Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

My DH is booking BWI right now for 9-9 --9-15. It'll be the first time we'll be at Disney without children since 1990! It's kind of strange planning only with our interest in mind. I think we're going to book The Keys to the Kingdom tour. But I'm not sure what else. Any ideas for an adult only trip?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/wild-africa-trek/ - I've done this twice, and found it absolutely wonderful! Plus, part of the fee for the tour is donated to the conservation of the animals. It's a win-win!! And a great tour!

My DH is booking BWI right now for 9-9 --9-15. It'll be the first time we'll be at Disney without children since 1990! It's kind of strange planning only with our interest in mind. I think we're going to book The Keys to the Kingdom tour. But I'm not sure what else. Any ideas for an adult only trip?

If you drink wine, do one of the wine flights at WS. Germany, France and Italy all have them in their wine shops. Italy also has a great little wine bar that has flights and the bar at Spice Road also does them.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/wild-africa-trek/ - I've done this twice, and found it absolutely wonderful! Plus, part of the fee for the tour is donated to the conservation of the animals. It's a win-win!! And a great tour!

We've done the Wild Africa trek & the backstage tails tour. I agree it is a great tour. Thx though. We are looking forward to checking out Pandora. Hopefully it lives up to the all expectations.

If you drink wine, do one of the wine flights at WS. Germany, France and Italy all have them in their wine shops. Italy also has a great little wine bar that has flights and the bar at Spice Road also does them.

DH doesn't drink & I rarely drink, though I do like the grey goose slushy in France. He's also a picky eater, so that limits restaurants. Maybe we can go around the world snacking with a drink every so often for me. ;)

We've done the Wild Africa trek & the backstage tails tour. I agree it is a great tour. Thx though. We are looking forward to checking out Pandora. Hopefully it lives up to the all expectations.

DH doesn't drink & I rarely drink, though I do like the grey goose slushy in France. He's also a picky eater, so that limits restaurants. Maybe we can go around the world snacking with a drink every so often for me. ;)

F&W should be happening while you are there, snack away. I try to get at least one something from every booth, you'd be surprised how hard that really is.

There's also a wine crawl involving Germany, France, and Italy. The wine crawl document can be purchased at one of the three winebars.

For my room request I have two options. Option 1, I choose high floor. For option 2, if I select near lobby, will that put me near elevators? I do not like to be near elevators because of the noise, so I have left it blank for now. Any suggestions?

I don't know if anyone replied to this, but yes, near lobby will be somewhat near elevators, BUT the hotel is huge and they only have one set of elevators on each side (Inn/Villa), so "near" elevators is a relative term, and in all likelihood you wouldn't be in hearing range!

For my room request I have two options. Option 1, I choose high floor. For option 2, if I select near lobby, will that put me near elevators? I do not like to be near elevators because of the noise, so I have left it blank for now. Any suggestions?

We stayed one night last May in the first room off of the elevators but facing the parking lot. The noise from the elevators wasn't an issue at all. The bell hops talking loudly at 7:00 AM right outside our window on the other hand...

Jelly Rolls is a lot of fun. Must be 21. Awesome piano players.

I am planning our first "just us" trip at the BWI for DH and me. This was DH's all time favorite resort, and since he is having a hard time envisioning a trip without the kids, I thought I'd bring us back here. I also feel it is the best place for an adult trip, since Epcot is just a walk away, and there are lots of options for eating at all the resorts in the Boardwalk area. Not exactly an adult thing to do, but I thought we might try out Fantasia Mini-golf which is close to BWI. I also plan to do some resort hopping since it will be Christmas time for us, but maybe it would be fun to resort hop and check out the Halloween decorations during your trip!

Quick question for anybody there now or just had recently visited...Does the Boardwalk Bakery still have the cinnamon rolls and croissants with the scrambled eggs?! Just kinda wondering

When were were there in December, the Bakery had cinnamon rolls but the breakfast sandwich was on a brioche-style roll of some kind with circular, precooked eggs. They were not as good as croissants with scrambled, IMO, but still pretty good.

I've been on a Disboard break for a couple of months and I'm still catching up, so do forgive me if this is an old and tired question, but what work did they do to the pool or slide? Did they give the slide a new (non-clown) facade, perhaps?! We were just there in December and we all fell in love with BWI (after trying 5 or 6 other deluxe resorts) and can't wait to return this November.

I am planning our first "just us" trip at the BWI for DH and me. This was DH's all time favorite resort, and since he is having a hard time envisioning a trip without the kids, I thought I'd bring us back here. I also feel it is the best place for an adult trip, since Epcot is just a walk away, and there are lots of options for eating at all the resorts in the Boardwalk area. Not exactly an adult thing to do, but I thought we might try out Fantasia Mini-golf which is close to BWI. I also plan to do some resort hopping since it will be Christmas time for us, but maybe it would be fun to resort hop and check out the Halloween decorations during your trip!

Hey, the Fantasia Mini golf is really fun for adults! We usually do the harder course, v.s. the one with more moving parts that you have to hit through. Both are fun and challenging for adults. It's a nice break from all things Disney!

We were planning to do a split stay BWI 3/25-3/29 and YC 3/29-4/1. Only reason we were moving was b/c friends were coming down for the YC part and we all wanted BC but couldn't get it so did YC instead. They have now backed out of the trip so my DH wants to stay BWI the entire 7 nights. Of course, it's not available for all 7 but it is for the last 3 we were planning to move to YC. My questions are, 1. can I call and simply have my reservation changed from YC to BWI (room only- already paid) for those same 3 nights without cancelling and rebooking? and 2. how likely would it be that they will make us change rooms if we have the same category booked (SV)? Thanks!

24 Days and counting until my sister and I check into BWI! We feel like little kids at Christmas and cannot wait!! And...we are in our 60's!! Is this normal? LOL!:flower1:

YES...I think it's perfectly normal. I'm not quite to my 60's, but I always feel like a kid at Christmas and this isn't my first trip by a long shot. We leave on Friday, and last night already I couldn't sleep due to the anticipation. I hope this feeling lasts long into my 60's, 70's and 80's!!! Have fun on your sister trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter