• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hey WDWKOOK! Its official............. our reservation for a BWV Deluxe Studio is confirmed for 01/06/2016 through 01/10/2016!!!! Will be doing the 5K during the WDW Marathon Week!!!! Would you add us to the "Swell Spot"!!

Doug :goofy:

Sorry, Doug. I stole your ticker. I liked it so much. :oops:

I didn't put my dates: May 3-10 and October 18-25
:thumbsup2

This is the hugest thread, but I thought this would be the place to post this. We saw a whole bunch of Samsung 55" TV's roll into Boardwalk Villas a couple days ago. We stayed at room 1130, a Studio Villa with a smaller 10 year old (32"?) LG TV that was only 720p - basically good luck trying to plug your laptop in to watch Netflix. It had an old school Blu-ray player and you can apparently rent movies from somewhere. So I heard they are remodeling this year, but our room seemed fairly new - as in it looked exactly like the DVC model. New single body bath sink counter, the sofa was a plush style, hide-a-bed, not a wood bench style.

The HVAC is the original (25 years old?). It also smelled musty or maybe just dusty, so we opened the door and kept the fan on high. It would have failed a white glove test instantly - no one is cleaning the tops of things in there. Still I was very happy with it. Nice big room, nice bed, and everything worked well. If you look at the picture you'd be wondering what the heck I'm even complaining about, it's really nice, but I just wanted to lastly add that the beige light switches did not match the white face plates! COME ON DISNEY! LOL!

We visited the brand new GFV, and wow what a difference brand new makes! First time at BCV.
Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting!

Actually, we saw our neighbor out on the deck, and offered it to them the morning we left. They gladly took it off our hands :)
Perfect - nice work.

Hello Dis Friends, I just switched from WL to BWI Standard (never been to BWI before). Are there certain rooms that are better than others? I keep hearing about the Boardwalk Greens rooms? What types of views do those have? We would like to be able to see EPCOTs WS if we could bit not sure what to put on the room request. Any help is much appreciated!!
Welcome! Like koh posted, just request an "Epcot View" and "high floor" (5th is the highest) and you will be able to see some of Illuminations and the Eiffel Tower.

Hey WDWKOOK! Its official............. our reservation for a BWV Deluxe Studio is confirmed for 01/06/2016 through 01/10/2016!!!! Will be doing the 5K during the WDW Marathon Week!!!! Would you add us to the "Swell Spot"!!
I shall place your dates into the swellest spot - congrats!

I think we will book a package with a $200 deposit now and then hope for a discount later. It's not booked yet, but we'll be at BWI 12/10-12/15/2015!!!! Fist time at BWI. So excited!!! :jumping1:
That sounds official enough to me so I'll log your dates in the BoardWalk Bulletin.

BWV-1br 12/5-12/13/15 for us. We haven't been to see the Christmas decorations since 2010. Can't wait for Candlelight Processional!!

We are SOOOO looking forward to our stay @ BWV. DW, DS (9), DD (5), DMIL, & DSIL staying for a week in late March. ADRs, FP+'s, and MemoryMaker all set. I have one question, though... We have a CRT breakfast ADR prior to rope drop @ 8:15 & I want to know if we should schedule a pickup for the 6 of us that morning or depend on Disney Transportation? I know we CAN take the bus, but how much time would we save having a cab pick us up & take us to MK?

We are SOOOO looking forward to our stay @ BWV. DW, DS (9), DD (5), DMIL, & DSIL staying for a week in late March. ADRs, FP+'s, and MemoryMaker all set. I have one question, though... We have a CRT breakfast ADR prior to rope drop @ 8:15 & I want to know if we should schedule a pickup for the 6 of us that morning or depend on Disney Transportation? I know we CAN take the bus, but how much time would we save having a cab pick us up & take us to MK?

That's kind of a tough one. If you take a cab to MK you will get dropped off at the TTC then have to take a boat or monorail over to MK. Depending on crowds that day, you might not save any time over a bus because the bus will drop you off right in front of MK. But at least with a cab you know when it will pick you up. The buses start running at 6:30, but don't run as frequently that early. They only fully ramp up 1 hour before rope drop. I might suggest taking a cab to either the GF then monorail or boat over to MK. Or take a cab to the Contemporary and then walking over to MK.

Questions: I really like the area of the BWI by the quiet pool, preferably in the horseshoe section of the hotel. I like how everything is just two floors over there. Am I crazy to want to be that far away from the lobby? Is it easy to just walk outside and cross the courtyard to get to the lobby that way? How would I go about requesting a second floor room in the "horseshoe"? I just booked my package online. Should I call CRO/WDTC to add a room request?

Sorry for so many questions. I'm just so excited!!!!

If you were to upgrade in some way, would you choose to upgrade to a 1BR villa or Club Level Standard room?

6 nights in June for SWW - DH, me, DS(8), and DD(4) - on the Deluxe Dining Plan with Park Hoppers (if that matters) :-)

Hey WDWKOOK we flip-flopped our weeks, so we need to have our dates adjusted please. We will now be BWV 8/24-8/31. Thank you so much for all your hard work on this thread :)

We're taking the extended family down to BWV 12/20 - 12/26, want the grandkids to see all the holiday decorations before they hit those teenage years. Got a GV and BVW Studio reserved for the group, should be fun.

If you were to upgrade in some way, would you choose to upgrade to a 1BR villa or Club Level Standard room?

6 nights in June for SWW - DH, me, DS(8), and DD(4) - on the Deluxe Dining Plan with Park Hoppers (if that matters) :-)
1 bedroom

Definitely 1 BR. With the Deluxe Dining Plan I can't see how you would have the time, or the room in your bellies, to enjoy the offerings in the lounge.

I like the space in the 1 BR and my own bedroom away from the children.

we like the washer/dryer that come with a 1 bedroom - -we can pack much less and so convenient plus the full kitchen is great for breakfast and late night snacks....and we go with the regular dining plan...deluxe is way too much food for us

BWV-1br 12/5-12/13/15 for us. We haven't been to see the Christmas decorations since 2010. Can't wait for Candlelight Processional!!
Welcome back to BWV! What a great time of year you're going and I'll log your dates.

It is official!!! Here we come BWI! 12/10-12/15!
I had a feeling it would be official real soon - congratulations!

Questions: I really like the area of the BWI by the quiet pool, preferably in the horseshoe section of the hotel. I like how everything is just two floors over there. Am I crazy to want to be that far away from the lobby? Is it easy to just walk outside and cross the courtyard to get to the lobby that way? How would I go about requesting a second floor room in the "horseshoe"? I just booked my package online. Should I call CRO/WDTC to add a room request?

Sorry for so many questions. I'm just so excited!!!!
Never a problem asking questions around here, but I've never stayed in that area so I can't speak from personal experience so hopefully someone else will comment on that area. Is this the area you're thinking about?

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

If it is, I suppose you would request something like "2nd floor, next to quiet pool." It's a beautiful and relaxing area with lots of grass and you're really not that far from the lobby.

Hey WDWKOOK we flip-flopped our weeks, so we need to have our dates adjusted please. We will now be BWV 8/24-8/31. Thank you so much for all your hard work on this thread :)
You're welcome, kenly777. I'd be happy to do the ol' flip-flop-eroo to your dates.

We're taking the extended family down to BWV 12/20 - 12/26, want the grandkids to see all the holiday decorations before they hit those teenage years. Got a GV and BVW Studio reserved for the group, should be fun.
What a great gift and your family will never forget WDW at Christmastime. I'll log your dates and happy planning.

Can you decorate the doors at all? Nothing crazy, I just wanted to surprise my DD5 for her birthday when she comes back from HS. Mainly just a sign. I know you can order the packages from WDW floral but I'm not about to spend that kind of money!

Personally I would just take the bus. I would be at the bus stop by 7:15. You'll probably be early, but they'll let you in at 8am, which will give you time to take a pic in front of empty castle. :) I wouldnt have the cab pick up much later than that, so I wouldn't pay the money to save basically nothing. And we take cabs a lot for dinners at other resorts, where you do save a lot of time when a transfer would be needed.

Can you decorate the doors at all? Nothing crazy, I just wanted to surprise my DD5 for her birthday when she comes back from HS. Mainly just a sign. I know you can order the packages from WDW floral but I'm not about to spend that kind of money!

I don't know if there are rules, but the culture is to NOT decorate doors at the Deluxes. I know from the Disney cruises for instance where everyone decorates the doors, it's a lot of fun. But people just don't do it. You could decorate the inside of the door, or maybe tape something to the inside of the balcony door/windows, where you could tape it to the glass and not peel any paint?

One more vote for 1 bedroom. Or do the club and remove the deluxe dining plan. Deluxe dining + club is a terrible combo. We thought the deluxe itself was way too much food, even with lots of signatures (just because you always feel like you want to get your money's worth), and adding club to that would be torture.

Hi everyone! I am coming for my first stay ever at BWI 9/12-9/16 (followed by AKL CL 9/16-9/20). We are staying Club Level and I am so excited! I have wanted to stay on the BW since I was a kid! It just seems like such a fun area to be in and to be able to wake up and take a stroll along the BW enjoying the sights, smells, and sounds seems so fabulous.

~April

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter