Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but what the heck, maybe someone will know the answer. A couple of weeks ago, I booked BWI, Deluxe Club, 12/9-12/15/17. This year, we're annual pass holders and are certainly hoping for an AP discount. Due to the fact that I think there are only 10 Deluxe rooms and not sure any discount will be offered, I just double booked BWI Boardwalk View-Club level. A little painful to cough up another $900 but I'm figuring if the Deluxe room doesn't get an AP discount, then hopefully the Boardwalk View room will and I'll cancel the Deluxe room. Can anyone share if they were able to get an AP discount on either of these room categories, during that time of year last year? TYIA

We are due a stay here on the 25th feb for 12 nights. We have got an email from Guest care to say the Luna Park pool is closed during this time but i cant find any more information about this? It only talks about the community hall pool on the DIS referbs list!
anyone have any more clearer dates and infomation?

As my trip gets closer, I'm in full planning mode. Question regarding surprise upgrades. Are my odds of a surprise upgrade better if I don't do online check in?

I don't think surprise upgrades are all that common. I wouldn't think checking in one way or another would have any impact on that. They assign your room around 3-5 days before your arrival. Of course you can always ask at the desk, but nothing is guaranteed and you would likely need to pay for an upgrade

We are staying BWV Feb 4-12 and just received this email.

We continue to eagerly await your arrival at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Villas! As that date approaches, we have some additional information for you regarding the ongoing Resort refurbishment we shared previously.

In addition to the routine exterior painting and balcony maintenance, we would like to make you aware that our Luna Park Pool and slide will be unavailable beginning in early February. We anticipate the pool to open in mid-February, while the slide should remain closed until early March. It is also possible that you will hear construction noise in the area.

During this time, we invite you to make a splash at the leisure pool located near BoardWalk Inn. Transportation will also be provided to Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts where you can enjoy three acres of aquatic fun at Stormalong Bay.

Bummer. I was watching the weather and thinking we might just get to use the pool. :(

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but what the heck, maybe someone will know the answer. A couple of weeks ago, I booked BWI, Deluxe Club, 12/9-12/15/17. This year, we're annual pass holders and are certainly hoping for an AP discount. Due to the fact that I think there are only 10 Deluxe rooms and not sure any discount will be offered, I just double booked BWI Boardwalk View-Club level. A little painful to cough up another $900 but I'm figuring if the Deluxe room doesn't get an AP discount, then hopefully the Boardwalk View room will and I'll cancel the Deluxe room. Can anyone share if they were able to get an AP discount on either of these room categories, during that time of year last year? TYIA

Similar question concerning the Deluxe rooms - we stayed here once and it was DH's favorite. But as our family grew we fit better at OKW. Anyway, he would like to stay here for our first "just us two" trip, and would like to get the Deluxe room like we had before. I know there are only a few with Boardwalk balconies, but that's what we had and that's what he wants (who am I to argue!?!). How hard are these to get? Is it more of a very early reservation that helps you snag one?

In addition to the routine exterior painting and balcony maintenance, we would like to make you aware that our Luna Park Pool and slide will be unavailable beginning in early February. We anticipate the pool to open in mid-February, while the slide should remain closed until early March. It is also possible that you will hear construction noise in the area.
Are there any signs at BWV or BWI indicating when this construction project will actually start? We check in on 1/29 and check out 2/4. Thanks!

We are considering staying in a Garden Cottage for our anniversary, and have a quick question....... is there a half bath on the first floor, or is the only "facility" on the second floor near the bedroom?

Thanks.

Similar question concerning the Deluxe rooms - we stayed here once and it was DH's favorite. But as our family grew we fit better at OKW. Anyway, he would like to stay here for our first "just us two" trip, and would like to get the Deluxe room like we had before. I know there are only a few with Boardwalk balconies, but that's what we had and that's what he wants (who am I to argue!?!). How hard are these to get? Is it more of a very early reservation that helps you snag one?

From what I've read, there are 10 Deluxe rooms, 5 on the 3rd floor, 5 on the 4th floor. Apparently the 3rd floor balconies are bigger then the 4th floor balconies but I think even the 4th floor balconies have 2 chairs and a small table.

From what I've read, there are 10 Deluxe rooms, 5 on the 3rd floor, 5 on the 4th floor. Apparently the 3rd floor balconies are bigger then the 4th floor balconies but I think even the 4th floor balconies have 2 chairs and a small table.

We loved our balcony - it was right over the Bakery! We would go out every night once the kids went to sleep and have a beverage. Once, DH got pulled into the magician show below on the Boardwalk, and that was so fun. The guy had the whole crowd interacting with us up on the balcony. We didn't mind going up the back stairs to the concierge. It was fine!

We loved our balcony - it was right over the Bakery! We would go out every night once the kids went to sleep and have a beverage. Once, DH got pulled into the magician show below on the Boardwalk, and that was so fun. The guy had the whole crowd interacting with us up on the balcony. We didn't mind going up the back stairs to the concierge. It was fine!

That's great to know that it wasn't a big pain in the butt to not be on the 4th floor where the club level goodies are. I'm a balcony nut so I'm seriously considering requesting a 3rd floor room. Climbing the stairs will help ease the pain of eating too much:rolleyes:.

We are considering staying in a Garden Cottage for our anniversary, and have a quick question....... is there a half bath on the first floor, or is the only "facility" on the second floor near the bedroom?

Thanks.
Yes. There is a half bath on the first floor of the Garden cottages.

Super excited to be back at the Boardwalk! We were at Contemporary CL for the past few days and it just wasn't the same! While there we took advantage of the bounce back offer to get BWI CL Boardwalk View for September! Woot! Is the whole 4th floor now CL?

my (slightly elderly) mother is a huge fan of the Community Hall pool. Its always quiet and she can get a bed. It never has any children when we go so she likes it even more. She was super worried that the closure of Luna Park meant that everyone would go and invade the quiet pool. I told her that the lure of Stormalong Bay is in most childrens eyes, way more exciting and she didn't need to worry.
I on the other hand hope I can still get to enter Stormalong bay even if Luna Park is open (if the slide is still not in operation they may still keep the pass open). Its always been a dream of mine to go use that!

So I went to the Yacht & Club post to learn more about Stormalong Bay since during our stay Feb 4-9 the Luna pool will be closed and it said this:

"Beach & Yacht Club Resorts: Stormalong Bay Pool Slide closed for refurbishment January 30 – February 10, 2017. The pool will remain open during this work."

I guess we will have no pool slide to use at either resort. I was OK with it until now. I was talking up the Strormalong Bay slides.

Our next trip is booked! Split stay for the first time: 5/29-6/1 at BWI and 6/1-6/6 at WL CL. Getting excited, ready to be back at Boardwalk.

We once did a spring break split between BWI/CL and WL/CL. We really liked being near Epcot and near MK all in one trip. I'll get your dates added, @AggieRach99.

The waitlist for a Boardwalk view came through for my Christmas Magic trip, 11/28 to 12/7 to the Boardwalk Villas :woohoo:

Yippee, @mlittig

We're in! DH & I just booked a standard view at BWI for 4/10-4/18/17. I can't wait!pixiedust:

Congratulations, @need2travel.

My daughter and I will be staying for the first time at The Boardwalk celebrating her 18th Birthday Feb. 17-23. We are so excited!!

What a great birthday celebration, @gabbyrosebud:)

Just booked BWI for 4/12-4/16!! Back in 2005, we stayed in one of the "garden cottages" at BWV (?) but my kids have no memory of it so it's sort of like a first time for them! Just read the last 15 pages of this thread - looks like I need to read the rest! Excited!

Edited: just learned (through this thread) that the garden cottages are a part of BWI not BWV! I never knew!

YAY! BTW, the Garden Cottages have since had the sofa sleeper removed and have a max. occ. of two.

Hello new friends, we just booked for a 4/1-4/9 stay for our first BWI stay! The past couple of summers we've stayed at the YC and are very excited to come across the lake to experience the Boardwalk! Needless to say I will be following this thread closely for tips and other BWI vacationers' experiences.

Welcome and I'll add your dates, too @DisDad4Life.

Hello everyone,

My husband and I will be returning to the Boardwalk Villas in November. But I'm excited this will be our first trip to the BWV as owners. Kook, please add us to "the List." 11/10-11/15/17 BWV Studio

Thanks!

I'd be happy to add you, @suemom2kay.

We will be staying at BWI for the first time Mar. 29-April 3 after 7 nights at the French Quarter. We have stayed at the Yacht and Beach Club before, but we are looking forward to something new!! Any recommendations for standard rooms?

Welcome! I assume you mean a Standard View? Those bookings can be any view, except a direct Crescent Lake View. Many like to request a 5th floor room with a view of Epcot which overlooks the garden and quiet pool area.

I'll log your dates, @Crazyhorse:). I don't know about last year, but the Deluxe rooms are often included so don't give up hope. They cost more than a Standard CL room, so they are a bit less popular.

We are staying BWV Feb 4-12 and just received this email.

We continue to eagerly await your arrival at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Villas! As that date approaches, we have some additional information for you regarding the ongoing Resort refurbishment we shared previously.

During this time, we invite you to make a splash at the leisure pool located near BoardWalk Inn. Transportation will also be provided to Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts where you can enjoy three acres of aquatic fun at Stormalong Bay.

Bummer. I was watching the weather and thinking we might just get to use the pool. :(

Thank you for posting your letter and I'll log your dates:)

All 10 Deluxe rooms face toward Crescent Lake. Since they cost more than the Standard CL room, they are a bit less popular. Also 5/10 are on a different floor than the lounge which for some, is less convenient. However, there's a stairwell to the 4th floor right nearby. It shouldn't be too hard to get one, but booking early is always preferable to later (and more fun!)

Super excited to be back at the Boardwalk! We were at Contemporary CL for the past few days and it just wasn't the same! While there we took advantage of the bounce back offer to get BWI CL Boardwalk View for September! Woot! Is the whole 4th floor now CL?

Congratulations on booking BWI!

Good question about the addition of more rooms. They were in the process of adding more rooms to CL on the 4th floor, but I don't know if they converted all of them, I believe they only added some of them to the inventory.

So I did online check in today - picked upper floor and near lobby. I haven't made any other request so I wonder where they will assign me with those "requests" - I have standard view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter