Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

:offtopic:. I can't stop crying. My 16yr old dog, my hairy man, is suppose to be put to sleep today. He's in a lot of pain, hasn't been well for long time, & they can't help him. I'm so sad. Last night I tried thinking of Disney, it's my happy place I think of when I'm upset, but nothing can help, I guess. I don't know how I'm going to get thru today. Sorry for going OT & being a downer. I don't know what to do, but cry, I'm so heartbroken.:sad:
tsme, I'm so sorry about your doggie. I know how much it hurts to say goodbye to a trusted friend, which is what your good doggie is...it's a sad day. Please remember that you made the best decision you could to help your friend and to ease his pain. He will at last be able to rest and you know he will still be with you in your heart. Peace to you.

This is a bummer to hear!! The Karamell Kuchen is a fav but they stopped carrying my favorite apple a few years ago. I used to make a bee line for Germany to get a caramel apple with chocolate and pecans. Now they stopped carrying them, and last month I went in to see if they had a change of heart...No luck - AND - they stopped carrying the pretzel rods as well! :sad: So now I don't know where to go except DTD to get an apple custom made! I did forget to look in the shop on Main Street but I thought they stopped selling them there as well. I also want to go to the Silver Shop, but maybe I should just wait until next Easter. It was a crazy crowded insane mess when we were there and even I was losing it - not much can get between me and shopping :)

Regardless, I am so very excited to stay at BWV!

If you really want to go to DTD, either budget a LOT of time, money for taxis, or if you're doing a long stay, go during the day, and do a park in the evening. We're not normal Disney tourers, but since we always go in late Nov or early Dec, we sometimes go to DTD the day we do the Osborne Lights in the evening. During the day the busses are still slow, but it doesn't quite feel as painful. I don't know if that helps! :)

:offtopic:. I can't stop crying. My 16yr old dog, my hairy man, is suppose to be put to sleep today. He's in a lot of pain, hasn't been well for long time, & they can't help him. I'm so sad. Last night I tried thinking of Disney, it's my happy place I think of when I'm upset, but nothing can help, I guess. I don't know how I'm going to get thru today. Sorry for going OT & being a downer. I don't know what to do, but cry, I'm so heartbroken.:sad:

:offtopic: We went through the same thing last year with our cat. We even had to cancel a Disney cruise, and that was exactly when we had to do it. It's really tough. Just remember the good long life he had with you. :) Google the Rainbow Bridge Poem. I'm not a very religious person, but that I can believe. Then be open to having another new friend in your life when you're ready. Not a replacement, just a new friend to love. :cat::fish::dogdance::squirrel: :clown: (Clowns need friends, too!)

The noise level from the boardwalk has not been bad the times we have stayed here. I hear more noise from the hallways than from outside. An upper floor, though, might help. Others might disagree...

Raises hand :blush: Yeah, for me, when my children were little, it was too noisy on the villas side, even top floor. No not the :sail: in the morning, but the :drinking1 + party: late in the evening (midnight and later). Now that my kids are 11 & 8, and a broken night's sleep doesn't have any lingering effect, I wouldn't hesitate to book BW view. Timing is everything, isn't it? :thumbsup2

:grouphug: I'm so sorry. I've been there and understand how hard this can be.

We are staying at BWV right now. I just went in to Seashore Sweets and asked them about soft-serve ice cream. The previous poster is correct. They no longer serve ANY soft serve ice cream. He said that the closest place for soft-serve is over at the Dolphin hotel.
That was so thoughtful of you to do that for the OP.

We are at the BWV right now. Just arrived yesterday (4/19/2015). We were pleasantly surprised to be placed in a refurbished studio (Boardwalk View). We are in the Crest of the Wave section, room 3005 (third floor). As we made the last turn into this section yesterday, we noticed that the hallway carpet suddenly changed so we had hope. Sure enough, when we opened the door, it was a freshly refurbished room. :jumping1:

Here are some pictures:

Thank you so much! The Studio looks so much better and I love the contemporary mirror. It's great having your post-rehab Studio photos which I will put in the BWV chapter of the thread:). Just curious, did you request a rehabbed villa?

I have a quick question. As someone who has never stayed at Boardwalk...is the noise in the evenings from the boardwalk disruptive for sleeping? We have little ones, and would not book a water view for this reason. Or do the sounds travel to the garden rooms too? We would love to try, but wouldn't handle rowdy noise into the wee hours. We will also be there during F&W if that makes a difference. Thank you!

I'm one of those fussy guests who wakes up at the drop of…anything. We were in the CL room with the extra large balcony next to the Flying Fish sign.

For me, the noise negatives were that the buskers were almost underneath our room and you could very clearly hear all the music, etc… and the boat horns are quite loud. This is only a problem though if you're trying to get to sleep before 10 or you want to sleep in.

This room was about as close as you can get to the Friendship Boat dock. I LOVE the boat horns at the MK resorts, but the rooms are much further away from the boats. With a BWV, you can hear the boat horns quite loudly well after midnight on EMH nights and very early in the morning. If you're an early riser like me then it's not a problem or if you're further from Crescent Lake. But, if you're sensitive to noise, I feel that the BWV isn't ideal due primarily to the buskers and boat horns.

I'm glad you felt you could post here about your best friend. He was a member of the family and was probably so happy each time you came back from your Disney trips. Your life isn't the same without him and we understand that and feel your pain:grouphug:. When you feel up to it, we'd love to see a photo of your dog.

:offtopic: We went through the same thing last year with our cat. We even had to cancel a Disney cruise, and that was exactly when we had to do it. It's really tough. Just remember the good long life he had with you. :) Google the Rainbow Bridge Poem. I'm not a very religious person, but that I can believe. Then be open to having another new friend in your life when you're ready. Not a replacement, just a new friend to love. :cat::fish::dogdance::squirrel: :clown: (Clowns need friends, too!)

I remember that last year and wondered if you had gotten another furry friend? I love your clown comment:rotfl2:, but I'm going to assume you didn't replace Fluffy with a clown…or a squirrel for that matter? Though, there is this woman from Boca Raton who has a very talented squirrel that she, umm, dresses up in very creative outfits. Yes, he is REAL and I hope the link cheers you up, tsme:)

.....Google the Rainbow Bridge Poem....

My DD8 lost her bird recently and my brother (a MAJOR animal person) sent her this beautiful poem. It helped her as well since she seems to have gotten the animal loving gene from my bro. I'm sorry for your loss, it is so sad. Crank MouseWorld Radio in the house today, that always makes me happy :)

Thank you for the other post on DTD. I'm thinking I will have to skip it this time, it is a short trip, and we will be back next Easter so I will try then.

We were in the corner room right above the Flying Fish. I loved watching the Magician from my balcony. The noise really shut down around 11pm (in May). My biggest was the #$*(#$&^ boats. They would wake me up starting around 7:00am.

I was just quoted a rate of ~$280/night (that's with tax) for a standard view room the first weekend in November. Is this a good rate?

I was just quoted a rate of ~$280/night (that's with tax) for a standard view room the first weekend in November. Is this a good rate?

That's the price we got with the 35% off spring discount for a standard view studio. There aren't any discounts out for November yet that I'm aware of so that seems way too low to me for rack rate.

It's on the Inn side not the villas side. Sorry should have clarified that. It's through a travel agency so I know there's some kind of discount, just not sure if that was a good rate or not for that time of year. That's the Wine and Dine half weekend.

Yes but that was partly my point, studio villas are usually cheaper than standard rooms on the inn side. Are you a runner and qualify for those discounts?

Edited to add: my point in asking is that not only is that a good rate, it doesn't seem possible to me since there are no discounts out yet for that time period except through run Disney. Rack rate that weekend is over $400.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me. It's been really hard. I still can't stop crying. We had him a long time and he meant so much to us. He was the best dog, he was our other child. My DH keeps saying it'll get better and that Addison is in a better place without pain. I know he's right. It's just really not easy at the moment.
Here's a picture of him.

We are at the BWV right now. Just arrived yesterday (4/19/2015). We were pleasantly surprised to be placed in a refurbished studio (Boardwalk View). We are in the Crest of the Wave section, room 3005 (third floor). As we made the last turn into this section yesterday, we noticed that the hallway carpet suddenly changed so we had hope. Sure enough, when we opened the door, it was a freshly refurbished room. :jumping1:

Here are some pictures:

...our view...

Thank you so much for these pictures! We've got a BWV studio (different view) booked for Marathon week 2016 and these photos bring it so much more into focus!!!! :D:D:D My wife and I are sooooooooooo excited!!!!

Doug :goofy:

Hello all and thank you all for previous inputs. (Especially thanks to WDWKOOK) We have finally managed to decompress and get over our WDW blues returning home to Norway after 16 wonderful days at BWV in Feb/March. I just wanted to give some input of the villa side of the resort and how much we enjoyed it. I was skeptical at not staying at our home resort Bay lake Tower, as that place means a lot to us. But I am happy to report that the stay at BWV was absolutely wonderful. All of us truly loved it there. I have to say that the location on the boardwalk, the easy way to get to Epcot and DHS was a big factor in this stay being a hit. We had a 2 bed villa, number 2076/78 (I hope I remember right) so we were very close to the reception on the same floor. They hadn’t started on renovating these so they showed some wear and tear. But the few things like bathroom locks not working and a nail sticking up of carpet was fixed at once and we really had no complaint. Comparing the interior to BLT I do prefer the contemporary look of the BLT villas and their layout. But that is such a personal preference. The staff was wonderful, and especially my youngest DD at 11 enjoyed being allowed to run out for funnel cakes in the evenings… We rented a car for our stay and I was a bit worried for the walking distance to the parking lot, but even with my rheumatism it was never a very long or bothersome walk.

Both for location and saving some points we will most definitely return to BWV in the future. I have promised myself to try out Old Key West as well, just to be able to compare all the DVC places we are interested in at WDW, so we might just do that next winter. But if you had any doubts of how we liked BWV… I promise we will return here more than once in the years to come.
Here are a couple of pictures to enjoy.
boardwalk.png
Boardwalk2.png

Last edited:
Tsme...that's a beautiful picture. Stay strong and remember all the happy days he brought into your life.:hug:

Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me. It's been really hard. I still can't stop crying. We had him a long time and he meant so much to us. He was the best dog, he was our other child. My DH keeps saying it'll get better and that Addison is in a better place without pain. I know he's right. It's just really not easy at the moment.
Here's a picture of him.

Addison was so lucky to have such a loving and caring family. Thank you for posting his picture and drop in here anytime you feel like it. When you're ready, planning a trip to WDW can be a great distraction:)

Hello all and thank you all for previous inputs. (Especially thanks to WDWKOOK) We have finally managed to decompress and get over our WDW blues returning home to Norway after 16 wonderful days at BWV in Feb/March. I just wanted to give some input of the villa side of the resort and how much we enjoyed it. I was skeptical at not staying at our home resort Bay lake Tower, as that place means a lot to us. But I am happy to report that the stay at BWV was absolutely wonderful. All of us truly loved it there. I have to say that the location on the boardwalk, the easy way to get to Epcot and DHS was a big factor in this stay being a hit. We had a 2 bed villa, number 2076/78 (I hope I remember right) so we were very close to the reception on the same floor. They hadn’t started on renovating these so they showed some wear and tear. But the few things like bathroom locks not working and a nail sticking up of carpet was fixed at once and we really had no complaint. Comparing the interior to BLT I do prefer the contemporary look of the BLT villas and their layout. But that is such a personal preference. The staff was wonderful, and especially my youngest DD at 11 enjoyed being allowed to run out for funnel cakes in the evenings… We rented a car for our stay and I was a bit worried for the walking distance to the parking lot, but even with my rheumatism it was never a very long or bothersome walk.

Both for location and saving some points we will most definitely return to BWV in the future. I have promised myself to try out Old Key West as well, just to be able to compare all the DVC places we are interested in at WDW, so we might just do that next winter. But if you had any doubts of how we liked BWV… I promise we will return here more than once in the years to come.
Here are a couple of pictures to enjoy.

I was wondering when we might hear from you about your recent trip:). Thank you for posting your photos and review of your stay at BWV. It's always fun to try different resorts and compare/contrast them. I hope your travels bring you back to the US soon where your DD can get more funnel cakes.

Tsme...that's a beautiful picture. Stay strong and remember all the happy days he brought into your life.:hug:

::yes::

Here are some pictures:

...our view...

Oh man! I've been away from the thread for a little while trying to finish up my last semester as an undergrad, so I've been reading through trying to catch up. I had to stop and comment on this. The new rooms are beautiful!! Does anyone know how far along they are in the refurb process? Will I have any luck getting a refurbed standard view studio the first week of June? Beautiful pics J and R's Mom!!

I have a quick question. As someone who has never stayed at Boardwalk...is the noise in the evenings from the boardwalk disruptive for sleeping? We have little ones, and would not book a water view for this reason. Or do the sounds travel to the garden rooms too? We would love to try, but wouldn't handle rowdy noise into the wee hours. We will also be there during F&W if that makes a difference. Thank you!

How old are your kiddos? I have a young DD and we've stayed in BWI-CL and always prefer a BW view. Like PP, we have stayed in a room right above FF. DD hasn't had any issues getting to sleep around 9:30-10, after hearing Illuminations fireworks. Yes, you will hear noise on Boardwalk, but it's not insanely loud. Kids get exhausted at WDW, so we have been lucky that once the head hits the pillow she's O-U-T. Lol.

I also agree with PP, morning noise can wake the light sleeper. I've heard them pushing something heavy on wheels (you'll hear the clicks between the boards on the BW) and yes those boat horns. We are usually up before the horns though.

To us, the pros outweigh the cons, but if you and kids are really light sleepers then I could see some flaws with BW view.

How old are your kiddos? I have a young DD and we've stayed in BWI-CL and always prefer a BW view. Like PP, we have stayed in a room right above FF. DD hasn't had any issues getting to sleep around 9:30-10, after hearing Illuminations fireworks. Yes, you will hear noise on Boardwalk, but it's not insanely loud. Kids get exhausted at WDW, so we have been lucky that once the head hits the pillow she's O-U-T. Lol.

I also agree with PP, morning noise can wake the light sleeper. I've heard them pushing something heavy on wheels (you'll hear the clicks between the boards on the BW) and yes those boat horns. We are usually up before the horns though.

To us, the pros outweigh the cons, but if you and kids are really light sleepers then I could see some flaws with BW view.

They are 6 & 9 and most nights are in bed by 8. The one is a light sleeper and I am as well, so I think you have all convinced us to go the garden view route when we book. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter