Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Reservations are now open for the new character breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. Although the website has not been updated with information. The rumored price is $34 for adults and $20 for kids, and will be 1 TS credit.

I'm new to the boards... what is this "guest list" I see people referring to? I guess I would like to be on it too. But I won't be going until 11/26 so a bit early.

It's the "Boardwalk Bulletin" in post 1 of this thread - a place for people to share their trip dates. There are already some on the list with dates through December 2017, so you're not too early!

Reservations are now open for the new character breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. Although the website has not been updated with information. The rumored price is $34 for adults and $20 for kids, and will be 1 TS credit.

Tried to book a breakfast the first week of May. Saw the time slots available but could not complete the reservation. Looks now like they are all booked. Oh well, we have other character breakfast reservations booked so I'm not too broken up about it.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2...we have a summer trip planned...and would enjoy trying this!

I'm new to the boards... what is this "guest list" I see people referring to? I guess I would like to be on it too. But I won't be going until 11/26 so a bit early.

:wave2: I see that beesly answered your question....but I wanted say..Welcome! This is a great place to anticipate your trip ..Happy planning!

Tried to book a breakfast the first week of May. Saw the time slots available but could not complete the reservation. Looks now like they are all booked. Oh well, we have other character breakfast reservations booked so I'm not too broken up about it.

I would say keep trying..there are sometimes booking glitches...:confused3 We are going to try and book once our window opens too...:goodvibes

YES...I think it's perfectly normal. I'm not quite to my 60's, but I always feel like a kid at Christmas and this isn't my first trip by a long shot. We leave on Friday, and last night already I couldn't sleep due to the anticipation. I hope this feeling lasts long into my 60's, 70's and 80's!!! Have fun on your sister trip.
I am sure "the feeling" will last into your later years. We have been going to Disney with our kids since they were very little. This is our first trip with out our grown up daughters with us. We will miss them...but we will have a blast!! Enjoy your trip is well.

It's the "Boardwalk Bulletin" in post 1 of this thread - a place for people to share their trip dates. There are already some on the list with dates through December 2017, so you're not too early!

Does this mean I could be the first one to post with dates in 2018?? After renting DVC Boardwalk points for a studio in December, DW and I bought into DVC at the Boardwalk. We will be back in a one-bedroom boardwalk view 01/21/18 - 01/27/18. Now when they tell us "Welcome Home" it really will be our "home".

Having the same issue in July. I can find nothing for a party of 4, or a 10:30 for a party of 2. When I put in party of 8, I can only find a 7:55 am. It cannot be all loaded- there is no way an early PPO breakfast is open but the 10:30-11:00 is completely unavailable. Not on the first day...

Keep trying! Sometimes openings occur because people cancel.

It looks like Disney launched ADRs for it yesterday morning but then took them offline again for some reason. I can't even modify the reservation that I made. Some sites are reporting that they'll put them back online on the 1st.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm sort of sad to hear that Trattoria al Forno will now be busier in the morning! We love how quiet the Boardwalk is in the early hours of the day, and how, if we had a morning we were skipping rope drop, we could have a really nice, quiet breakfast. The crowds the character meal will bring will surely be good for the restaurant's business, but I will miss the quiet vibe and the option of a nice, sit-down breakfast that isn't a big, character-filled, kid-frenzy deal.

My BFF and I just booked a standard room at Boardwalk for our Wine & Dine half weekend 11/1-7. We are very excited to try a new resort!

YIPPEE! I'll get your dates logged, @lovingeire

Hello, everyone. I'm just re-joining BWI thread. We currently have a moderate reservation booked for Halloween time frame, but if AP discounts come through, we may be able to switch to BWI.

In the Fall of 2016, my hubby and I celebrated our 41th wedding anniversary there, and then I was able to comeback for a quick Christmas-time trip with my best Disney travel buddy, (mainly to see Osborn Lights one last time...snif snif...). We're hoping we can swing it again, but it all depends on Special Offers! If Disney follows their historical pattern, AP discounts SHOULD be announced around April, so we're just waiting, not-so-patiently.

Now, I need to go back and catch up on any new stuff at the BWI since our last visit! Just wanted to drop by and say HI!! :wave:

Jeanne

Welcome back, @jlundeen:) and I hope you get a magical offer soon.

My DH is booking BWI right now for 9-9 --9-15. It'll be the first time we'll be at Disney without children since 1990! It's kind of strange planning only with our interest in mind. I think we're going to book The Keys to the Kingdom tour. But I'm not sure what else. Any ideas for an adult only trip?

I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin, @tsme.

I think doing as many tours as you can sounds like fun. Maybe some resort lounge-hopping might be fun? Just sitting around the resort lobbies and parks and guest-watching is a great adults-only indulgence.

Did online check-in yesterday. WooHoo! :dance3:

(Also bumping this up from the 4th page!)

Congratulations and thank you, @bryana:)

I've been on a Disboard break for a couple of months and I'm still catching up, so do forgive me if this is an old and tired question, but what work did they do to the pool or slide? Did they give the slide a new (non-clown) facade, perhaps?! We were just there in December and we all fell in love with BWI (after trying 5 or 6 other deluxe resorts) and can't wait to return this November.

Welcome back and no problem here with "old or tired questions." No re-theming was done. I haven't seen any current Luna Park pool photos so I don't know exactly what work was done.

@WDWKOOK - would you please add me to the guest list? We'll be staying at BWV for the first time for just one night - 3/8-3/9 - before we move to AKL. Two weeks to go! :jumping1:

I'd be happy to add your date, @beesly.

We were planning to do a split stay BWI 3/25-3/29 and YC 3/29-4/1. Only reason we were moving was b/c friends were coming down for the YC part and we all wanted BC but couldn't get it so did YC instead. They have now backed out of the trip so my DH wants to stay BWI the entire 7 nights. Of course, it's not available for all 7 but it is for the last 3 we were planning to move to YC. My questions are, 1. can I call and simply have my reservation changed from YC to BWI (room only- already paid) for those same 3 nights without cancelling and rebooking? and 2. how likely would it be that they will make us change rooms if we have the same category booked (SV)? Thanks!

You won't have to get a new reservation number. Any deposit price difference will either be charged or credited back. I'm confused about where you're staying the first 4 nights?

If you're asking about having two separate reservations in the same resort, make sure that "CONTINUING RESERVATION" is noted in your file so that the Room Assignor will try to block off the same room for your second reservation. All the times I've done this, we've remained in the same room. Also remind them at check-in.

Yes, that is the correct price and the breakfast starts 2 April. HERE is the menu from Disney Parks Blog.

OK thanks for the info!

@WDWKOOK - I will be there 11/26 - 12/2! So far away, but I can't wait!

Congratulations and I'll add your dates to POST 1:)

Does this mean I could be the first one to post with dates in 2018?? After renting DVC Boardwalk points for a studio in December, DW and I bought into DVC at the Boardwalk. We will be back in a one-bedroom boardwalk view 01/21/18 - 01/27/18. Now when they tell us "Welcome Home" it really will be our "home".

How exciting! I'll log your dates, too:)

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm sort of sad to hear that Trattoria al Forno will now be busier in the morning! We love how quiet the Boardwalk is in the early hours of the day, and how, if we had a morning we were skipping rope drop, we could have a really nice, quiet breakfast. The crowds the character meal will bring will surely be good for the restaurant's business, but I will miss the quiet vibe and the option of a nice, sit-down breakfast that isn't a big, character-filled, kid-frenzy deal.
Agreed. Trattoria was one of the few restaurants where you could get a decent breakfast at a reasonable price. They have now taken the same scrambled eggs that used to cost $12, given it a fancy name, and raised the price to $34 because of the characters. I understand the attraction of these kinds of breakfasts, but how many times can a family of 4 spend $100 for breakfast. Never mind that Cape May, a 10 minute walk from the Boardwalk, already has a similar breakfast.
Additionally, the parking at the Boardwalk is already chaotic because of the "illegals" parking there and then going to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I wonder how many people going to Trattoria in the morning and parking at the BW will leave their cars there for the whole day to go to the parks. My guess is that there will be plenty, and if you think that the Boardwalk will enforce any kind of time limit on the parking then you are dreaming.

Does anyone know...for the new character breakfast at Trattoria will it be an all-you-care-to-eat like the Garden Grill, where they bring you more if you want it? Or will it be like BOG where you just get the one serving of whatever you order? Thanks!

Does anyone know...for the new character breakfast at Trattoria will it be an all-you-care-to-eat like the Garden Grill, where they bring you more if you want it? Or will it be like BOG where you just get the one serving of whatever you order? Thanks!
According to the description on the Disney World website it looks like it is one serving only.

I'm there with you! I loved the Trattoria breakfast and the quiet atmosphere!! Oh, well! It was great while it lasted!! We will try the character breakfast simply because Trattoria is one of our favorite restaurants (for breakfast and dinner!). ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter