Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We're getting so close -- 5 more days! As usual, I'm thinking about every detail and now I'm wondering if we'd rather have a 3rd floor room (we're staying deluxe room CL). I requested 4th floor near lounge, but now I'm thinking we'd rather have a private and larger balcony on the 3rd floor versus a not-so-private and smaller balcony on the 4th floor. Has anyone stayed on both 3rd and 4th floors and have an opinion? Thx!
I'm having the same dilemma! We wont be going until Christmas time though. Please tell us what you think when you get there and pictures. I love the BWI CL and will be bringing my older sister and niece for a part of this trip so it's the first time we have needed the extra room of the Deluxe rooms. Have a GREAT time!

I'm having the same dilemma! We wont be going until Christmas time though. Please tell us what you think when you get there and pictures. I love the BWI CL and will be bringing my older sister and niece for a part of this trip so it's the first time we have needed the extra room of the Deluxe rooms. Have a GREAT time!

Thanks! I will take lots of pictures (especially of the lounge food:)). I did request 4th floor near lounge, but I'm going with the mindset that if I don't get my request, it's ok because maybe we'll like the 3rd floor better due to the larger and private balcony. We're staying there 3 nights and then moving to the Poly CL for 4 nights. Can't wait!

Playing catch-up after DD's graduation and vacation...Happy trips and planning to everyone!

thanks, all of this talk of potato soup and tomato soup has us excited!

That would have made a great tag...

Not today. We have a birthday soon and then our anniversary in October. I may wait till we are there for our anniversary (we are at Beach Club Villas) and say I can't wait till we stay there in May. I got that look from him when I said I have an important question about our trip in September last weekend. He would give a look "like really". I already got the magnet in with important dates. It is in plain sight. Lets see if he sees it. :rolleyes1

Don't worry, your secret is safe. You could probably write it in Sharpie on every plate in the house and he wouldn't notice.

Our recent stay at BWI (6/8 - 6/15) This was our second stay at BWI.

We did online check in and was greeted the minute we stepped off ME with a person with a computer asking if we did online checkin. We REALLY wanted to get inside as we had been up since 3 am and we were hot. So we said yes and moved inside. He followed us and said our room wasn't ready but they would text us. I really missed checking in and having someone say Welcome home!! I did go to the front desk to get my dd a birthday button and asked for an information packet but there wasn't anything spectacular in it. It just wasn't exciting not doing in person check in.

We were in room 4296 standard room. I didn't make any room requests. We just aren't in the room that much to really care how far it is from the elevator, what floor, the view, etc. It was a nice room. We faced the quiet pool area and our view was a huge tree.

The room was nice. I missed the clock radio and kept meaning to call to see if we could get one but we normally didn't get back to the room until midnight so never did call. No complaints about housekeeping. First time we didn't get any towel animals but they did move DD's stuffed animal around the room. Loved all the charging ports.

Not really bothered by the construction. The pool was nice - one day the water was TOO warm and it wasn't as refreshing as we wanted it to be. It was hot that day and everyone was huddled in the pool's shady area. DD loved the clown slide. I really like the pool bar.

We watched Star Wars one evening on the lawn. We had ice cream at the new place and it was good but expensive. I don't think their milkshakes are worth $8. Service was slow - 4 people behind the counter but only one was scooping (and there was a long line). We went to the Fountain at the Dolphin and loved it there. We got cupcakes and eclairs at the bakery. YUM!

Two nights it rained and the entertainment moved inside which was interesting. Side note - the boardwalk gets really slippery when wet. I was wearing flip flops as was DD and we both slid all over the place.

Loved walking to HS and Epcot. We averaged 12-15 miles a day according to my Fitbit.

We walked to the gas station right by BWI and got a case of water and 4 qts of milk for around $12. People who work there are super nice.

It was a nice stay and if we got a good rate we would stay there again. Oh - loved the screens at the bus stop with the arrival times of the busses. That was new to us.

Thank you, @GC&S for posting your thorough review:)

Hey WDWKOOK would you please put us down for our first trip to BWI CL November 27-Dec 2! Can't wait to celebrate!

I sure will, @got15!

Even tho it's 306 days away I am so excited to be back home April 24 to May 6th!!! Our last visit was in January for our DGs first trip. We used our points for a standard room and got upgraded to a 1 bedroom! It was such a great room overlooking Luna and also seeing the fireworks from HS. Corner room with a large balcony. Love everything about this resort and CANNOT wait, will just keep reading all of your posts as the anticipation is almost as much fun (almost......) As actually being there!

You're right, anticipation is half the fun! I hope you get your favorite villa.

And you can put me down for November 16-20 . . . our first stay at the Boardwalk made possible by free dining! :thumbsup2 It will be me, DH, and another couple.

Congratulations on booking your first stay at BWI, @lacy1101!

Kook I forgot to ask can you put us down for next June 30-July 9 2017. Thanks!!

Consider it done:)

Hi, can you put us down for June 30-July 8 for DH & I? It's for our 21st Wedding Anniversary, yay!

Happy (almost) anniversary! I'll log your dates:)

My new amazing wife and I are going in 21 days. So pumped cottage garden room club level Woot... Keep the posts going I love it.

I hope you have a magical stay with your NAW and it's even fewer days now:)

Almost to our little taste of BWI, 1 night before our YC stay. Does anyone know current pool hours? We are only going to be at BW from 9:00 pm- 10:30 am, so will swim whatever hours are open out of those! Have to find out if it is love or not love the clown slide for us!

I checked the current calendar and pool hours aren't listed. Hopefully, someone will correct me, but in the summer it should be open until 10:00 - 11:00 and re-open around 9:00, but I'm not certain.

hey WDWKOOK, I miss the tag fairy! (especially in light of my tag being 10 years old!)

On Disney website flying fish dates show "blue" beginning mid august, however I've been checking as I want to book an ADR there for early december, but have not been able to book as of yet. Anyone else able to book there?

Don't worry, your secret is safe. You could probably write it in Sharpie on every plate in the house and he wouldn't notice.

LOL. Our anniversary trip just got even better. Our four night trip is now seven. One night in South Florida with family and two nights at Saratoga. One of those nights being my birthday. I didn't even have to think what park I wanted to be in that day ----- MK. Too bad CRT or Be Our Guest not available for dinner.

Last edited:

hey WDWKOOK, I miss the tag fairy! (especially in light of my tag being 10 years old!)

You can insert your own tag like I did...self-tagification;)

LOL. Our anniversary trip just got even better. Our four night trip is now seven. One night in South Florida with family and two nights at Saratoga. One of those nights being my birthday. I didn't even have to think what park I wanted to be in that day ----- MK. Too bad not CRT or Be Our Guest available for dinner.

Adding more days is fabulous and celebrating your birthday at MK will be memorable. Don't give up yet on the ADRs. How about a meal there other than dinner or dinner right next door at CA Grill?

Adding more days is fabulous and celebrating your birthday at MK will be memorable. Don't give up yet on the ADRs. How about a meal there other than dinner or dinner right next door at CA Grill?

That is a possibility. I grabbed Tonys in MK already just to have something. Already have two other meals at MK during the trip (BOG lunch and Skippers Canteen for dinner).

According to AllEars, the renovation of Flying Fish has changed its end date from "September 30" to "through summer 2016."

On Disney website flying fish dates show "blue" beginning mid august, however I've been checking as I want to book an ADR there for early december, but have not been able to book as of yet. Anyone else able to book there?

We're staying from 8/14-22, and might nightly try to walk-up and see if they are opening or soft-opening. We've eaten here for our Anniversary dinner for 5 years now, and this is our 10th anniversary. We'd hate to see the tradition broken. I'm hoping that the fact that it's "blue" for mid-August means that's their target, but they just haven't pulled the trigger to officially open it for ADRs. I know I'll be checking daily!

Hi everyone, thanks for this super helpful thread! We are visiting later this summer and I'm wondering about room requests (BWI). My main criteria are convenience to the clown pool and the transportation buses and walking paths. We will have a large double stroller. It looks like the lobby is not on the ground floor but on the second floor? What about the hallways to the buses, pool, and walking paths to HS/Epcot?

Do the ground floor have walkout patios like CR garden wing that may be convenient to get places?

Thanks in advance!

According to AllEars, the renovation of Flying Fish has changed its end date from "September 30" to "through summer 2016."

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2 And many congrats to you and your graduate!!! :goodvibes

LOL. Our anniversary trip just got even better. Our four night trip is now seven. One night in South Florida with family and two nights at Saratoga. One of those nights being my birthday. I didn't even have to think what park I wanted to be in that day ----- MK. Too bad CRT or Be Our Guest not available for dinner.

:woohoo: Nothing like celebrating your birthday at WDW...Keep trying about the dinner....we have been able to snag BOG dinner ressies even up to a week before our trip....Seems that at about one month out reservations seem to open up?? Best of luck! :wizard:

We are at 31!!!!!!!!!! And only 20 more shifts to work!
Congrats on DDs graduation :hug: and :sad:(why do they grow so fast)

:dance3: Doing the happy dance for you!!!! See ya real soon!! :goodvibes

Woo Hoo! My waitlist came through for our December trip, combine that with out stay in October, that'll be 12 days at BWV this fall.

That's terrific :thumbsup2....I was wondering hwo often those wait lists actually do open up...

We're staying from 8/14-22, and might nightly try to walk-up and see if they are opening or soft-opening. We've eaten here for our Anniversary dinner for 5 years now, and this is our 10th anniversary. We'd hate to see the tradition broken. I'm hoping that the fact that it's "blue" for mid-August means that's their target, but they just haven't pulled the trigger to officially open it for ADRs. I know I'll be checking daily!

Hope that you get to keep your tradition Scott :goodvibes ...Please keep us posted around here...We are hoping to book FF during out August trip as well...

BTW...page two rescue!!!! :wave2:

That's terrific :thumbsup2....I was wondering hwo often those wait lists actually do open up...

I don't think I've ever had a problem getting a waitlist to come through. It helps that it's a relatively short trip and I needed to only fill in two of the days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter