• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

First look!

Light and airy indeed…resort specific art…I’m a fan

I've been scrutinizing the photos, trying to glean as much as I can. If you look in the reflection of the bathroom mirror behind Nicolas (the CM holding the towels), it looks like there's a lighted soffit, shelf and mural on the wall directly across from the bathroom door. It would appear that they've relocated the closet by pushing it over toward the door to the room, and placed the fridge/coffee area here in its place, with a mural behind (virtually identical to the closet/coffee area reconfiguration that was done in the recent Moana makeover at Poly). This is a welcome addition, which should make the room feel larger and even more airy, while increasing space for storage of foodstuffs, adding a lovely piece of art, and incorporating more light sources.

(Comparison photos below)
Newly-Refurbished-Rooms-Inside-D-3.jpg
A view of the coffee/fridge setup in the newly-refurbed Polynesian rooms.
IMG_2470-525x700.jpg

Attachments

• Newly-Refurbished-Rooms-Inside-D-3.jpg
    Newly-Refurbished-Rooms-Inside-D-3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I've been scrutinizing the photos, trying to glean as much as I can. If you look in the reflection of the bathroom mirror behind Nicolas (the CM holding the towels), it looks like there's a lighted soffit, shelf and mural on the wall directly across from the bathroom door. It would appear that they've relocated the closet by pushing it over toward the door to the room, and placed the fridge/coffee area here in its place, with a mural behind (virtually identical to the closet/coffee area reconfiguration that was done in the recent Moana makeover at Poly). This is a welcome addition, which should make the room feel larger and even more airy, while increasing space for storage of foodstuffs, adding a lovely piece of art, and incorporating more light sources.

View attachment 740164
View attachment 740163
Good eye! Staying here in at the end of April and would love to be in a newly refurbished room.

View attachment 740164
View attachment 740163

That’s some good investigating.

View attachment 740164
View attachment 740163
Oddly I do not see any end tables or surfaces to eat on. Poly at least had 2 tables in front of the windows you could move where you needed it.

Also WL,AKL,CR,Poly all have that closet configuration. I really like it. Seems like there is more useable space. If you open the door closest to the coffee station that door has a mirror and that one has shelves. I plug in my hair devices at coffee spot and use that area if dd gets bath too steamy.

They have cut out the desks and rolling tables. The desk isn’t needed for most families. However an eating surface is.

I only see the lamp/table in the corner which isn‘t practical.

In the old days at values I used the ironing board lol. I set it up with a towel on it to keep clean. Maybe they took pix before a table was put in…….

Last edited:
I've been trying to follow along with the refurbishment timelines. Seems like all Inn-side rooms will be done by sometime in May 2023. If we're looking at Nov/Dec 2023, will there be any other refurbishment work remaining at BWI? Lobby, pool, restaurants, etc? Or do you think the resort will be done by then with no construction areas?

Thinking of going DVC (via David's Vacation club) in September for a Studio villa, but there is a $650 difference between "No view" and "Preferred View." Is there really that much difference between the 2? I don't mind looking at a patch of grass or a parking lot, and I don't necessarily need to take my morning coffee on the balcony.

Last edited:
Thinking of going DVC (via David's Vacation club) in September for a Studio villa, but there is a $650 difference between "No view" and "Preferred View." Is there really that much difference between the 2? I don't mind looking at a patch of grass or a parking lot, and I don't necessarily need to take my morning coffee on the balcony.
I own at BWV and unless it's sold out, I always book standard view. Even the driveway views are nice, and I like to watch the cars come and go. Our standard view in September actually looked over a little pond ares with a fountain.

This was our standard view from end of Jan/beginning of Feb this year:
IMG_0313.JPG

Thinking of going DVC (via David's Vacation club) in September for a Studio villa, but there is a $650 difference between "No view" and "Preferred View." Is there really that much difference between the 2? I don't mind looking at a patch of grass or a parking lot, and I don't necessarily need to take my morning coffee on the balcony.i
The much-less expensive Standard View rooms at BWV are mostly snatched up at 11 months by DVC members. It's well worth the difference going with the cheaper room, if you can get it. But unless someone is trying to book it for you at 7 AM 11 months out, you're probably not going to get it.

Chances are, the best you'll be able to get is a preferred view.

This Touring Plans Room Finder can be used to give you an idea of what the views from the rooms are like:

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-boardwalk-villas

I was able to apply a general public discount to a CL room reservation at the Boardwalk for mid May 2023. I've been looking for awhile and tonight it popped up.
Hope this helps someone else who's looking.

The much-less expensive Standard View rooms at BWV are mostly snatched up at 11 months by DVC members. It's well worth the difference going with the cheaper room, if you can get it. But unless someone is trying to book it for you at 7 AM 11 months out, you're probably not going to get it.

Chances are, the best you'll be able to get is a preferred view.
Oops. Didn't realize they were so coveted. I just submitted to David's for standard view, but posted the Poly as the 2nd choice. Funnily enough Poly was my original choice (2 bathrooms is a huge deal!). But if I CAN get BWV I'll be stoked!!

Oops. Didn't realize they were so coveted. I just submitted to David's for standard view, but posted the Poly as the 2nd choice. Funnily enough Poly was my original choice (2 bathrooms is a huge deal!). But if I CAN get BWV I'll be stoked!!
Usually, the cheapest rooms are the most sought after for DVC, excluding theme park views at Bay Lake Tower or concierge at AKL. We are a thrifty bunch🤣

Poly is one of the easier to book. It’s mostly studios with one of the highest points-per-night chart. You should have little problem getting that, except for the most in-demand time of year, which usually is early December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter