the day for us for online check in and fast passes! I haven't done online check in for this resort before. Since it is so big, is it different than other resorts? What are options and what should I select? Thanks!

If you go to the first page of this thread, you'll see a screenshot of the options. As for what you should select, that's up to your needs and wants. The options are things like resort section, corner room, first or second floor, near transportation, etc. You can choose two. Pick the ones that are most important to you.

DME will take you to the Custom's House. You will get your vacation info and resort map.

Double checking. When I put requests in the online check in spots it erases my phone requests, correct? Should I just not even look at online check in or should I just skip the requests section?

Double checking. When I put requests in the online check in spots it erases my phone requests, correct? Should I just not even look at online check in or should I just skip the requests section?
It did not erase mine. Last time we went I had called in Jamaica and near a smoking section. I did online check in and put in 2nd floor and Jamaica. I called to make sure they were all there after and they were. All three were listed. :)

If we paid for a waterview room, do we have to put that in our room requests during online check in at 60 days? Or is it a given and I can request two other things like a certain floor and village? How do you request a certain building number? Do you have to call for that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter