Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are staying at the BWI in Dec. and just received our letter that there would be construction going on during our stay.

I'm staying at the BWV 11/27-12/4 and I just received my construction letter yesterday. I've uploaded a picture.

Attachments

• 20160823_092231.jpg
    20160823_092231.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 41
I hope everyone with upcoming trips is not too inconvenienced by the construction! I thought BW was supposed to be done by October?
Anyhow, I am thinking of reserving 2 rooms at either Y/BC or BWI until I can try for a 2BR villa, and I have a BW question. I have read about all the restaurants nearby and don't mind the fact that they are outside the building, but I can't seem to find a place that is equivalent to the BC Marketplace or the WL Mercantile where I could go pick up some forgotten items or grab an orange or banana. Am I missing something?

I hope everyone with upcoming trips is not too inconvenienced by the construction! I thought BW was supposed to be done by October?
Anyhow, I am thinking of reserving 2 rooms at either Y/BC or BWI until I can try for a 2BR villa, and I have a BW question. I have read about all the restaurants nearby and don't mind the fact that they are outside the building, but I can't seem to find a place that is equivalent to the BC Marketplace or the WL Mercantile where I could go pick up some forgotten items or grab an orange or banana. Am I missing something?

There is a store - Screen Door General Store - right on the boardwalk for that. My favorite place for snacks was Boardwalk Bakery, also right on the boardwalk.

But we did a garden grocer order, which was great since none of the shopping for milk. etc was right in the hotel - you had to walk out to the boardwalk to get anything you needed. That garden grocer order saved a lot of running around for me.

There is a store - Screen Door General Store - right on the boardwalk for that. My favorite place for snacks was Boardwalk Bakery, also right on the boardwalk.

But we did a garden grocer order, which was great since none of the shopping for milk. etc was right in the hotel - you had to walk out to the boardwalk to get anything you needed. That garden grocer order saved a lot of running around for me.

Thanks! We usually make a grocery stop, we drive, so we will have most of what we need. I was just wondering about forgotten items. I forgot about Screen Door having "sundries". I imagine I will love going to BW Bakery- maybe too much!

Another question, and it is not a dealbreaker because we could walk over to BC if needed, but does BW have a marina for boat rentals? I didn't see one listed.
Thanks!

Thanks! We usually make a grocery stop, we drive, so we will have most of what we need. I was just wondering about forgotten items. I forgot about Screen Door having "sundries". I imagine I will love going to BW Bakery- maybe too much!

Another question, and it is not a dealbreaker because we could walk over to BC if needed, but does BW have a marina for boat rentals? I didn't see one listed.
Thanks!

The only marina is on the YC/BC side--it is shared by all of the Boardwalk/EPCOT hotels.

FYI BWV ressies: I just called guest services to ask about construction. The CM transferred me to the resort's front desk. From that portion of the call I was told that construction is scheduled to be completed on October 31, with the disclaimer that it may last a few days longer than that. Hope that helps someone in their planning.

FYI BWV ressies: I just called guest services to ask about construction. The CM transferred me to the resort's front desk. From that portion of the call I was told that construction is scheduled to be completed on October 31, with the disclaimer that it may last a few days longer than that. Hope that helps someone in their planning.
Do you have any idea why they would send the construction letter to people who are traveling in December? We won't be there until Dec. 18 and we received the letter yesterday.

Do you have any idea why they would send the construction letter to people who are traveling in December? We won't be there until Dec. 18 and we received the letter yesterday.

I have no idea! Give GS a call. The number I used is: 407 939 7542. Good Luck and let us know the response you get.

Last edited:

Not sure if you were actually transferred to the front desk as it's always been said you never get thru to an actual resort BUT I can tell you not even the CM's at the actual front desk have a clue. Perfect example... when we transferred to the BWI last Monday, 8/15, and were first given a "construction view" room, I headed back to the front desk and was told by one of their CM's that all the scaffolding & "cherry pickers" would be down and finished by the following morning. I can tell you first hand, that was NOT true!!

Not sure if you were actually transferred to the front desk as it's always been said you never get thru to an actual resort BUT I can tell you not even the CM's at the actual front desk have a clue. Perfect example... when we transferred to the BWI last Monday, 8/15, and were first given a "construction view" room, I headed back to the front desk and was told by one of their CM's that all the scaffolding & "cherry pickers" would be down and finished by the following morning. I can tell you first hand, that was NOT true!!

I'm not sure I was actually transferred to the front desk either. All I know is that I was transferred to what the original CM said was the resort desk. When I was connected, the CM took a while looking at her calendars and then let me know the scheduled completion date. Not sure why Disney would have CMs lie about who they are transferring a guest to.

I'm not sure I was actually transferred to the front desk either. All I know is that I was transferred to what the original CM said was the resort desk. When I was connected, the CM took a while looking at her calendars and then let me know the scheduled completion date. Not sure why Disney would have CMs lie about who they are transferring a guest to.

We received the construction letter yesterday and we're not checking into the villas until January 31

We received our construction letter yesterday as well. We check into BWV on January 29. I was hoping the construction would be complete by then. Seems like an awfully long refurb.

Lots of discussion about people receiving letters and wondering when the construction will be over, but not much specifics from people at WDW that are saying exactly what construction is ongoing. I read some posts about work near the pools.

Does anyone know whether there is any exterior painting work going on? Any scaffolding up? Any rooms still being refurbished? If so, what sections and what floors?

Thanks for any help those staying at BWI/BWV can provide. Pics would help too. Thanks.

Did anyone staying in Aug get a construction letter? I thought they were done with BWI and doing the villas. If they were done, why are Dec folks getting letters?

I just checked Disney's web site and it says the villas will be renovated through 10/31. No mention of BWI, or Dec time frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter