Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are coming back for our 3rd NYE trip for our Anniversary. Looking around for an adults only trip and the Boardwalk looks perfect! We would like CL. We have done CL at the AKL and the Poly. Is the BW comparable to those? THanks!

I have done CL at AKL and Poly and BW, all had their pluses, but the staff at BW is the best!

We are coming back for our 3rd NYE trip for our Anniversary. Looking around for an adults only trip and the Boardwalk looks perfect! We would like CL. We have done CL at the AKL and the Poly. Is the BW comparable to those? THanks!

I have done CL at AKL and Poly and BW, all had their pluses, but the staff at BW is the best!

Every Villa room gets the four little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion (grapefruit bergamot), and body wash. The DVC bookings gets them replaced on T&T and full cleaning days, cash stays gets them refilled as needed (like every day or just call to request more if they weren't replaced).

Great thank you!!!

Which room category were you booked in? This is a great view and lovely pic.

Studio with Pool/Garden view.

Ended up with Garden/Boardwalk view.

It's apparently in what the courtyard of what people call Village Green, I was pretty much directly above the Wyland Gallery

I am staying at BW with my family in a little more than a week. We cannot wait!
I had two questions:
1. breakfast--do we need ADRs to eat at Captains' Grill, or Cape May Cafe, or any of the places that serve breakfast in the BW area? We are willing to grab breakfast to go at Boardwalk Bakery or the Beach Club Marketplace but I was also wondering about getting a sit-down breakfast somewhere.I asked this question in the dining forum but didn't get any replies so thought I would post here.

2. We have booked a water view room. We are in the Inn--not in one of the villas and not club level. But a water view doesn't necessarily mean a boardwalk view, does it? I'm debating whether to request a boardwalk view. I have heard they can be noisy. If we didn't have a boardwalk view, would the view be of one of the pools? I did read on allears.net that a water view is of the Boardwalk or Crescent Lake. I guess I am wondering whether it is contradictory to request a water view that is also quiet. I have done a search on this through various threads, and searched the room tips for BW on tripadvisor, but am still a little confused.
Thanks for any advice you may have.

We have been in a one bedroom villa since Friday. I expected a midweek cleaning yesterday or today but still no maid service. Have they done away with the trash and tidy service for DVC outside exchangers?

I had two questions:
1. breakfast--do we need ADRs to eat at Captains' Grill, or Cape May Cafe, or any of the places that serve breakfast in the BW area? We are willing to grab breakfast to go at Boardwalk Bakery or the Beach Club Marketplace but I was also wondering about getting a sit-down breakfast somewhere.I asked this question in the dining forum but didn't get any replies so thought I would post here.
e.

Cape May is more difficult to get without an ADR. It is a character breakfast, and those tend to fill up more quickly. We've ate there plenty of times with ADR, and always enjoyed the meal. Captain's Grille may be easier, but I haven't tried.

16245892947_c37838b045_c.jpg

I miss it already
Beautifiul pic, can't wait until October!

Cape May is more difficult to get without an ADR. It is a character breakfast, and those tend to fill up more quickly. We've ate there plenty of times with ADR, and always enjoyed the meal. Captain's Grille may be easier, but I haven't tried.
Thank you!

one more week, so excited for 1st stay at BWV, we have a 1 bdrm booked, standard view. Hoping for some pixie dust for room location. Give me some suggestions for a good dinner on arrival day, would like to stay close to the BW, but can go to any resorts in the area. My DH will want ESPN, but I'm hoping to have lunch there instead!

Personally, my choice for opening night would be Crews Cup Lounge over at the Yacht Club, but if you're doing ESPN for lunch, probably too much "bar" food. Kimonos at The Swan?

one more week, so excited for 1st stay at BWV, we have a 1 bdrm booked, standard view. Hoping for some pixie dust for room location. Give me some suggestions for a good dinner on arrival day, would like to stay close to the BW, but can go to any resorts in the area. My DH will want ESPN, but I'm hoping to have lunch there instead!

I enjoy ESPN Club - draft beer and bar food - for dinner, and that is a great idea without any ADRs. Captain's Grille isn't bad for dinner (more pricey than ESPN) and usually not overcrowded where you must have an ADR. I like getting a lobster roll, sitting on the boardwalk, and enjoy the nighttime entertainment.

We have been in a one bedroom villa since Friday. I expected a midweek cleaning yesterday or today but still no maid service. Have they done away with the trash and tidy service for DVC outside exchangers?

You definitely should have had trash and towel service! I would go to the front desk and ask. You should have had it on Monday. If you're staying 8 nights or more total, it should have been a full cleaning on Monday.

Did you check for ADRs for the new Italian place, Trattorio al Forno? We liked it. If you don't mind upscale (nice way to say expensive), you can also check out BlueZoo in the Dolphin. That's the complete opposite of ESPN! :)

Big River doesn't take reservations do they? Do they accept the dining plan?

TIA!

Thanks. We ended up going to the front desk and they said yes, we should have had maid service on Monday and by then it was 6:00 PM on Tuesday. She suggested we call housekeeping. I'm usually not one who needs/expects to be waited on, but it seems that for a Disney deluxe hotel, the appropriate response should be "we're sorry, and we'll call housekeeping for you right away." That would be the normal response at the Westin or Marriott. I told het we were headed out to dinner and politely suggested she call housekeeping and ask them to come while we were gone. After all, it's just trash and towel service, nothing that takes long. If they waited till this morning we'd only have a day and a half left. Apparently she followed through because housekeeping had taken care of everything by the time we got back.

My family and I just returned from a week long stay in a standard view studio at BWV. This was our second trip to Disney World and our first stay at The Boardwalk. The studio was a good fit for my family of three. My six year old slept very well on the pull out sofa, which was surprisingly comfortable! The bathroom was a nice size and we liked the fact that the sink area is outside of the actual bathroom with the toilet and bathtub. We also liked the counter space above the mini-fridge and the little table and chairs in our room.

We were in room 3073 which is on the third floor and looks out over the main entrance. It was very close to the elevators! We could hear fireworks every night, but our room was too low for us to see much of them. We did hear some noise from upstairs that sounded like construction.

We enjoyed the boat transportation to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but the buses to Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney were awful! We waited over forty minutes on two occasions. We did have better luck with the buses to Animal Kingdom. Boardwalk Bakery was also a huge disappointment to us. We tried it three different times and nothing was very good!

We enjoyed our stay, but our hearts still belong to The Polynesian! We may give Wilderness Lodge a try in the future :)
Thanks for posting your TR. I think it'd be nice if the BWB had some indoor seating. Maybe I'll see you on the WL thread;)

Where can the rapid refill mugs be filled at Boardwalk? And what all is available at Boardwalk? I know it's Coke products but that can even vary by resort. Specifically, is the pomegranate lemonade available? Love that stuff!
DRINK REFILLS are available at BoardWalk Bakery, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Leaping Horse Libations. Coffee, Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite refills are available at Belle Vue Lounge.

Your Pom. Lem. is available at the BWB:
IMG_1874.jpg

DH and I will be staying in a BWV studio/standard view in April. I have read numerous times about the long walk to the elevators. A few years ago, we stayed at the BC and our room was the absolute farthest away from the elevator. It was a king room at the very end of the hallway on the 5th floor--closest to the YC. Does anyone know how this walk compares to the walk to the elevators that people complain about at BWV ?? Thanks!
Bumping your question...

I miss it already
Spaceship Earth looks super. Time to book another trip!

Anyone here now? We have some extra bud light and a bottle of red wine if anyone is interested. We leave before 10am so just quote here and I will be happy to give it o you.
That was really nice of you. Did anyone take you up on your generous offer?

Hi kook!!! Just letting you know I'll be checking into a studio April 27th for 4 wonderful nights!!!
:wave:
I'll log your dates, Linda!

I had two questions:

2. We have booked a water view room. We are in the Inn--not in one of the villas and not club level. But a water view doesn't necessarily mean a boardwalk view, does it? I'm debating whether to request a boardwalk view. I have heard they can be noisy. If we didn't have a boardwalk view, would the view be of one of the pools? I did read on allears.net that a water view is of the Boardwalk or Crescent Lake. I guess I am wondering whether it is contradictory to request a water view that is also quiet. I have done a search on this through various threads, and searched the room tips for BW on tripadvisor, but am still a little confused.
Thanks for any advice you may have.
For character breakfasts, you'll need an ADR. For the one TS venues, you shouldn't have a problem getting in.

In this case, a Water View is a view of the BW and Crescent Lake. At some resorts, a Water View can be a pool view, like YC/BC. At BWI, the Standard View can be of the pool or canal.

I highly recommend Yachtsman Steakhouse. That would be a great way to start off your vacation.

Big River doesn't take reservations do they? Do they accept the dining plan?

TIA!
No DDP or ADRs, but they do give TiW and AP discounts.

Thank you so much, WDWKook. I completely forgot that Cape May Cafe was for character breakfasts. My kids aren't really interested in that, so it's good to know the other places should be okay to get into. And thanks for the info on the water view. I had read other posts about water views being pool views but that must have been for other resorts.

I'll let you know how our trip goes next week. This is our first stay at BWI, and we are eager to take advantage all the Epcot area has to offer. I'm also hoping our flight from Boston leaves with no problems. It's been snowing every few days in New England.

Thank you so much, WDWKook. I completely forgot that Cape May Cafe was for character breakfasts. My kids aren't really interested in that, so it's good to know the other places should be okay to get into. And thanks for the info on the water view. I had read other posts about water views being pool views but that must have been for other resorts.

I'll let you know how our trip goes next week. This is our first stay at BWI, and we are eager to take advantage all the Epcot area has to offer. I'm also hoping our flight from Boston leaves with no problems. It's been snowing every few days in New England.
You're welcome and you guys have really been slammed with snow. I hope you get out on time and don't have to shovel yourselves out to get to the airport. I remember one January trip to WDW, we had to shovel the driveway, in the dark, at something like 0530 before loading up the car:cold:. If you get a chance, let us know how your vacation is going - happy travels.

So excited to be staying here twice again this year. First time will be in May when I have a one-bedroom boardwalk view villa and then again in October for Food & Wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter