• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

The street performers at the Boardwalk.. is that every night? If not, what nights is it? (traveling 12/10 to 12/14)

I had asked concierge when we stayed there shortly after the renovations. He was going to check and get back to me, but never did. I ended up buying a Samsung 50" smart TV based on how much I liked the one in our room.

We have a pretty decent TV; but it's a little older, so plugging in all the Firesticks and Blu Rays and all the things that need plugged into it is a bit of a hassle. We have to have about 10 adapters, and then unplug and switch things around.

So, anyway, we're due for an update, and the picture on the TV was SO crisp. I figured if I went with a Samsung LED, I'd probably be safe, but you never know.

The street performers at the Boardwalk.. is that every night? If not, what nights is it? (traveling 12/10 to 12/14)

Just visited twice in three weeks, act were out every night.

I have seen them move inside if it rains, but not always...

We have a pretty decent TV; but it's a little older, so plugging in all the Firesticks and Blu Rays and all the things that need plugged into it is a bit of a hassle. We have to have about 10 adapters, and then unplug and switch things around.

So, anyway, we're due for an update, and the picture on the TV was SO crisp. I figured if I went with a Samsung LED, I'd probably be safe, but you never know.

I'm living ours. Beautiful picture and easy access to all the main streaming services. My model is discontinued, but there are more recent models that have received excellent reviews.

We are staying first time in a pool/garden view studio at BWV. I will have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. Can I get some help with room request? I really have no clue what I want in a room. Upper or lower floor? Is near elevator good so we won't have to walk very far once we get back and I'm sure will be exhausted? I have a touring plan subscription but I'm not exactly sure what is the most important to use the room search.

We are staying first time in a pool/garden view studio at BWV. I will have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. Can I get some help with room request? I really have no clue what I want in a room. Upper or lower floor? Is near elevator good so we won't have to walk very far once we get back and I'm sure will be exhausted? I have a touring plan subscription but I'm not exactly sure what is the most important to use the room search.

I would request Village Green, which is the lawn on the boardwalk side. Those studios are close to the elevators.

I'm living ours. Beautiful picture and easy access to all the main streaming services. My model is discontinued, but there are more recent models that have received excellent reviews.

Wow, that sounds awesome. I should have paid more attention while I was there. I knew it was a Samsung and around what size, but when I got to shopping, I saw there are these new models called UHD and SUHD (Ultra High Definition, I'm assuming) And then I keep seeing 4K and I have no idea what it means in the context of a TV.

On the villa side, the rooms that are ground level.. can the patio door be used to get in/out (is there a key that it can be locked from outside as we exit?).

For room requests, what do you folks recommend I request, as well as best method (online check-in, call, through the touring plans fax thing?)? Standard View 1 Bedroom villa. We are hitting all parks.. Epcot twice, MK twice, AK once, and HS once).

On the villa side, the rooms that are ground level.. can the patio door be used to get in/out (is there a key that it can be locked from outside as we exit?).

For room requests, what do you folks recommend I request, as well as best method (online check-in, call, through the touring plans fax thing?)? Standard View 1 Bedroom villa. We are hitting all parks.. Epcot twice, MK twice, AK once, and HS once).

No, they cannot be locked after you exit--it is an internal lock only. My preference would be "near elevators/near lobby". BUT since it is a standard view room that could put you in the dreaded area of bag drop off on the Porte Cochere.

Would you guys happen to know which rooms I would want to avoid to not be in the 'dreaded area'? (Would the noise be somewhat mitigated if in the area but if I'm in a top floor?)

Also, if I use the touring plans room request fax thing.. can I still do online check in and just not choose any room preferences when I do that?

(Part of me is thinking maybe I should roll the dice and see what I end up with)

I read some old threads that recommend requesting 'high floor across from bus stop'. Given that's not a choice when checking in online how would I go about putting this request in?

I read some old threads that recommend requesting 'high floor across from bus stop'. Given that's not a choice when checking in online how would I go about putting this request in?

The options during Online Check In are basically useless. The best way is still to call the Main Reservations Line and add your room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Just adding if you're staying DVC, you have to add the request through Member Services. If you rented points, the member has to make the request. If you went through a place like David's, you ask them, and they would ask the member. The member isn't obligated to do so, but I'm sure most will!

Hello everyone!

When DH asked what I wanted for my birthday last week, I said Dole Whip float ;) My jaw dropped when he said make a reservation but only for 2 nights AND it had to be in a DVC resort since we are planning to buy in this year. OKW was only thing available. We had visited but not stayed and hey, it's Disney!

Yesterday I managed to find a le Cellier candlelight dinner reservation but it was Monday (travel day and we would never make it there) so wonderful DH said grab it and let's call and add one more night! Of course reservations were down yesterday, but we did get through this afternoon and while OKW wasn't open, BWV studio was. Could that be more perfect!?!

So we will be in a BWV studio 11/27-11/30. Got to love when magic comes together! We also entered the Darkside 5k today. If we love the Villas as much as the Inn, our first Welcome Home could be here. :cloud9:

Our last stay we were club level so any suggestions for breakfast or at least a good cup of coffee would be appreciated. :coffee:

Liz

Morning all. At the BWV now SV 2BR.
No sign of refurbishmental going on around the villas except in far corner side villa by walkway to DHS overlooking water way. Fences all up around all pools, not locked.
Place (not surprising) is packed, but all CMs are handling is wonderfully.

We stayed on the Villa side about a week ago, and I am wondering if anyone has any info on what model the TV is.

We are in the market for a new TV and this TV was glorious. I know it was a Samsung, but wasn't sure if anyone had details.

Here is the model info from the back of the TV . HTH: Samsung
HG55NC690EFXZA

If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer when I check in.
Thanks for all who contribute great info on this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter