• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Is the menu limited because of covid and limited attendance, or is this just what the Bakery menu is now? You used to be able to get a lobster roll, a blackened salmon salad, a brownie/cheesecake thing, etc. This makes me sad.
Probably because of covid and social distancing. They don't want the staff in the kitchen too close so they limit the work in the kitchens.

Are you booked on points or direct through Disney? A standard view on points booking is just that. A standard view booked through Disney will be a garden/pool view.
Is this the same with a Deluxe Studio? I am booked in one for our early March trip and curious where we could end up. I will send a room request, but wondering what is realistic. The only option on website for cash stay is Standard. TIA

Is this the same with a Deluxe Studio? I am booked in one for our early March trip and curious where we could end up. I will send a room request, but wondering what is realistic. The only option on website for cash stay is Standard. TIA

As others have said: "BoardWalk View" refers to a booking category which DVC members grab. "Standard view" also is a booking category which DVC members grab because it requires fewer points. If you are making a cash reservation through Disney, it always seems to tell you that you will get standard view, but since DVC members have grabbed the true standard view rooms, you normally get a garden/pool view room. (Studio as well as one-bedroom.) It probably makes sense for Disney to do that, so that if you get a true standard view room, that's what they told you you'd get, and if you get a garden/pool view room, it feels like an upgrade.

People who make a room request through www.touringplans.com get very confused because it indicates that BWV has more than one building, which is not the case.

As others have said: "BoardWalk View" refers to a booking category which DVC members grab. "Standard view" also is a booking category which DVC members grab because it requires fewer points. If you are making a cash reservation through Disney, it always seems to tell you that you will get standard view, but since DVC members have grabbed the true standard view rooms, you normally get a garden/pool view room. (Studio as well as one-bedroom.) It probably makes sense for Disney to do that, so that if you get a true standard view room, that's what they told you you'd get, and if you get a garden/pool view room, it feels like an upgrade.

People who make a room request through www.touringplans.com get very confused because it indicates that BWV has more than one building, which is not the case.
Gotcha! Thank you! I feel good with my request for pool view then. Maybe I will get lucky. If not, then I am still excited to be staying there for the first time in 48 days!

Just curious for those of you who are DVC owners, do you find booking popular rooms / categories at popular times as difficult as usual or is it easier/harder right now? We are renters, and couldn’t get a standard view studio for our marathon (without the marathon) weekend trip this year. We’re already planning to book a preferred view again for the same time next year, but I’m curious if it’s easier to book at 11 months out with so many uncertainties right now.

Just curious for those of you who are DVC owners, do you find booking popular rooms / categories at popular times as difficult as usual or is it easier/harder right now? We are renters, and couldn’t get a standard view studio for our marathon (without the marathon) weekend trip this year. We’re already planning to book a preferred view again for the same time next year, but I’m curious if it’s easier to book at 11 months out with so many uncertainties right now.
BWV standard view studios are just as difficult to book now as they ever were. In fact, I would go so far as to say that getting anything at BWV has actually been harder because there are a lot of unused DVC points from 2020 that must get used in 2021. So members are staying longer and splurging on 1BRs in order to use up their points before they expire.

One bedrooms might be easier than studios. But as things improve, it will be harder to book many of the DVC resorts with so many points out there needing to be used.

A Standard room is the lowest booking category so that simply means you get a room in the DVC. The actual room you are assigned can be any of the available views when you actually check-in that meet the operational needs of the resort. Things like length of stay, day of the week or even issues with the room you might have been scheduled for may impact the actual room you end up with on arrival.

For the BWV there are 2 physical building. This is to meet the local fire code. Logicall they appear to be a single continuous building with endless hallways. The building(s) meet in the main elevator lobby area of the BWV. You will note the double sets of Fire Doors on both ends of the main elevator lobby on each floor to distinguish the boundaries of the 2 buildings.

Building 1 - from the elevator lobby area to the north west end of the building near the Dueling Pianos section over the BoardWalk area.

Building 2 - from the elevator lobby to the south end of the building overlooking the south parking area and the tennis courts on the way to DHS.

Dave

I just snag a Studio Boardwalk View. Should I ask for any room requests? 1st time staying at BWV:cool1:

I just snag a Studio Boardwalk View. Should I ask for any room requests? 1st time staying at BWV:cool1:
We always request a 3rd to 5th floor above the area of Big River Grille. Great fo sitting out at night people watching while having a cold beer. Here’s a layout of the BWV rooms/locations.

https://*******.com/forum/threads/boardwalk-villas-rooms-views.2319/

We are also looking forward to a "decent view" and not a parking lot view. DH loves to sit on balconies and our goal is to have a "casual" vacay this time with NOT going to rope drop each day and no ADR's. So I think he would love to start the day with coffee on the balcony and a cold one in his hand out there in the evening!

5029, 5031, 4029, 4031,3029,3031. Those are the closest studios to the lobby not on the 2nd floor. Between Store and Big River. I requested those numbers and got 3 of 4 years. In 2019 got 4029, in 2020 4031.

5029, 5031, 4029, 4031,3029,3031. Those are the closest studios to the lobby not on the 2nd floor. Between Store and Big River. I requested those numbers and got 3 of 4 years. In 2019 got 4029, in 2020 4031.

We have the same preference for room locations. Those are our favorite rooms!!

While we are on the topic of rooms...I was reading that 1 BD #'s 2123, 3123 & 4123 are "corner" 1 BR's that have a huge balcony. I found a video online of a walk through and it was an interesting set up (with the kitchen mainly on one wall but it's missing the extra breakfast bar seating). Do these corner rooms really seem so much bigger in that layout vs. the traditional 1 BD? Our son will be on the pull out sofa so I was thinking of that also (will it make him seem like having a bigger bedroom per say). If so I might make this as our request. Oh and what about the location? Good or bad? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter