• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

This thread has been really helpful. My wife and I are (fingers crossed) going to the Boardwalk for our next trip in March (24..lol), and I cannot wait. The distance to Epcot and food options on the resort property were big selling points, but the rooms look really great too. I cannot wait!!!
The location really cannot be beat!! Walking to Epcot and HS...or taking the boat when your feet are tired after a long park day. Plus strolls around Cresent Lake are beautiful. Hope you enjoy it!

Sorry to repost...hoping someone can help clarify:

I've been trying to follow along with the refurbishment timelines. Seems like all Inn-side rooms will be done by sometime in May 2023. If we're looking at Nov/Dec 2023, will there be any other refurbishment work remaining at BWI? Lobby, pool, restaurants, etc? Or do you think the resort will be done by then with no construction areas?

Sorry to repost...hoping someone can help clarify:

I've been trying to follow along with the refurbishment timelines. Seems like all Inn-side rooms will be done by sometime in May 2023. If we're looking at Nov/Dec 2023, will there be any other refurbishment work remaining at BWI? Lobby, pool, restaurants, etc? Or do you think the resort will be done by then with no construction areas?
Rooms done yes
Lobby done yes
Everything in the footprint? Not likely
Between Villa and restaurants on the Boardwalk I suspect it's got more construction than can be done by fall.

Rooms done yes
Lobby done yes
Everything in the footprint? Not likely
Between Villa and restaurants on the Boardwalk I suspect it's got more construction than can be done by fall.
Good to hear. We have a BWI CL stay starting the 2nd week in May. I am looking forward to seeing the updated rooms and lounge.

Good to hear. We have a BWI CL stay starting the 2nd week in May. I am looking forward to seeing the updated rooms and lounge.
Anyone staying on the Inn side from 3/11 on is 100% guaranteed a refurbed room. And if you are staying CL then that means 100% of the Inn side rooms are completed.
The one * is Cottages. I can only assume they are included but I've not been given that exact status by anyone.
We are back in mid-May for our first post remodel CL stay and can't wait!

While looking for the BW Recreation calendar this morning, I came across someone’s pictures of the updated hallway look on the DVC side showing the new rugs, paint and light fixture. They said this was right off the lobby. Thought I’d share.

4FB96C44-0DFA-454E-849C-08BADBBFCF07.jpeg84111DA2-6A23-4E73-B4C9-09F7268353D3.jpeg

Last edited:
B3296901-2660-4074-B632-DB12FDC046E7.jpegC02DB4FF-B156-4EA9-AEE2-CEAE71F4B469.jpeg

7F848C6B-CD74-4064-B25D-F08B71924DD0.jpeg

0E6911AF-4771-4BA9-A39A-E87C011490A7.jpeg

237197C9-132C-4F28-9872-7C10F70FF97C.jpeg

We checked in last night… booked Garden View and requested a king room with a refurbished room. We were assigned room 4308 and were thrilled! This side of the hallway is completed but the other side of the hallway from the elevators still has the old carpet so I’m assuming it’s not been done yet.

I would love for them to re-work the cottages. One King bed is rather limiting.
One of those pull down Murphy's in the living area would be nice. The cottages
seem like they have a lot of underutilized space.
They have a sofa bed now. So technically can for more. Did at one point. They changed them max of 2 on purpose. They want them to be couple getaways. So I don’t expect any change to occupancy whatever they do

They have a sofa bed now. So technically can for more. Did at one point. They changed them max of 2 on purpose. They want them to be couple getaways. So I don’t expect any change to occupancy whatever they do
When they changed to max of 2 it made me wonder. One scenario is 2 parents with young children. The kids are downstairs and parents in the king bed loft. All seems well until a young child wakes up confused and goes up the slippery wood stairs seeking comfort. Maybe better to avoid that potential.

View attachment 743805View attachment 743806

View attachment 743807

View attachment 743808

View attachment 743809

We checked in last night… booked Garden View and requested a king room with a refurbished room. We were assigned room 4308 and were thrilled! This side of the hallway is completed but the other side of the hallway from the elevators still has the old carpet so I’m assuming it’s not been done yet.
You even have the rare extra side window! Nice!

When they changed to max of 2 it made me wonder. One scenario is 2 parents with young children. The kids are downstairs and parents in the king bed loft. All seems well until a young child wakes up confused and goes up the slippery wood stairs seeking comfort. Maybe better to avoid that potential.
Never thought about kids and those stairs but that does make for a bad mix. I am not a big fan of those steep stairs myself

View attachment 743805View attachment 743806

View attachment 743807

View attachment 743808

View attachment 743809

Looks like they did a really solid job. Clean and fresh but still fits the theme. A little yellow for my taste but actually looks better zoomed in so I think will be even more pleasing in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter