Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Only there 3 nights and discovered the bites on the flight home (on feet). We took another couple and it was there room (we had the adjoining room), her dad is a dermatologist. We both called Disney to let them know, we tried to speak directly to the BWI manager but continually got redirected. Left a message but they have yet to call back.

Very disappointing being at a Disney deluxe hotel and having this issue.
We (by "we", I mean, my oldest kid only) had a similar experience, however, we concluded that it wasn't bed bugs because I did a thorough check of the mattresses and room and found nothing. So it was something else, in our case.

Are wheelchairs available in the Boardwalk area? We want to visit but aren't staying at one of the epcot resorts.

We just returned from Disney's Boardwalk. We had a wonderful trip overall. The Boardwalk has an excellent location but we will most likely not stay there in the future just due to a couple of minor inconveniences that we do not find when we stay over at the beach club.

the biggest factor is the NOISE! OMG we were in room 3279 our room was right above the bar and the quad where they play movies outside. we had to wear earplugs many nights just to fall asleep.

it was a pain to have to switch elevators from the rooms to another elevator to get downstairs to the boardwalk.

the pool was just okay. i did like how the kiddie area was fenced off which was helpful with a wandering 18 month old.

the staff was very pleasant, the location is great but for a better pool and the quiet will we be staying at the yacht and the beach club from now on.

Just stayed at BWI. Bed bugs in room 3274!!!!

Don't put your luggage on the bed, make sure to use the luggage rack.

omg this is so scary i was in room 3279 but we did not have bed bugs at least I do not think we did..doing my laundry now as we speak

Only there 3 nights and discovered the bites on the flight home (on feet). We took another couple and it was there room (we had the adjoining room), her dad is a dermatologist. We both called Disney to let them know, we tried to speak directly to the BWI manager but continually got redirected. Left a message but they have yet to call back.

So you have no confirmation from Disney that it was bedbugs at this time. It could have been any number of Florida pests that bit her. Was her partner also bitten?

So you have no confirmation from Disney that it was bedbugs at this time. It could have been any number of Florida pests that bit her. Was her partner also bitten?

I agree that it probably was some variety of "Florida pest." We also just returned from BWI, and we noticed that some sort of insect outdoors was leaving bite marks, especially on people's feet (if they were wearing sandals), ankles and legs. While bedbugs certainly are possible, it's more likely that it was an outdoor insect that caused the bite marks.

Bedbugs are ubiquitous and can be found in even the very best hotels. It's been a major problem for them for a number of years now.

If you're not sure whether BWV was finally notified (all calls to WDW hotels go to a call center that isn't necessarily in Orlando), send an email to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com to make sure they're notified!

We're staying at Boardwalk Inn this summer. The layout of this resort seems a little unusual and although I've read a lot, I can't really get a good sense of what's on the different floors. Can anyone answer these questions for me?

What floor is:
Magical Express?
Regular Disney buses?
Door to the pools?Boardwalk? (Ground floor, is what I think)
Lobby? (Is it second floor?)

Also, if we have a 5pm ADR in the MK (CRT), what time would we want to leave BWI to make it in time?

We're staying at Boardwalk Inn this summer. The layout of this resort seems a little unusual and although I've read a lot, I can't really get a good sense of what's on the different floors. Can anyone answer these questions for me?

What floor is:
Magical Express?
Regular Disney buses?
Door to the pools?Boardwalk? (Ground floor, is what I think)
Lobby? (Is it second floor?)

Also, if we have a 5pm ADR in the MK (CRT), what time would we want to leave BWI to make it in time?
Magical Express and Disney buses - second floor.
Pool and Boardwalk, first floor (ground floor).
Lobby, second floor (floor level entrance from the parking lot).

Give yourself at least an hour to get to CRT from the BWI.

I'm thinking of renting a one bedroom villa standard view. Are there any standard view one bedroom villas that don't have a parking lot/entrance view? If so what do I request for the best chance of getting one? Also I noticed on a map that the Villas have their own entrance. Do you check in there or the main lobby? Thanks!
Standard views have an entrance, bus depot, parking lot, tennis court view. That's standard at BWV. They don't have their own entrance. You go thru the lobby to elevators on the right side.

We are staying at the BWI for the first time this September. We read the notice on the Disney website regarding limited parking availability. We will be driving down from Virginia. Has anyone recently had problems parking at BWI? We're hoping it will be resolved by September.
Parking has been a problem at BW since we purchased DVC many years ago. Now they are very strict at the guard shack. You will have a spot for your car since you have a reservation. No worries.

We (by "we", I mean, my oldest kid only) had a similar experience, however, we concluded that it wasn't bed bugs because I did a thorough check of the mattresses and room and found nothing. So it was something else, in our case.
Just an FYI...our kids are allergic to the grass outside of BW. They played in the grass on several visits, we had 1st floor rooms, and broke out in hives. They do apply chemicals to greenery. We avoid all grass areas now.

Thanks! It's our first time staying at BWI and this was exactly what we needed to know!

Yes but keep in mind if you are going to the boardwalk you have to get off the elevator at floor 2 and take stairs down to the boardwalk or walk to an elevator and take to floor 1..there is no direct elevator from the rooms to the boardwalk

omg this is so scary i was in room 3279 but we did not have bed bugs at least I do not think we did..doing my laundry now as we speak
FWIW you might just be lucky and not be tasty to bed bugs? (Or the bugs arrived with a guest who stayed after you.) One DS had dozens of bed bug bites from POFQ; other DS and I had only 1 bite each.

Yes but keep in mind if you are going to the boardwalk you have to get off the elevator at floor 2 and take stairs down to the boardwalk or walk to an elevator and take to floor 1..there is no direct elevator from the rooms to the boardwalk

... if you are staying on the Boardwalk Inn side. The elevators on the Boardwalk Villas side go to the lower level which takes you to the Boardwalk.

Thanks for the heads up. Are the elevators somewhat close to one another? We'll be on the Inn side and one person in our group uses mobility equipment, so we do need the elevator. Aside from that (which in fact is not a problem), my concern is getting from the pool back to our room. I don't much care for parading around the lobby in my (likely wet) swimsuit. Lol. The fewer people who see me in it the better!

Thanks for the heads up. Are the elevators somewhat close to one another? We'll be on the Inn side and one person in our group uses mobility equipment, so we do need the elevator. Aside from that (which in fact is not a problem), my concern is getting from the pool back to our room. I don't much care for parading around the lobby in my (likely wet) swimsuit. Lol. The fewer people who see me in it the better!

We were just on the inn side, the elevator banks are somewhat close to each other they are near the belle vue lounge. You do not have to go thru the lobby with your bathing suit unless you choice to walk that way.

If you wanted to be closer to the pool You can take the elevator down to floor 2 walk thru the lobby and then take the villa side elevators to floor 1 that will leave you off right by the pool..otherwise the other elevator to floor 1 is by the belle vue lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter