Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

My folks leave for their trip in 11 days. Is it safe to say that the construction has finished at BWI? From what I read on this board - this resort does have an elevator but very very long corridors. Any room suggestions for some seniors who DON'T want to be super close to the elevators but also not at the end of the hall. Also do any buildings have better access to walking over to EPCOT?? TIA for your input!

It's all one building. If it were me, I would call the Disney reservation number today and ask them to put in my reservation that I'm a senior citizen who doesn't want to be super close to the elevators but I don't think I can walk all the way to the end of the hall. Then, I would call tomorrow and make sure it was noted on my reservation the way I wanted. Sometimes they make a mistake. At a non-Disney hotel which allows pets, I once asked them to note on my reservation that I am allergic to dogs and don't want to be near them (because some hotels put them on one floor). They entered on my reservation that I was bringing a dog.

Don't wait - I think they start assigning rooms around 5-7 days ahead (but don't quote me on that).

Anyway, those halls are extremely long. I don't know if there are "secret exits" or if everybody walks out the same door to get to Epcot.

I hate elevators. We are booked for a standard room boardwalk. are there any rooms on the ground floor or same floor as the lobby???

I hate elevators. We are booked for a standard room boardwalk. are there any rooms on the ground floor or same floor as the lobby???

Just so you know, at the Boardwalk, the lobby is the second floor. It's ground level in the front for access to parking and the resort busses, but not for access to the Boardwalk and the Luna Pool.

My folks leave for their trip in 11 days. Is it safe to say that the construction has finished at BWI? From what I read on this board - this resort does have an elevator but very very long corridors. Any room suggestions for some seniors who DON'T want to be super close to the elevators but also not at the end of the hall. Also do any buildings have better access to walking over to EPCOT?? TIA for your input!
I saw exterior painting on the inn side this morning, facing the bus stop.

When we were there, in the Deluxe Resorts was H2O Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion (Grapefruit/Bergamot scent) and soaps. Moderates only get Shampoo and Conditioner (Blushing Orange scent) and soaps. Don't know about the Values.
Values get the blushing orange. Shampoo/Conditioner in one bottle, and two separate soaps, one is a hand soap and one a body soap, all in the blushing orange. No lotion.

Tried out Ample hills. Hit the spot on a hot day. The flavors are not quite as pronounced as Ben and Jerry's, but still yummy. However, expensive!

Just so you know, at the Boardwalk, the lobby is the second floor. It's ground level in the front for access to parking and the resort busses, but not for access to the Boardwalk and the Luna Pool.
that is fine as long as I can take stairs somehow I'm cool with it...

can you take stairs up to the 4th or 5th floor..???

For the Inn side, the ground floor does not open onto the Boardwalk. You would need to go up to the 2nd floor (same as lobby), then go downstairs to the Boardwalk(different stairs). If you have someone on an ECV, the elevator to the 2nd floor from the rooms is not the elevator to get to Boardwalk. I learned this the hard way. (At least I have not heard of the remodeling adding a ground floor access to the Boardwalk.)

According to touring plans, there are standard rooms on the ground floor, but they are not boardwalk facing. I looked at them because we request ground floor at a lot of mods for race weekends, but considering the setup of this hotel we requested a different location. (Ok, a hope of seeing Illuminations from the room may have influenced that... ;) )

We were three doors down from the elevator and loved it. We didn't have any issues with noise for the whole nine nights we were there. I would tell them not to worry about being close to the elevator.

Edit: I just noticed that your parents are staying at BWI. We were on the villa side so I don't know what it's like over on the Inn side.

We have been in the first room closest to the elevator on the Inn side and I don't recall a problem with the noise. That said though, we are not particularly sensitive to noise. But if it was a big deal we would have know that too.

I suggest taking a look at the room map on the first few pages and requesting something a few doors down from the elevator. What is their view category? A standard courtyard view room by the elevator will most likely give them a view of Illuminations.

The Inn side doesn't really have shortcut exits that I can recall - the Villa side does.

Hope they have a great time!

For the Inn side, the ground floor does not open onto the Boardwalk. You would need to go up to the 2nd floor (same as lobby), then go downstairs to the Boardwalk(different stairs). If you have someone on an ECV, the elevator to the 2nd floor from the rooms is not the elevator to get to Boardwalk. I learned this the hard way. (At least I have not heard of the remodeling adding a ground floor access to the Boardwalk.)

I see so it 2 sets of elevators. I will have my son in a stroller with me so I appreciate the information

Hi all! My wife stayed at BWI last weekend for a 'girl's trip' to run the Princess Half. It was her first stay at BWI. She said she had a great time and that it was the perfect spot for a race weekend.

Her reservation was for a "Boardwalk View-Club Level" room but she was given a "Deluxe Room-Club Level" room, so a little pixie dust I guess with the larger room. Her room number was #3229.

Wanted to share a few photos from her trip, including lots of CL lounge pics too.

Enjoy!

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

Last edited:
^^^Love the photos! It looks like the room we had, with our balcony being right above the boardwalk Bakery. And those food offerings look divine! Congrats to your wife for running the race, and congrats to you for not crying hysterically because you didn't get to stay at BWI with her (you didn't cry, did you?!?!?!)

Wow! Great pictures! Did she have an oversized balcony? I've heard that the 3rd floor has big balconies, whereas the 4th floor has normal sized ones. The only "con", if there is one, is that the 4th floor is club level so those on the 3rd floor have to "travel". We have the Deluxe Room-Club Level category booked for December...your pix make me want to request your room! TY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter