Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading all the posts above about buses...When i stayed at POP last year, i had a rental car. The reason for this is because i had many ADR"s at the resorts and it so convenient to take your car and drive directly to other resorts, (not to mentioned you had more time in your room to get ready)..whereas, with buses, you have to leave 1 hr and half before your meal time since you have to transfer. However, i did use the buses to go to some park esp. the MK since it much faster to get into MK from bus depot than to park your car, and get on boat/monorail to get to MK. it just a matter of preference , but i do have to say that Disney does utilized the bus transportation very well. I am planning to do the same setup with transportation when i stay at CBR this Sept.

So someone needs to stop me from making changes to our adrs for our November trip. I made 4 changes this morning. I'm hoping that I have them all set. We are doing rainforest cafe, mama Melrose fantasmic dinner package, narraccoses, grand Flordian cafe, San angel inn, and yak and yeti. What do you all think of my choices?

So someone needs to stop me from making changes to our adrs for our November trip. I made 4 changes this morning. I'm hoping that I have them all set. We are doing rainforest cafe, mama Melrose fantasmic dinner package, narraccoses, grand Flordian cafe, San angel inn, and yak and yeti. What do you all think of my choices?

They sound goo to me. I know it is hard we are going in November as well, but try not to second guess yourself for another 2 1/2 months. If it were up to me I would be changing constantly too but I let DS be incharge of ADRs and I trust him. I did add some ice cream night at Beaches and Cream and a Boathouse lunch because I know my father would enjoy it is he decides to join us.

Hoping you can all help a newbie out. When is the best time to call in and add room requests to our reservation? We have a water-view. I need to request to be far from any smoking areas and DD and I are both highly allergic, so we do our best to avoid them. We would love Jamacia 45 or 44 based on the map, but can we only request a certain country? Floor level doesn't matter so much, but we would like to avoid a connecting door as well (is this a request?). sorry for so many questions! On our other stays we just asked to be far away from the elevator lol

I called in to add our room request the same day that I booked online. We have requested certain buildings before in the different areas so definitely do that and also let them know to avoid a connecting room if possible. It is said that they only allow you two request, but I spoke to an awesome CM and she noted THREE for me...ground floor, Jamaica 45, and corner room! Just know that you might not get all of your request, or any, but it is definitely worth calling and adding them to your reservation. Also, make sure to let the CM know which one is of most importance and they will list that first. For us it was ground floor. We hate having to climb stairs after a LONG day at the parks and sometimes long walk back from the bus stop! Hope all this helps!:)

I called in to add our room request the same day that I booked online. We have requested certain buildings before in the different areas so definitely do that and also let them know to avoid a connecting room if possible. It is said that they only allow you two request, but I spoke to an awesome CM and she noted THREE for me...ground floor, Jamaica 45, and corner room! Just know that you might not get all of your request, or any, but it is definitely worth calling and adding them to your reservation. Also, make sure to let the CM know which one is of most importance and they will list that first. For us it was ground floor. We hate having to climb stairs after a LONG day at the parks and sometimes long walk back from the bus stop! Hope all this helps!:)

That does, thank you so much!! We currently live in a 3 story walk-up building on the top floor, so 6 flights of stairs are a multiple daily thing for us lol, so those don't scare us. I will request the specific building, thank you!!

I've been messing around with ours as well...now we have too many breakfasts and I don't know which ones to get rid of lol.

Lol...I'm doing the same thing. So many restaurants I want to experience but alas this trip is all about my daughter and she has her choices. Just trying to find the best options. So far though I decided I want one day with no ADRs, we are thinking of doing a 4 park challenge on that day just to say we did it.

What is the situation at CBR with getting a cab in the morning to go to a park? We want to be at Studios by 6:45 on a Star Wars Weekend morning.

Our flight arrives at 9:30am. What do you think the chances of our room being ready around 11am? Checking in on a Wednesday.

Are corner rooms bigger?

Used to eat at Rainforest Cafe every trip. The last 2 times the food has been awful...and I am being generous. We are eating a Grand Floridian Cafe as well based of the recommendations of friends. Have eaten at all of your choices except Narcoosee's.

My wife had me change our Friday ADR 4 times. Finally settling in at Coral Reef.

I would like to say Hi while I am at CBR 9/12-9/19. Do you guys know how to spot another diser? I love this site ant the people on here have been great...mostly...jk

I love disboards!
We'll be there 9/13-9/19. I'll be wearing the Florida Gator visors and Mickey Mouse shirts...I'm a good looking guy with a beautiful wife. Can't miss us!!! :goofy:

Used to eat at Rainforest Cafe every trip. The last 2 times the food has been awful...and I am being generous. We are eating a Grand Floridian Cafe as well based of the recommendations of friends. Have eaten at all of your choices except Narcoosee's.

My wife had me change our Friday ADR 4 times. Finally settling in at Coral Reef.

The grand Flordian cafe is amazing! We ate the last summer and the steak melted in your mouth!

The grand Flordian cafe is amazing! We ate the last summer and the steak melted in your mouth!
Thank You for the recommendation as well. After tinkering with Day 4 and Day 6, we have settled in on:
Sunday: Cape May
Monday: Shutters (Food has gotten much better since our first trip)
Tuesday: Grand Floridian Cafe
Wednesday: 1900 Park Fair (breakfast), Wolfgang Puck, Downtown Disney (QS meal)
Thursday: Tony's Town Square...love that place
Friday: Coral Reef

Only eating at parks 2 days. Once we discovered other places/resorts without our kids, it opened up a whole new world of restaurants. Much of what we have chosen came from friends and this board. Also doing Keys to the Kingdom tour on Thursday. Our kids, \nowr 21 and 20...one in the Army and one in college. No more rushing around and no more trying to hit every ride. Have gleaned much info from these boards on the last 2 trips and now this trip and it has been well used.

We want to do the 4 park challenge as well. Not sure what day we will do it but we are going to try.

Since we are going during party times and during the last few days of the F&W festival we figured we will try our challenge on a Wednesday when there is no party and the festival is done. Not sure what type of a challenge we are going to do, mostly we just want to try a few rides and maybe a snack or meal at each part, maybe we'll throw in a character meet & great too, we are kind of boring.

We've done rope drop at MK and EPCOT but have never done rope drop at AK or HS, which one would folks recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter