Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hello,

I am considering a stay at the Boardwalk in November and was looking for information regarding what is available in the morning for a quick breakfast and where mugs can be refilled. I found the following on page 1, but am a little confused as to whether any of these locations are located inside the hotel.

"DRINK REFILLS are available at BoardWalk Bakery, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Leaping Horse Libations. Coffee, Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite refills are available at Belle Vue Lounge. Thank you to ChristianR for the location update."

This is really different from any other place I have stayed and seems a bit inconvenient. Also, how early in the morning can you get coffee at these locations and how late at night, can you get a soda?

Thanks.

In case anyone is interested, I just saw this over on the DVC Resorts board regarding the Screen Door:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/changes-at-bw-screen-door.3490827/

Thanks for that info....I ha just mentioned what a great collection of stores that I think the Screen Door is...:goodvibesSounds like they are adding even more mechandise..Sadly tho...this is not an equal replacement for Seashore Sweets...

:hug: Back atcha my friend :)

We made it an even Poly/BWI split. Everyone approves...and I CAN do it (I hope :) ) :hug:

You are just soooo funny!!! I can't keep up...I'm confused...lol... Good choices tho!!! :dance3: I know its gonna be a great split!

~Boardwalk Ballyhoo Tour question ...Was just fine tuning our itinerary...and looking up what days this is available during our trip...and I cant find it listed on the WDW website...:eek::eek: ..Anyone happen to know why??????????????????? I sure hope that they didn't discontinue it....:confused:

marie8461 Bellevue lounge is a hidden gem for morning breakfast IMO....Serves some delicious coffee...and a nice variety of muffins, yogurt, fruit and even has a toasting station for bagels that you can purchase...I did see folks in there with their refillable mugs in the AM..but am not sure what was available as far as soft drink go....

Last edited:

~Boardwalk Ballyhoo Tour question ...Was just fine tuning our itinerary...and looking up what days this is available during our trip...and I cant find it listed on the WDW website...:eek::eek: ..Anyone happen to know why??????????????????? I sure hope that they didn't discontinue it....:confused:

Not sure all the days. I know it is offered on Wednesday. Be in the Bellevue Lounge 15 minutes before 9:00 AM.

We'll be there in June (5th). Our first summer trip :( Anybody have an update on how to bypass thermostats?

Apologies if this is posted somewhere.......we have a deluxe club level room booked for Christmas. Are all of these rooms behind the Innkeepers door? I booked one last year but we were magically upgraded to the VP suite on arrival!!

Welcome @Teetah! I'll log your dates and have fun planning for F&W.

Comparos are never OT!

It's always fun to mix it up and love that view - thanks!

Very centrally located to wonderful resorts and parks. I'll log your happy birthday dates:)

Cheating on BWI and DW?:laughing: That bed sounds awful and that alone could ruin a vacation, but, the princesses can make you forget all about your bad back. Thanks for posting your fun photos! I think DH had the biggest smile at Akershus, too:love:

Thank you for posting about your stay and letting others know about the noise situation.

Welcome! I think you'll love the central location of BWI. Hope you have a great run!

Interesting - more comfortable, but sounds like they've been "cheapened." A little OT here, but I feel lately like just about everything at WDW is either getting more expensive, smaller, lower quality and/or disappearing at a very rapid pace. UGH.

Testing, testing…Is this stay still on?

Felt the same way as you about the IG, but now I'm thinking it won't be so magical any longer with the addition of wanding and metal detectors:(

That's the way to do it! I'll log your dates. Surprised that all of May is booked - weddings?

Another for purple?! Sounds like they're going to run out. Well, I guess I'll have to get sad Grey:laughing:

How sweet of you to book a room for your DF and you have an adults-only trip, too. What fun! I'll add your dates:)

HAHA! And, don't forget the nachos!

The metal detectors and wanding seemed not too intrusive. On our entry to Epcot through the main entrance, my wife got chosen for a "random" walkthrough the metal detector. Otherwise, it didn't happen to us in any other parks over four days. If you factor in that I wasn't chosen at all, once out of eight entries isn't too bad.

Stay strong...you CAN do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? I think....lol...:goodvibes::yes:::wizard:

Me too.....

psac, AirGoofy & gometros Love all of the dining feed back..since I enjoy hanging around over here on the resort boards mostly..:thumbsup2 and being at an Epcot resort..we really do tend to venture into Epcot for more meals ( as do most I suspect) .. I have a good friend who always books R&C particularly for the outdoor viewing..so its something that we are considering....and I think that Biergarten is such a fun festive restaurant to include every couple of trips....We are including Le Cellier this trip...its been a while...and I will be sure to come back and share our experience there....also going to dine at Trattoria al Forno....just reading the menu makes my mouth water...Well..no matter where we stay...its always about the food....:thumbsup2 popcorn:::mickeybar..(there really are not many food related smilies...lol)

Chicago Mo You are very welcome! :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to the wanding. It might be a surprise cheap thrill before the rest of the park. :lmao:

Yes, the food is part of the Disney vacation magic. We have somehow missed Spoodles and Kouzzina, but may try Trattoria one day. I don't know if it's the location or just that there are so many other good choices there. We usually try some new ones and still return to some favorites each trip.

We've done trattoria twice, and liked it both times. Not the best ever, but just very solid enjoyable Italian food. I would certainly recommend it! Better than Tony's and Mama Melrose for sure, but that's not too hard. :)

Regarding the wanding, this may be a little OT, but on one of our WDW trips, in the airport (either Newark or MCO), the full body scanner saw something in my ummmmm... Upper inner leg area. :rolleyes1 I could see the area highlighted in the little screen. The TSA guy was starting to explain, and I was like, "Yeah, I can see it, do what you have to do." And he was like "don't sound TOO excited about it!" :rotfl:
It turned a very awkward situation into a funny experience.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is posted somewhere.......we have a deluxe club level room booked for Christmas. Are all of these rooms behind the Innkeepers door? I booked one last year but we were magically upgraded to the VP suite on arrival!!

No, they aren't. Some are even on a different floor (the third), and on the fourth floor, one is outside the Club door. (We had that one years ago and liked the room in general.). I would specifically request fourth floor behind the club door if that's what you would like!

Regarding the wanding, this may be a little OT, but on one of our WDW trips, in the airport (either Newark or MCO), the full body scanner saw something in my ummmmm... Upper inner leg area. :rolleyes1 I could see the area highlighted in the little screen. The TSA guy was starting to explain, and I was like, "Yeah, I can see it, do what you have to do." And he was like "don't sound TOO excited about it!" :rotfl:
It turned a very awkward situation into a funny experience.

You should have said the body scanner found a LARGE something .... :lmao::rotfl::lmao:

We sure headed to BWV for the first time this July 19-28! I am so excited because we usually stay at Pop, so this will be quite different! I love being able to walk to two parks (my favorites) and be in the midst of the BW!

I've read most of this thread, but was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions:
1. With a BWV Garden/Pool view, would you recommend any room requests? The only room request we ever make at Pop is a King bed, and I know that's not an option at BWV.
2. How are the busses to AK? I have an ADR for Tusker House at 8:30 am before park opening st 9:00. Will the busses start running early enough and be efficient enough?
3. If EPCOT doesn't open until 9, how early will they let you into IG? How about if I have an ADR at Garden Grill for 8:30 am?
4. How many people actually walk to HS? Especially in July!

Thanks everyone!

No, they aren't. Some are even on a different floor (the third), and on the fourth floor, one is outside the Club door. (We had that one years ago and liked the room in general.). I would specifically request fourth floor behind the club door if that's what you would like!

Thank you, that's what I'll do.

We sure headed to BWV for the first time this July 19-28! I am so excited because we usually stay at Pop, so this will be quite different! I love being able to walk to two parks (my favorites) and be in the midst of the BW!

I've read most of this thread, but was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions:
1. With a BWV Garden/Pool view, would you recommend any room requests? The only room request we ever make at Pop is a King bed, and I know that's not an option at BWV.
2. How are the busses to AK? I have an ADR for Tusker House at 8:30 am before park opening st 9:00. Will the busses start running early enough and be efficient enough?
3. If EPCOT doesn't open until 9, how early will they let you into IG? How about if I have an ADR at Garden Grill for 8:30 am?

Thanks everyone!

1. That depends upon your preference--we really enjoy the Village Green view. On a higher floor you get to see the higher Illuminations fireworks and it's a decent view of the Boardwalk area. We really like the lobby level floor, Village Green view near the lobby, but that is us. You may prefer a view of the pool(s)--clown pool or community hall area pool.
2. We found the buses to AK fine and if you are there early enough, you should have no problem with your 8:30 a.m. ADR--allow an hour before your ADR time although Disney would tell you 90 minutes. The bus will be running early enough for your ADR.
3. They will allow you entry through IG for your 8:30 ADR at Garden Grill. How early is up to the discretion of the security guys at the gate. Be sure to approach them and let them know you have an ADR. I would say 8:00 a.m. would probably get you entrance.
4. The walk to DHS is never that busy, but we walk it even in the heat of summer. :)

Any updates on Flying Fish? Does "later this year" mean Nov.-Dec. or is there any chance it might be done sooner?

Our first stay at BWV will be 9/18 to 9/24, and I think it would be our go-to first choice if it were open. How long of a wait is typical at ESPN/Big River for dinner mid-Sept.?

Also, is it shorter to walk to the Fountain for ice cream instead of B&C? Thinking the new ice cream venue (if that's what's coming) likely won't be open yet either.

Totally excited about BWV and Epcot F&W!!

In April, we will be a group of 3 families staying in 3 studios, 1 Garden View, 2 standard view. My 1 daughter will be a single parent with 3 kids (ages 8-6-6). What is the best way to try to get the rooms as close together as possible? I have linked the reservation with MS, but this is not a guarantee.

In April, we will be a group of 3 families staying in 3 studios, 1 Garden View, 2 standard view. My 1 daughter will be a single parent with 3 kids (ages 8-6-6). What is the best way to try to get the rooms as close together as possible? I have linked the reservation with MS, but this is not a guarantee.

There's nothing else you can do besides linking them as "traveling with" and then requesting they be close to each other.

Hello,

I am considering a stay at the Boardwalk in November and was looking for information regarding what is available in the morning for a quick breakfast and where mugs can be refilled. I found the following on page 1, but am a little confused as to whether any of these locations are located inside the hotel.

"DRINK REFILLS are available at BoardWalk Bakery, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Leaping Horse Libations. Coffee, Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite refills are available at Belle Vue Lounge. Thank you to ChristianR for the location update."

This is really different from any other place I have stayed and seems a bit inconvenient. Also, how early in the morning can you get coffee at these locations and how late at night, can you get a soda?

Thanks.

Sorry I missed the post. It does seem a bit inconvenient at first. We've stayed at most of the dvc resorts, some moderates, and all values. And, the walk to from some of those areas to get drink refills can be just as long or longer. You will quickly learn shortcuts to get from your room out to the Boardwalk.

Thanks everyone!

Buses are buses. Sometimes on time and sometimes. They will let you in IG for reservation. Epcot is realm cool when all roped off early in the AM before everything opens. They may only let you walk in one direction though, since WS will be closed. Lastly, it is a real easy walk to dhs. We are always on bwv side, so the walk is shorter, but there is a cut thru over there. We usually walk it in the morning when fresh. There is only walking and boat transportation to Epcot and DHS. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter