Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

When I did on-line checking a few weeks ago, the only options for the Boardwalk Villas were: Ground floor, near elevator, near transportation, near lobby, upper floor and lower floor :thumbsup2 I just doubled checked and today there is the "near paddock" option which definitely applies to Saratoga Springs Resort only :confused3

Thank you for double checking mlittig!

We are booked standard view - only one night - we've never stayed at BWI before - how large is the resort walking distance? I assume we will be tucked away in some remote section with our booking - just curious how far it will end up being to the buses and to get out to the actual boardwalk. I know that at BC/YC we've been tucked away pretty far down some hallways! TIA!

We are booked standard view - only one night - we've never stayed at BWI before - how large is the resort walking distance? I assume we will be tucked away in some remote section with our booking - just curious how far it will end up being to the buses and to get out to the actual boardwalk. I know that at BC/YC we've been tucked away pretty far down some hallways! TIA!

Getting to the rooms far from the elevators is a hike, but if you're ambulatory, it's not really that bad. We were almost to the end on the 4th floor one time and it was quite a walk. It just added to our Fitbit steps for the day. It was only a few minute walk though. It just seemed longer.

Take a look at the resort map to get a sense of the distance from the lobby to the end of the wings. It's a great resort no matter.

Page 3 rescue!!!

My recommendation would b to ask for a room close to the elevators...there actually are some very lovely standard views...some overooking an inside courtyard...and some even over looking that main courtyard! Both of which are close to the elevator! Which is also close to the lobby...and BW exit...HTH..enjoy your stay! :thumbsup2

I just received an e-mail that there will be construction going on during my trip the beginning of May at the Boardwalk Villas:

"Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we embarked on several refurbishment projects across the Resort that will be taking place during your visit. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware of the following impacts:

bullet.gif
Upon your arrival, you will see and hear work in progress as we renovate Disney's BoardWalk Villas for your future enjoyment.

bullet.gif
You will also notice Cast Members conducting routine exterior painting and balcony maintenance throughout the Resort."

Does anyone have any more information about this :confused3

I just received an e-mail that there will be construction going on during my trip the beginning of May at the Boardwalk Villas:

"Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we embarked on several refurbishment projects across the Resort that will be taking place during your visit. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware of the following impacts:

bullet.gif
Upon your arrival, you will see and hear work in progress as we renovate Disney's BoardWalk Villas for your future enjoyment.

bullet.gif
You will also notice Cast Members conducting routine exterior painting and balcony maintenance throughout the Resort."

Well, yesterday morning (03/27/17) as I was waiting for an Uber to take me to the airport, they were working on the entrance area. They were painting. They also were using an electric sander, which was loud and annoying. That was at about 11:45 am.

bullet.gif

bullet.gif

I just got that exact same info. Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought the room renos were done.

Maybe it got extended, so they had to send out another round of e-mails. I just got one too, for the end of April.

Well, yesterday morning (03/27/17) as I was waiting for an Uber to take me to the airport, they were working on the entrance area. They were painting. They also were using an electric sander, which was loud and annoying. That was at about 11:45 am.

Hi @Best Aunt -- How did Uber to the airport work for you at that time of the day? Did you find it better than DME in that you didn't have to leave as early? How long did it take to get to the airport from BW? We're looking at options for May. Thanks!

I stayed at the BWI last week from March 18 - 23. There was no maintenance or painting going on at all on the BWI side. The day we were leaving, I saw them setting up to paint exteriors on the villa side at the entrance where buses, taxis, etc. come in. We enjoyed a perfect few days of sunshine and relaxation at this beautiful resort.

bullet.gif

bullet.gif

Same - hope it's not too annoying.

Does anyone know what, if any, whiskey they sell at the Epcot area Resorts? I'll be at the Boardwalk, but they're all close enough to walk to.

Hi @Best Aunt -- How did Uber to the airport work for you at that time of the day? Did you find it better than DME in that you didn't have to leave as early? How long did it take to get to the airport from BW? We're looking at options for May. Thanks!

I don't use DME because I get motion sick. I don't want to be on a bus which makes multiple stops.

Uber worked fine. I requested the ride when I got down to the Boardwalk entrance. It took between five and ten minutes to arrive. Clean car, nice driver. Picked up at 11:53 am, ride took 39 minutes. Total was $30.67 for Uber XL, including tolls. I always give a cash tip. I would definitely use them again.

bullet.gif

bullet.gif

I got the same email we check in at the end of April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter