Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

It's never too soon to plan! I'll add your dates to POST 1:)

ETA: Just noticed I already have you logged for April...did you cancel those dates?

Even fewer shifts now! Thanks for the congrats:). Is it me or sometimes does it seem kids don't grow up fast enough?:hourglass

Welcome and I'll log your dates, @ah edwards. The time will fly by, but in the meantime, maybe you could make a countdown chain or calendar with her?

I hope it works out for you:). If it doesn't, maybe you could try YS as a new tradition?:love:

Welcome to the thread, @UnderTheRialto.

I had read a while ago that transfers were being discontinued, so thank you for posting that you were able to transfer via Bell Services.

How exciting! Are you Club Level or Standard?

They've got you now - but it's a great gotcha;)

It's super easy to change your avatar or tag:

Click on your username in the upper/right corner of this page. Choose "PERSONAL DETAILS." There, you can modify your signature, avatar and tag (custom title), etc...You can just drag a new avatar into the space. With the new Xenforo web hosting software, no more image codes, (uploading to a photo sharing site), are needed to post photos or avatars Just make sure the avatar image file is reduced.
View attachment 178615

The TF took early retirement when the DIS transitioned to the new web hosting software (Xenforo).

YIPPEE! Love those added days, especially up front:)

Bumping to someone just there...

Hi Kook - Sorry. We had to change our dates to March time frame. We cancelled the April dates. If you could update, it would be great.

Two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A change......shocking I know

We are arriving 7/27 and a BWI CL opened up with the AP rate, so all 9 nights at BWI now. Hoping we won't have to switch rooms but if we do ALL GOOD!

Phew, for a minute there...Good for you snagging opening night! Have them add "continuing reservation" to the first reservation and tell them again at check-in. Is the second reservation under a different rate?

Pas130-Dis reunion 2 days sooner lol!! Don't forget we have to post pics for Kook.:smooth:

You remembered! Can't wait to see all those smiles. Safe travels to you and have a magical vacationpixiedust:

Phew, for a minute there...Good for you snagging opening night! Have them add "continuing reservation" to the first reservation and tell them again at check-in. Is the second reservation under a different rate?

You remembered! Can't wait to see all those smiles. Safe travels to you and have a magical vacationpixiedust:
The first night is actually AP rate for a BWV CL room and the rest is SV CL with the summer discount but I mentioned I don't need a BWV on the 27th if it means staying in the same room!!

Just returned yesterday from BWI standard club level room and I wanted to mention my experience with the construction. I believe how it affects you depends on your room location and where you spend your recreational time on the resort property. On a scale of 1 - 5, I would rate my experience a strong 3. The one afternoon at the Inn side quiet pool there was a crew of workers painting the building surrounding the pool. They were operating the small lift and the crew leader would yell the names of the crew members. At times, they were loud. However, I still enjoyed my time at the pool. This is one area of BWI that I have always found relaxing and peaceful so that's why I guess it stood out.

A balcony is always important to me while on vacation and our balcony was above where the walls are up on the side of Flying Fish restaurant. Our room was directly across the courtyard from the Wyland Gallery. Basically, the courtyard as you enter the hotel from the boardwalk. Looking down, I didn't see much but some cement blocks but on one evening, all evening, there was a very loud generator or motor running and it was loud. I did notice that the next night it was not running.

We didn't use the main pool to swim but we did walk around it several times to access the walkway to Hollywood Studios and there were sawhorses up at one small section. Looked like a broken sidewalk. No big deal just thought I'd mention it.

For anyone heading to the BWI, I wouldn't be too concerned about the construction especially if you are planning on being out and about most days. And, it appeared to be isolated to just certain areas at a time.

Can anyone tell me if there are showers by any of the pools? If not, can the showers be used in the health club? We like to spend our last day hanging by the pool since we normally take the last flight out of Orlando so a shower before heading to the airport would be great. TIA.

Can anyone tell me if there are showers by any of the pools? If not, can the showers be used in the health club? We like to spend our last day hanging by the pool since we normally take the last flight out of Orlando so a shower before heading to the airport would be great. TIA.

There are showers and lockers at the health club and we, like you, spend part of our last day at the pool. We have availed ourselves of those locker rooms without any issues. In fact, we take our swim bags down to the lockers in the early a.m. after checking our other bags and utilize the locker room for changing before pool time/showering after. Sure wish Beach Club had such a facility. :headache:

If both were available, would you consider a split-stay?

This trip will be a little shorter than last time, 7 nights instead of 8. My DH does most of the driving, around 12 the first day and 3-4 the next (including a stop at Super Walmart). After all that driving and time in the car, we really enjoy unpacking and settling in for the duration. I think the thought of packing and moving in the middle of our time in the bubble would be a stress, even if a small one, for my family. (especially DH!) So, to keep the peace, which has always been my role, we stay put. If I ever do a solo trip or a mother daughter trip, a split stay might be in our future!
I asked my DD to do some research and add her opinion, and she very thoughtfully came back to me with her preference. BCV seems like I would be doing less walking, so she wants whichever one would be less physically demanding for me. :)
From what I've read there's not a huge difference, but I thought that was sweet.
A new thought came to me yesterday as I was looking at an old link that showed BWI decorated for Halloween and very in the spirit. Could that be a difference between BW and BC?

There are showers and lockers at the health club and we, like you, spend part of our last day at the pool. We have availed ourselves of those locker rooms without any issues. In fact, we take our swim bags down to the lockers in the early a.m. after checking our other bags and utilize the locker room for changing before pool time/showering after. Sure wish Beach Club had such a facility. :headache:

Thanks so much and I definitely agree about the Beach Club. As much as I love that resort I hate the fact there are no showers that a guest can use. Counting down and soooo excited for our first BWI stay... creepy clown and all :D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter