Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hotel originally booked also had availability and we changed all 4 ressies to new dates. The following day we opted to switch resorts so I called back in to make the additional change. I have not noticed an extensive discussion on this topic but will look now I guess since I seem to be a lucky one? Not sure but I am glad I was able to just make a change and not rebook.

Just looked for a discussion on needing to cancel and rebook etc and can't find anything...could someone give me a link to read about it? I am curious now..thanks!

It was discussed in the free dining thread and elsewhere. I'll continue to look for a thread but I know it's in the free dining thread, I've also seen it discussed outside of disboards on Facebook.

The hotel originally booked also had availability and we changed all 4 ressies to new dates. The following day we opted to switch resorts so I called back in to make the additional change. I have not noticed an extensive discussion on this topic but will look now I guess since I seem to be a lucky one? Not sure but I am glad I was able to just make a change and not rebook.

Just looked for a discussion on needing to cancel and rebook etc and can't find anything...could someone give me a link to read about it? I am curious now..thanks!

Here are a couple threads.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/cm-said-i-cannot-change-my-stay.3402743/page-4#post-53518785

http://disboards.com/threads/has-anyone-else-been-told-this.3403073/

Thanks just read super briefly. If I read correctly it seems that some resorts might have a "minimum night stay" with free dining. While that is new to WDW it is a common policy of many hotels during popular times of travel/weekends etc. I know FD dates are not typically "popular times of travel" but with the promotion they sure are!
Anyway good luck to all and I am glad I did not have issues dropping a couple nights off the reservations!

Thanks just read super briefly. If I read correctly it seems that some resorts might have a "minimum night stay" with free dining. While that is new to WDW it is a common policy of many hotels during popular times of travel/weekends etc. I know FD dates are not typically "popular times of travel" but with the promotion they sure are!
Anyway good luck to all and I am glad I did not have issues dropping a couple nights off the reservations!

It's been an issue for sometime with people doing this, and it's not just under free dining times. I generally camp and for many people the only way to get into the campground was to book a longer stay then drop days off. And people were using this method to book ADRs further out, booking a trip and then dropping days off the front. I think Disney is just trying to stop some abuse of the system and unfortunately honest people get screwed. I am not super worried because I never book my trips unless i am certain about the dates but people are used to Disney being super flexible and it seems now it's not so much.

I will throw in that we had the same experience as you. We dropped a day off the beginning of our trip without a problem like a week or so ago. Didn't have to cancel or anything just modify the reservation.

It's been an issue for sometime with people doing this, and it's not just under free dining times. I generally camp and for many people the only way to get into the campground was to book a longer stay then drop days off. And people were using this method to book ADRs further out, booking a trip and then dropping days off the front. I think Disney is just trying to stop some abuse of the system and unfortunately honest people get screwed. I am not super worried because I never book my trips unless i am certain about the dates but people are used to Disney being super flexible and it seems now it's not so much.
Makes complete sense!!

Doing laundry now while getting ready for our dinner at Downtown Disney. The washers and dryers are changed out. They no longer take coins. You must use a credit card. It is 2.50 for 35 minute wash and 2.50 for a 1 hour dry.

There is a website that you can use to see what machines are available and the progress of your machine. It is extremely convenient to be able to check your laundry while in your room or anywhere else in the resort.

Here is the link http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

Screenshots of the site when I checked progress

image.jpg

Doing laundry now while getting ready for our dinner at Downtown Disney. The washers and dryers are changed out. They no longer take coins. You must use a credit card. It is 2.50 for 35 minute wash and 2.50 for a 1 hour dry.

There is a website that you can use to see what machines are available and the progress of your machine. It is extremely convenient to be able to check your laundry while in your room or anywhere else in the resort.

View attachment 99438

Is this showing you not just when your machine is done but when other people's laundry will be finished?

All machines are showing on the site. You can see the progress of your machine by the number on the machines that you use.
That's great, then you can see if a washer is available before you walk down there. I love his, we have a family of 6 and are there 9 days so we will do laundry at least once or twice. Did 5 loads in September.

That's great, then you can see if a washer is available before you walk down there. I love his, we have a family of 6 and are there 9 days so we will do laundry at least once or twice. Did 5 loads in September.

We are here for two weeks so I am sure that I will do at least one more load. I really like how you can see what is available before hauling all your laundry down to the laundry room.

I took some pics with my camera but will try to remember to take my phone and take a few to post

View attachment 99438
Wow, that is so much more convenient than the old system! Thanks for the info!

View attachment 99438

Okay, this is seriously the coolest thing ever!!! Thank you for posting!! Have fun!!

I have finally read through all 144 pages of this thread in anticipation of a hoped for trip in Feb. 2016. Praying that everything works out for us and we get this dream trip. We have only been to WDW once in 2006 and the kids were so young they remember almost nothing. Thanks everyone for all the great info about CBR!

That laundry app makes me totally want to do a load while we are there......and we're only there for 6 nights. Did you bring some laundry soap pods with you, Lisa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter