• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Sorry, I also need to know an abbreviation - what does CL stand for? (it was not in two of the sites for Disney abbreviations I checked). So many abbreviations lol!
I always read that as "Club Level". If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct this!

Rooms done yes
Lobby done yes
Everything in the footprint? Not likely
Between Villa and restaurants on the Boardwalk I suspect it's got more construction than can be done by fall.
Thanks. If the room I get is a refurb (similar to the one posted a page or two back), the lobby is done, the pool and slide are open, and I have a nice view of the Boardwalk, the water, the Yacht/Beach Club, etc, I'll be very happy with that! I think I may go ahead and make the change from YC to BWI. Appreciate it!

Thanks. If the room I get is a refurb (similar to the one posted a page or two back), the lobby is done,
At this point you can only get a refreshed regular room unless you are staying CL. There is a slight delay on timing of the finish of the Inn Keepers Club that has pushed the CL end date into May.

I think the main bathrooms by the elevators on the Inn side of the 2nd floor are still being refurbished

Dave

Rooms done yes
Lobby done yes
Everything in the footprint? Not likely
Between Villa and restaurants on the Boardwalk I suspect it's got more construction than can be done by fall.

By rooms done - are we guessing both the Inn side and the DVC side rooms will be done by fall?

By rooms done - are we guessing both the Inn side and the DVC side rooms will be done by fall?
I have a 12/27-1/1 reservation for a DVC Standard View Studio. On 12/29 and again on the 30th I tried to add 1/1-1/4 to my reservation and there was no availability at all in January, so I assume part of the Standard View wing probably won't be starting until the first of the year.

I don't think so, personally. The Beach Club Villas soft refurb was supposed to be done by April, but now the resort website (for booking cash stays there) says it won't be done until "late fall." Disney hasn't said why, and we don't know whether they'll have to finish BCV before they begin BWV. So it's possible that would push the BWV refurb back a number of months.

The block on all the Standard view villas at BWV mentioned by @Pooh12863 above is presumed to be due to exterior work planned for January into February. All the BW view villas were/are blocked from booking from a certain date in September through a certain date in November, and it's assumed they'll be working on the BW exterior during that time. Whether interior work will go on at the same time is unknown.

I don't think so, personally. The Beach Club Villas soft refurb was supposed to be done by April, but now the resort website (for booking cash stays there) says it won't be done until "late fall." Disney hasn't said why, and we don't know whether they'll have to finish BCV before they begin BWV. So it's possible that would push the BWV refurb back a number of months.

The block on all the Standard view villas at BWV mentioned by @Pooh12863 above is presumed to be due to exterior work planned for January into February. All the BW view villas were/are blocked from booking from a certain date in September through a certain date in November, and it's assumed they'll be working on the BW exterior during that time. Whether interior work will go on at the same time is unknown.

Is there a way to tell the difference between rooms being "blocked" for something, and rooms just "already reserved" by someone? That would be helpful to know ... ? Thanks!

Is there a way to tell the difference between rooms being "blocked" for something, and rooms just "already reserved" by someone? That would be helpful to know ... ? Thanks!
Only in cases like these with BWV, where ALL villas of EVERY size, including 1BR, of a given view show as unavailable at 8 AM the day the 11 month window opens for them and remain unavailable as time goes on (not even a night popping up here or there). The 1BR villas are the best indicator because at BWV they're the last to book up, and if none are available for a long stretch of time (like from September to November in the case of the BW views) before the 7 month booking window opens, something unusual is going on. Right now the Standard views are completely unavailable from the night of Jan. 1 through Feb. 20 (the farthest out anyone could possibly book), even for 1BR, and that is simply not normal.

I’m not sure if it has been posted anywhere yet, but posting here for all the Coney Island Chris fans out there. He is performing on the Disney Fantasy one week on and one week off through the end of September!! I would be booking a cruise if I didn’t have a BLT stay a NY trip and a Tennessee trip already planned for this year.

I’m not sure if it has been posted anywhere yet, but posting here for all the Coney Island Chris fans out there. He is performing on the Disney Fantasy one week on and one week off through the end of September!! I would be booking a cruise if I didn’t have a BLT stay a NY trip and a Tennessee trip already planned for this year.
Just saw that myself. Happy for him. Wish he was still performing on the boardwalk

In my case no one could have booked my room because I had it locked out until the 31st, on the 29th there should have been availability.

At this point you can only get a refreshed regular room unless you are staying CL. There is a slight delay on timing of the finish of the Inn Keepers Club that has pushed the CL end date into May.

I think the main bathrooms by the elevators on the Inn side of the 2nd floor are still being refurbished

Dave
I have standard CL May 1-5 and called into Disney to inquire. Their timeframe still states “end of April.”

Arrived yesterday and given an un refurbished inn side room. I ran to check in but none were available. He did move us to a water view with a large balcony. These rooms used to be part of cl before they stopped using rooms outside of the cl door. 4261/3/5.

Both 3rd and 4 th floor rooms on cl side of resort are still old style. I checked and cl door is not locked and I could see some lights on in a few rooms. We were so disappointed but loved the balcony and waltched MK’s fireworks and all the action below last night.

They left dd a cute lil treat bag too! (birthday)

I was up at 1;30am to get to the airport yesterday . Had a long day but when I arrived DD had to work so I planned to go to HS to hang with my friends. Once I found dole whip on the boardwalk I decided to walk and enjoy the sunny day!69BF8193-079A-4C4D-9EC2-F7BEEC972A61.jpeg169D91B4-D92D-48B8-9A96-83C3FF02DBBA.jpeg6765C10C-8F67-480E-8412-CCD857D38F77.jpeg3721C236-5342-45D1-9A6F-46F207F27947.jpeg234D6427-AC45-4D4D-AA99-52A2E1115A67.jpeg6413860F-6362-4AAB-8E7F-291E106FDD01.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter