Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

psac EEK on the construction/painting...they need to go away in 2 months ;) Glad you're on the Villa side. Enjoy, and have a wonderful voyage!

We checked into the BWV for our one night stay before the cruise. We're in a non-BW preferred view studio, and we got a non-refurbed room by the Villas quiet pool. The room definitely needs the refurb! But it's not bad. The view is mostly blocked by the tree, but it's still pleasant. We were very happy that the room was ready at our 1:30 or so check in, which is early for the villas.

We shared a mozzarella tomato and basil sandwich from the BW Bakery for a late lunch/snack, very tasty. Serious construction/painting or something going on by the Inn side on The Boardwalk!

That's a decent location. I like the quiet pool and community hall better than the feature pool. The only problem is the bar is so far away. But, if your room is right there, then you can BYOB to the pool easy enough. That is some serious equipment there. I would have thought they would have moved those stands off the boardwalk for accessibility, but maybe they are a permanent structure and can't be moved.

That's a decent location. I like the quiet pool and community hall better than the feature pool. The only problem is the bar is so far away. But, if your room is right there, then you can BYOB to the pool easy enough. That is some serious equipment there. I would have thought they would have moved those stands off the boardwalk for accessibility, but maybe they are a permanent structure and can't be moved.

So I thought the equipment was really serious, too, but they did their magic and the equipment was gone for the evening!

image.jpeg

Maybe it wasn't quite magic, since we could see where they moved it, but still...

image.jpeg

Villa side
image.jpeg

We ate at Flying Fish for dinner. We were originally planning either 1) yachtsmans or 2) Epcot for the Eat to the Beat concert tonight (David Cook), but the forecasts said 90 degrees and raining all evening, so we switched our ADR to FF.

image.jpeg

We've had mixed results in the past at FF, but this time was on the very good end. Not up to YS from our last few visits, but we were glad with our choice. It was (and still is) POURING out while we were eating. We would've gotten totally soaked with the other two options, even with umbrellas (which we didn't pack) or ponchos. We saw two minutes of the end of a magician act relocated to the lobby and in those two minutes saw two tricks that we had no idea how he did them. So there was magic after all...

So I thought the equipment was really serious, too, but they did their magic and the equipment was gone for the evening!

We ate at Flying Fish for dinner. We were originally planning either 1) yachtsmans or 2) Epcot for the Eat to the Beat concert tonight (David Cook), but the forecasts said 90 degrees and raining all evening, so we switched our ADR to FF.

We've had mixed results in the past at FF, but this time was on the very good end. Not up to YS from our last few visits, but we were glad with our choice. It was (and still is) POURING out while we were eating. We would've gotten totally soaked with the other two options, even with umbrellas (which we didn't pack) or ponchos. We saw two minutes of the end of a magician act relocated to the lobby and in those two minutes saw two tricks that we had no idea how he did them. So there was magic after all...

That Disney magic. We had a really bad meal and experience at Flying Fish and never have been back. I've heard there was a new chef and new menu, but I haven't been brave enough to return, especially with so many other options. I did that Golden Spoon list and I've been to most of the TS restaurants. I try to get a new place when we go as well as return to our favorite. We may try it again one day, especially if it is raining.

DW and I check in at BWI in early November for a week. We look forward to learning from this thread. It will be our first BWI stay.

DW did ask me to post a question: she had thick hair that can take a long time to dry. She would like to leave her hair dryer at home, and use the one provided. For those with thick hair: what is your opinion of the hair dryers at BWI? Decent job, or plan on an hour of drying time?

DW and I check in at BWI in early November for a week. We look forward to learning from this thread. It will be our first BWI stay.

DW did ask me to post a question: she had thick hair that can take a long time to dry. She would like to leave her hair dryer at home, and use the one provided. For those with thick hair: what is your opinion of the hair dryers at BWI? Decent job, or plan on an hour of drying time?

My 20 yo DD has long, very thick hair. When we are there in the summer, she just puts it in a pony tail and I think it is never fully dry. At other times of the year, she will bring her good blow dryer. The dryers at BWI -- actually all the deluxe sat which we've stayed -- are decent and much better than the wall mounted ones at Pop. They work fine for me, but my hair is no longer thick. Your DW might be well served to bring her dryer.

I have very long, thick hair, as do both my girls. If your wife is like me, she has gone through (burned up/melted) many a hairdryer to find the most efficient and durable tool possible. Disney's is neither IMO. It's always worth it to me to lug my own.

When we were there in August, we never went to the Swolphin when we took the bus. I was pleasantly surprised each time, it was so much faster to get to MK.
We didn't either at the end of July. Maybe they were testing it. I'm so happy to hear it's permanent.

When we were there in August, we never went to the Swolphin when we took the bus. I was pleasantly surprised each time, it was so much faster to get to MK.

We were there in August and went to Swalphin every time -- except once-- we took the bus to MK. It was a significant difference in time.

AllEars is reporting the following:

BoardWalk Inn rooms are currently undergoing renovations, now through May 5, 2016.

BoardWalk Inn is also undergoing exterior repairs and painting now through May 5, 2016.

BWI rooms were already rehabbed last year (soft goods and plumbing) so IDK what they've been doing now other than the conversion of some non-CL 4th floor rooms to CL rooms. But, I thought those conversions were finished. The exterior work @psac took a photo of must be the painting and repairs noted above.

Single digit :dancer:! Just have to get through our daughter's wedding next Saturday and it will be smooth sailing from there. :cool1:party:

Feel free to post a wedding photo or two;). Congratulations!

I have to share my excitement with people who will understand.
DH and I booked a last minute weekend at Pop for just the two of us to do Food&Wine.
After our stay with the kids at the Boardwalk over Labor Day weekend, DH and I have been talking about how awesome it would be to stay here for F&W. Of course, no rooms have been available. By some miracle, someone cancelled a room for our weekend, so I just made the switch!
Can't wait to go back! pixiedust:

Anything that's adults only, or easier to do without the kids at the Boardwalk we should try and do?

Congratulations on being able to make the switcheroo!

Hi everyone, we just returned for a great stay at the BWI a few days ago, we had a great time on our first stay at the Boardwalk and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Originally when we checked in (2 rooms) our rooms were ready but after walking to and from our rooms a couple times that first day I realized we were literally as far away from everything as we could possibly be. The only request I made was for connecting rooms an a possible Epcot view, we were placed facing the inn quiet pool which wasn't bad except for the walk to just about everywhere was extremely long.

The night before we left for Disney my mom fell and hurt her hip/knee but we thought it'd be okay after she stayed in and rested for a couple of days (she didn't break anything, thank goodness just really bruised and hurting). Because of how long the walk was to get to the lobby, the boardwalk, the main pool, etc. I decided to stop by the lobby that night around 9pm after we had dinner and see if we could possibly move to a different room (I wasn't expecting to move that evening) but was hopefully we could move sometime during our trip to a move central location.

After speaking with a very nice front desk CM he found us two new rooms and had us moved that night, I was surprised it was that quick but so so thankful that they could give us a room closer to the elevators so my mom could get out and do stuff without being tired before she even reached the elevators like she was from our first room. They moved us to standard view rooms on the fifth floor, connecting rooms (5296/5298) that had a view of the Effiel Tower and the Epcot fireworks! I was amazed at our new rooms, they were great and only three doors down from the elevators. So much better location wise, it was great.

We really enjoyed our trip and I am so thankful that the CMs were so amazing and willing to help us switch rooms. I don't think the resort was at full capacity so I think that helped in allowing them to try to accommodate my request to move rooms, but now I know if we stay at the BWI again our main request will be near an elevator, it can be a long trek if your all the way at the end of multiple hallways like we originally were.

I'll try to post some pictures later, we really liked the rooms and I didn't think they were in bad shape or anything like that and I loved all the little boardwalk style touches in the rooms.

It was our first trip in mid-to-late September and I was amazed at the low crowd levels. Normally we travel in July so I thought it was a big difference in the crowds and that was a great surprise. Of course there were still plenty of people around including kids, and lots of conventioneers too, but over all things seemed like crowded than what we are used to. We liked the weather too, except for all the rain on a couple of days, though that didn't deter us to much! Hopefully we can visit again at this time of year some other time!

I hope your DM is feeling better after her fall and thank you for posting about your stay. I hope you get to book another Fall trip soon:)

ETA: Just realized that last sentence sounds a little rude, but that wasn't my intention - I did capitalize Fall;)

Woo Hoo...Just got our magic bands and getting very excited for our upcoming F&W / 25th Anniversary weekend trip :) Only 24 more days until our first stay at BWI...just ordered a mini cake and Fairy Tale Sparkling to be delivered to our room after checkin. Have reserved seats for PFTS on Sat and booked the Flying Fish Chef's Tasting Wine dinner on Sun :) We plan to just do Epcot Fri, Sat and Sun...know it will be busy but hope to get early starts then take breaks before evening plans :)

Sounds like you have great plans - Happy Anniversary!

Just want to reiterate my love for this resort.

We arrived on Aug. 15 th only to find out that our only request( Village green ) was not honored . Due to the ll those rooms being renovated. To our surprise though was the room that they did give us. Rm # 5060. 4 th door down from the elevators and directly over the walkway from village green to the pool. Perfect view of frozen fireworks/ in HS, the clown pool, and the swolphin too. We had and updated room which was really nice too.

The only drawback was that it was exceptionally HOT. Literally 110 heat index everyday and most days the pool wasn't even comforting enough to cool off. Other than that everything was great. Some. Of the best cm's at BWV as well as the performers each night on the boardwalk.

Can't wait to stay again, and good luck to all that have their vacays up and coming here.

Thank you for posting and let us know when you've booked again;)

Hello, can anyone tell me if all the standard rooms in the Boardwalk have a daybed. My boys prefer not to sleep in same bed so I was hoping that all the standard rooms have daybeds. Thank you in advance

They should all have a daybed. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Just hit the single digits today! Nine days till we arrive at the BWI for a week of fun in the sun....it's been a long wait!!!

It's almost time! But, just in case, don't forget your :umbrella:, it can be fun in the rain, too.

Hey! Finally getting to try BWI !!!:cool1:

My dd and I will be there for a Disney institute class, I assume in the convention area on 11/12/15. Does BWI put convention people is a specific room section like gf puts them in Sago?

Just curious. We were able to book 3 nights there since we have the class. Dd and I arrive 11/11 from different locations but at Mco same time:thumbsup2 She then leaves late Friday and dh is arriving Friday night. He and I will leave Sunday night. Need F&W and last osborne lights:santa:

Just need to find a room for Saturday night!

Gonna ask ds if he wants to come but my wing spreading college freshman will probably say "nah" to time with his boring parents!

I only know about CR and they put convention reservations anywhere, so perhaps BWI is the same. Keep checking your MDX closer to your arrival date to see what they've assigned you. Most rooms at BWI are Standard View rooms, but those can be any view except a direct BWV so it has a good view potential.

We checked into the BWV for our one night stay before the cruise. We're in a non-BW preferred view studio, and we got a non-refurbed room by the Villas quiet pool. The room definitely needs the refurb! But it's not bad. The view is mostly blocked by the tree, but it's still pleasant. We were very happy that the room was ready at our 1:30 or so check in, which is early for the villas.

We shared a mozzarella tomato and basil sandwich from the BW Bakery for a late lunch/snack, very tasty. Serious construction/painting or something going on by the Inn side on The Boardwalk!

Thank you for posting some photos and I hope you had a wonderful cruise and happy anniversary…on the way home;)

psac EEK on the construction/painting...they need to go away in 2 months ;) Glad you're on the Villa side. Enjoy, and have a wonderful voyage!

Sorry, looks like May 2016 for completion.

Love the discounts Disney has released for 2016. Managed to save $896, which is about $1200 Canadian right now, so I'm thrilled. Now I can start to get excited about our trip to the BWI!

Saving money is always great:thumbsup2. Just think how many Lobster Rolls you can get.

Welcome to the thread! DD and I both have long hair and have no problems with the Deluxe hair dryers.

Good news: Beginning Oct 4, the BWI MK bus will be a dedicated bus!! Dolphin and Swan will have their own dedicated bus. This was posted on the News forum this morning.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/09/walt-disney-world-bus-service.html?m=1

Thank you for posting the official announcement, @jlundeen! I'll update the TRANSPORTATION chapter with your information:)

Last edited:
Feel free to post a wedding photo or two;). Congratulations!

Happy to:

GEDC0001_zpsclsg5gba.jpg

The bride and her bridesmaids

GEDC0006_zpsv8d6dylj.jpg

Dad is really trying not to break down in front of all these people

GEDC0031_zps2fmck581.jpg

The happy couple.

BTW, if you see them wandering around Disney or Uni, congratulate them--they are honeymooning right now. :love: Yep, we will be there too, but not with them. party:

Happy to:

GEDC0001_zpsclsg5gba.jpg

The bride and her bridesmaids

GEDC0006_zpsv8d6dylj.jpg

Dad is really trying not to break down in front of all these people

GEDC0031_zps2fmck581.jpg

The happy couple.

BTW, if you see them wandering around Disney or Uni, congratulate them--they are honeymooning right now. :love: Yep, we will be there too, but not with them. party:
Beautiful couple :) Thank you for sharing the pics! Happy Disneymoon to them! And Uni-moon LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter