• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I
We are a family of 5 looking to book a Studio at BWV. DVC by request indicates that Disney won't let them book 5 into a Studio, and my attempts to book a Studio with cash for 5 guests have also been unsuccessful because our party "exceeds maximum capacity." Has anyone booked 5 into a studio yet? Seems like there should be plenty of refurbed Studios by now. If not, has anyone heard when 5 in a studio might be possible?

I didn't know they were adding 5 to studios at BWV. I thought they were just adding 5 to the 1 BR units. I must have missed that release. Maybe MS can do it via phone call?

I

I didn't know they were adding 5 to studios at BWV. I thought they were just adding 5 to the 1 BR units. I must have missed that release. Maybe MS can do it via phone call?

I think the ironic thing is that the studios will be 5 but NOT the 1 bedrooms! I could be wrong on that though, but from what I understand they're adding the fold out sleeper credenzas in the studios to raise it to 5, but no change to the 1BR. I hope I'm wrong and the original announcements were misconstrued and they're adding the pull out chair to the 1BR like they have in BLT. We don't really need the extra sleeping, but that BLT chair is really comfy to sit on!

We are supposed to move from a studio here at the Poly to a studio at BWV tomorrow but they just called and told me they are upgrading is to a one bedroom! Only two of us so we certainly don't need it but it sure is nice. Had I known I would have packed less clothes since I can wash them now.

We are supposed to move from a studio here at the Poly to a studio at BWV tomorrow but they just called and told me they are upgrading is to a one bedroom! Only two of us so we certainly don't need it but it sure is nice. Had I known I would have packed less clothes since I can wash them now.
How were the Poly studios? It's easy to get spoiled with the 1BRs, we love it for just the two of us. It's great to have the extra space. Enjoy!

How were the Poly studios? It's easy to get spoiled with the 1BRs, we love it for just the two of us. It's great to have the extra space. Enjoy!

I really liked the room a lot. But the resort is too spread out for me. We skipped the pool because it was a really long walk, outside. But the two showers was awesome. No place to move the coffee table or put couch cushions when the bed is out though. All in all it was fun to try but we are glad to be going home today.
The upgrade would have been even nicer in November when there are three of us. We usually get a 1 bedroom for the 4 of us.
We did have a straight on view of wishes from our room though :-)

I think the ironic thing is that the studios will be 5 but NOT the 1 bedrooms! I could be wrong on that though, but from what I understand they're adding the fold out sleeper credenzas in the studios to raise it to 5, but no change to the 1BR. I hope I'm wrong and the original announcements were misconstrued and they're adding the pull out chair to the 1BR like they have in BLT. We don't really need the extra sleeping, but that BLT chair is really comfy to sit on!

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. My family is just 4, so we always intended to stay in studios. But, I never understood why for double points and double room size that a 1 BR would sleep the same amount.

We have stayed in 1 BRs before and they are terrific with the extra space and washer/dryer. But, they are more points and I would prefer to go to WDW for more nights or twice a year as opposed to a 1 BR once a year.

I really liked the room a lot. But the resort is too spread out for me. We skipped the pool because it was a really long walk, outside. But the two showers was awesome. No place to move the coffee table or put couch cushions when the bed is out though. All in all it was fun to try but we are glad to be going home today.
The upgrade would have been even nicer in November when there are three of us. We usually get a 1 bedroom for the 4 of us.
We did have a straight on view of wishes from our room though :-)

Congrats on the update and review of Poly room. That is one of the reasons I like BWV & BLT so much. I like it that the resort isn't so spread out. I know some complain about the long hallways, but I think it I much easier to navigate and get to the Boardwalk or bus transportation than other resorts.

Hi everyone - just booked Aug 25-29th at BWV. It will be our first time staying there - we are renting points from a DVC member. We are a family of 5 staying in a studio (one is under 3). I've seen a lot of people on the boards have been upgraded to 1 bedrooms lately. Does anyone have experience with that? Do you ask when you get there? Should I not do the on-line check in? Any other tips for staying there the first time? We would like to be close to the Luna pool, but I heard it can be loud. So excited! We are going to HS one day, so I know I can take the boat or walk.

I've seen a lot of people on the boards have been upgraded to 1 bedrooms lately. Does anyone have experience with that? Do you ask when you get there?

Please please please PLEASE don't ask to be upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom when you've rented points. You could (and, in my opinion, should) end up on the wrong side of a lawsuit.

A studio costs a DVC owner a specific number of points. A 1 bedroom costs significantly more points. When you rent from a DVC owner, they are trusting that you won't show up and tell the front desk to upgrade you - which would then be charged against the owner as an unexpected reduction in their points. You should have a contract in which you already agreed you would not do such a thing.

It's one thing for Disney to decide to upgrade someone. It's quite another to request it yourself. With a 'regular' hotel, I know it's not that big of a deal - they either say yes or no. But with a timeshare, it's something completely different. If there are no studios available, Disney will make the decision to upgrade someone and they won't charge extra points for it. But the people behind the front desk DO NOT always understand how the timeshare works. If you request an upgrade they may not understand that such a thing would cause difficulties for people who have not agreed to such a thing (and, may, in fact cause you to be on the wrong side of the law) and they could go ahead and do it (they try to be nice, which is a good thing.) PLEASE don't put yourself, them, and the DVC owner into such a position. If you're lucky enough to be offered an upgrade, yay! Otherwise, stick to what you paid for and be happy that you were able to find someone willing to take the chance you won't screw them over.

There are a lot of DVC owners who won't rent their points to anyone precisely because of people who post something like this (or worse, have had someone actually do it.) The fewer owners that rent, the less likely you are to find an opportunity to save money in the future.

Please please please PLEASE don't ask to be upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom when you've rented points. You could (and, in my opinion, should) end up on the wrong side of a lawsuit.

A studio costs a DVC owner a specific number of points. A 1 bedroom costs significantly more points. When you rent from a DVC owner, they are trusting that you won't show up and tell the front desk to upgrade you - which would then be charged against the owner as an unexpected reduction in their points. You should have a contract in which you already agreed you would not do such a thing.

It's one thing for Disney to decide to upgrade someone. It's quite another to request it yourself. With a 'regular' hotel, I know it's not that big of a deal - they either say yes or no. But with a timeshare, it's something completely different. If there are no studios available, Disney will make the decision to upgrade someone and they won't charge extra points for it. But the people behind the front desk DO NOT always understand how the timeshare works. If you request an upgrade they may not understand that such a thing would cause difficulties for people who have not agreed to such a thing (and, may, in fact cause you to be on the wrong side of the law) and they could go ahead and do it (they try to be nice, which is a good thing.) PLEASE don't put yourself, them, and the DVC owner into such a position. If you're lucky enough to be offered an upgrade, yay! Otherwise, stick to what you paid for and be happy that you were able to find someone willing to take the chance you won't screw them over.

There are a lot of DVC owners who won't rent their points to anyone precisely because of people who post something like this (or worse, have had someone actually do it.) The fewer owners that rent, the less likely you are to find an opportunity to save money in the future.

I wasn't trying to screw anyone over. I haven't rented points before, so that is why I was asking for advice. I would never purposely do that to someone. I was just wondering how people got upgraded - I didn't know if Disney had to offer it or you had to request it. We are fine with our studio, but it would be a nice surprise if we got a 1BR like I have seen others get recently.

I wasn't trying to screw anyone over. I haven't rented points before, so that is why I was asking for advice. I would never purposely do that to someone. I was just wondering how people got upgraded - I didn't know if Disney had to offer it or you had to request it. We are fine with our studio, but it would be a nice surprise if we got a 1BR like I have seen others get recently.

It sure would be nice! :-) I wish it would happen to me on those occasions I pay for just a studio. But Disney's never been that nice to me. LOL

But upgrades when renting DVC points is a real hot button issue (as you found out!) and someone needs to step in and make sure the difference between renting points and a 'regular' Disney reservation is emphasized. Cast Members, as we have come to expect, are often very willing to go the extra mile to make our vacations special and, in the case of a timeshare rental, may inadvertently cause issues when doing so. It's far easier to educate you (and, hopefully, others reading these posts) than it is to make sure the Cast Members on duty understand the ramifications. I don't doubt that you would not do it intentionally - it's the unintentional issues that I wanted to bring to light.

I hope you have a great stay!

It sure would be nice! :-) I wish it would happen to me on those occasions I pay for just a studio. But Disney's never been that nice to me. LOL

But upgrades when renting DVC points is a real hot button issue (as you found out!) and someone needs to step in and make sure the difference between renting points and a 'regular' Disney reservation is emphasized. Cast Members, as we have come to expect, are often very willing to go the extra mile to make our vacations special and, in the case of a timeshare rental, may inadvertently cause issues when doing so. It's far easier to educate you (and, hopefully, others reading these posts) than it is to make sure the Cast Members on duty understand the ramifications. I don't doubt that you would not do it intentionally - it's the unintentional issues that I wanted to bring to light.

I hope you have a great stay!
Thanks, I'm glad you told me because I would have felt awful if the person I rented from got additional charges.

Hello all! I wanted to share a few pictures from my Disneymoon last year. We stayed in a boardwalk view studio room at BWV. It was heavenly to walk onto our balcony in the morning and soak in the view! It was a wonderful stay.

Thanks for posting your Disneymoon photos. Boy, that's one empty BW:thumbsup2

We are finally at the 30 day mark for our special Mother/Daughter (7th Birthday) trip!!! Can't wait to stay t BWI and all the exciting things we have planned. This thread is AMAZING and has been a HUGE help!!!:banana::smickey:princess::wizard: :cheer2:

So glad the thread's been helpful and I hope your trip is extra special.

Those are terrific pictures, and an amazing view to enjoy every morning. We had booked a BWV view this year, but changed it to a standard view to get an extra night stay. I'm thinking that maybe I should have went with the view.

You know your rule - don't be that guy who breaks his own rules. Look away from Crescent Lake, extra nights are awesome.

September 6-11 - I'm on the home stretch!
Staying in a one-bedroom villa. Are there any updates/info on the refurb progress? Will requesting a specific floor make a refurbed room more likely? We have a garden/water (non-BW) view.
Thanks so much!

I would just request a rehabbed room, if that is more important than the floor.

Leaving today, staying at the Poly for 3 nights, then moving home to BWV for 5 nights!! So excited (but I stress out, until we are safely on the plane LOL), first ever mother daughter only trip!!

I know what you mean, I don't start to relax till I'm on the road heading south. DD and I are flying this time so I'll be like you soon, not relaxing till I'm at cruising altitude.

January 2nd can't get here soon enough. I just wanna hear "Welcome Home."

:goodvibes

Had 5 days pop up on availability this morning Oct 18-23 ! woohoo :cool1: We were booked at Jambo House which is great, but BWV is our home resort AND our first visit for Food and Wine makes BWV perfect!

YAY!

Had our waitlist come through today so we will be at the Villas Oct 22-24. I know that they are undergoing renovation. Any world on the progress?

Super excited. We stayed in a cottage a few years ago and loved it.

Bumping your question and congratulating you on booking. I'll log your dates:)

That's terrific! I'd change outfits 3X/day and do laundry every night;)

Hi everyone - just booked Aug 25-29th at BWV. It will be our first time staying there - we are renting points from a DVC member. We are a family of 5 staying in a studio (one is under 3). I've seen a lot of people on the boards have been upgraded to 1 bedrooms lately. Does anyone have experience with that? Do you ask when you get there? Should I not do the on-line check in? Any other tips for staying there the first time? We would like to be close to the Luna pool, but I heard it can be loud. So excited! We are going to HS one day, so I know I can take the boat or walk.

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on booking. I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin. I would do OCI because it inputs your credit card information and sets up your cell number so you'll be contacted about your villa status. You don't have to fill out the ROOM request portion of OCI. If nothing fits what you'd like, you can have the DVC Owner add your request directly to the reservation.

Went to check in to our up graded 1 bedroom and the girl at the front desk said we owed $6035 for our 5 nights! I very politely told her it should be on points. She fixed it but Wowsa!
And now we are waiting for our room, over an hour so far. Oh there is my text now :-)

Went to check in to our up graded 1 bedroom and the girl at the front desk said we owed $6035 for our 5 nights! I very politely told her it should be on points. She fixed it but Wowsa!
And now we are waiting for our room, over an hour so far. Oh there is my text now :-)

That's rack rate with tax??? Your vacation is officially starting...and so is laundry;). Enjoy your upgrade!

You know your rule - don't be that guy who breaks his own rules. Look away from Crescent Lake, extra nights are awesome.

I know ..... I know ..... I know .....

I kept my rule. Even thought it was a terrific view and I had MS phone number ready to dial to see if I could switch back, I kept the standard view and extra day.

Wow. That would be a big sticker shock for most folks.

Hi, everyone. I was just looking at Google Earth images of the BWI, and wondering if what appears to be a walkway next to the ESPN club is open all the way back and around to the backside of the Inn, where it looks like there is an entrance....is this an option for skipping the long trek from the rooms on that end back to the elevators and exiting or entering through the main Boarkwalk side? Just trying to save some steps...

Hi, everyone. I was just looking at Google Earth images of the BWI, and wondering if what appears to be a walkway next to the ESPN club is open all the way back and around to the backside of the Inn, where it looks like there is an entrance....is this an option for skipping the long trek from the rooms on that end back to the elevators and exiting or entering through the main Boarkwalk side? Just trying to save some steps...
That's a service entrance open only to CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter