Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thanks but we just booked Yacht Club and are excited to stay there. How did you like it, if you don't mine me asking?
I know you didn’t ask me (sorry lol), but I have stayed at YC several times since the reno, most of them since reopening (3-4 times? Either way, more times than necessary). The rooms are very nice, I love the look and feel, they did a great job on the renovation. That being said, the walls are paper thin, and the management can be pretty useless if/when there is a problem (and I’ve had many while staying there). It’s a fabulous location though, pool is outstanding, and of course the rooms are nice, but that’s about all I can say about it. I will stay in a worn out room at BWI over the nicer YC rooms any day, just an overall more pleasant experience.

A question if anyone knows. Does anyone know if there is a ramp or handicap accessible way to get down to the boardwalk from the resort? I know there are stairs, but with mobility issues - steps are not friends. Thanks all!

There is an elevator located near the Belle Vue lounge near the lobby on the Inn side that will take you down to the Boardwalk level.
The Villa side elevators also go to ground level. It exits near the themed pool and there is a breezeway to the Boardwalk from there.

Hi all. Does anyone know if the resort has the new smart tvs that are being installed in various resorts across WDW? Thanks.

I am trying to decide between garden view rooms - either 4 days at Grand Floridian, or 5 days at Boardwalk. The price for both is within $150. Has anyone stayed at both? I have only been to Grand Floridian. I would love to hear opinions.

I am trying to decide between garden view rooms - either 4 days at Grand Floridian, or 5 days at Boardwalk. The price for both is within $150. Has anyone stayed at both? I have only been to Grand Floridian. I would love to hear opinions.
I've stayed at both several times, GF in several different room categories, as well as BWI and BWV in several different types of rooms. While there is something to be said for GF, it is a gorgeous resort, it's way over priced for what it is. I know that BWI needs to have a rush on those room updates that they said they are doing, but I personally don't think they're that bad. I love being able to easily walk to two parks, takes no time at all, and to several other resorts for dining (which is similar to GF, but it's actually so much easier because it's so easy to walk or take the boat). Also, if I have a chance to stay an extra night I'll stay an extra night, no question with that one. I'm staying at BWI beginning of June and there was no question where I was staying, especially when it's hot the ease of getting to parks and the fact that the rooms are all indoors is amazing. I know, I know, I know it stinks that the food it outside, but if you stay at GF unless you're main building CL you're food is in another building anyway and you have to walk outside too. I just really can't justify the price, especially if it means cutting a day off the trip among all the other perks of staying at BWI.

I've stayed at both several times, GF in several different room categories, as well as BWI and BWV in several different types of rooms. While there is something to be said for GF, it is a gorgeous resort, it's way over priced for what it is. I know that BWI needs to have a rush on those room updates that they said they are doing, but I personally don't think they're that bad. I love being able to easily walk to two parks, takes no time at all, and to several other resorts for dining (which is similar to GF, but it's actually so much easier because it's so easy to walk or take the boat). Also, if I have a chance to stay an extra night I'll stay an extra night, no question with that one. I'm staying at BWI beginning of June and there was no question where I was staying, especially when it's hot the ease of getting to parks and the fact that the rooms are all indoors is amazing. I know, I know, I know it stinks that the food it outside, but if you stay at GF unless you're main building CL you're food is in another building anyway and you have to walk outside too. I just really can't justify the price, especially if it means cutting a day off the trip among all the other perks of staying at BWI.

We would not be cutting a day off, just staying at a Saratoga Springs. We are doing a split stay, so it would just mean one more night at SSR. I really appreciate your thoughtful response! I think we are going to go with the extra night at BWI. We haven't stayed in that area and it's very enticing.

We would not be cutting a day off, just staying at a Saratoga Springs. We are doing a split stay, so it would just mean one more night at SSR. I really appreciate your thoughtful response! I think we are going to go with the extra night at BWI. We haven't stayed in that area and it's very enticing.
My spouse and I are really big on trying something new. Since you've never stayed in the Crescent Lake area (Y&BC, BWI, S&D), it makes a great deal of sense to spend an extra day at the Boardwalk. This puts you within walking distance of two theme parks, something you'll really appreciate at park opening and park closing. And it's great to be able to walk back for a mid-afternoon swim.

Oh ok, it sounded to me like it was either a trip to GF for 4 nights or a trip to BWI for 5 and that’s it (I am less than a week off a cruise though, so forgive my brain it’s still swaying with the waves a bit). I still always choose more days at the first resort, I really hate re-packing all my stuff lol. I always say the Epcot resorts are the best for park hopping, even if you go to MK in the morning you can then monorail over to Epcot and spent afternoon time there on the way back to the resort. I’m January I did that one day and then even went to HS for dinner, without feeling like I was running everywhere, it was awesome.

I've stayed at both and like them both. 4 vs 5 nights, both deluxe, definitely stay where you get 5 nights. GF has unbeatable MK access & great MK/lagoon views- that's its main advantage over Boardwalk. I like the old-fashioned Boardwalk Inn resort rooms with intricate theming (characters carved into the wooden chair backs, etc.), and am staying there once more this August. Probably my last chance to enjoy them before the theming is gutted with a renovation.

Last edited:
I’m at a bit of a loss for what to do for a room request. I’m booked in a standard room and I like not walking a mile back to my room after hitting the hotel. I’ll be using the boat for transport 3/4 days. I’m wondering if “close to boat transportation” would be a good room request?

I’m at a bit of a loss for what to do for a room request. I’m booked in a standard room and I like not walking a mile back to my room after hitting the hotel. I’ll be using the boat for transport 3/4 days. I’m wondering if “close to boat transportation” would be a good room request?
We often do standard at BWI, and I always request "close to elevator". I can't stand the long walk to my room either and I've always been ok with my view.

Are there many standard rooms that don't have the daybed? Anyone know? I'm currently holding reservations for CBR and BWI for August - if I have a pretty good chance of getting the daybed, we'll probably do BWI.

We have a 2 br BWV - will there be dish soap provided for washing our dishes or do I need to bring some?

Agree on the extra night at BWI. Access to 2 parks, lots of spots to grab a drink or food or just walk over to yacht/beach. Plus you dont have to pack up your stuff and bring it over to a second spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter