Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi all,

You can add us to the list! We will be staying in a standard view studio at BWV Oct. 2 - 7. My husband and I are so excited for this Food and Wine trip!

In your opinion, experts, do you think the renovations will be done by the time we arrive? We were deciding between this and the Beach Club, but our TA warned us that the BCV would be undergoing room renovations. Now the Boardwalk is under scaffolding!

Assuming all of the villas will be updated by October?

Thanks, all!
You never know for sure, but I would really think it would be done. :)

Any updated pictures on the refurb. Last I knew there was scaffolding up on the main building and it was getting painted. New pictures would be appreciated.

I'll be at BWV on September 1-8. My first time staying there. Loved walking through the area on my last trip to BCV.

I'll add your trip to the BoardWalk Bulletin - happy planning!

:hug: My heart will always be filled with MK resort love, but the Pas clan loves that Epcot side! :hug:

I hear you!

So I couldn't resist the new AP discounts released, plus I love the look of the BWI deluxe CL room, so I booked it for July! We'll start out there, then move to our beloved Poly LV CL cause we can't miss the July 4 festivities there! Totally can't wait to try BWI CL -- it will be new to us, and those deluxe rooms will guarantee us a boardwalk view and full balcony, right? I put in a request for "near lounge inside CL security door."

Welcome to Crescent Lake!

Hi all,

You can add us to the list! We will be staying in a standard view studio at BWV Oct. 2 - 7. My husband and I are so excited for this Food and Wine trip!

In your opinion, experts, do you think the renovations will be done by the time we arrive? We were deciding between this and the Beach Club, but our TA warned us that the BCV would be undergoing room renovations. Now the Boardwalk is under scaffolding!

Assuming all of the villas will be updated by October?

Thanks, all!

BWV is supposed to be finished in the spring and I thought the BWI work was supposed to be finished early May. I'll log your dates!

Wife and I will be staying BWV Boardwalk view Studio from 11/27 to 12/4

Welcome to the BWI/BWV thread and I'll add your dates:)

RPC??!!:scratchin Not SL - your fav? Second chance for RPC to redeem itself? My jumbo eraser is going to head on over to the first page now...
Brandon and Bree begged for the "big building with the band in it". SL would be my first choice, but some amazing RPC pics on the CL thread may have ch-ch-changed my mind

Brandon and Bree begged for the "big building with the band in it". SL would be my first choice, but some amazing RPC pics on the CL thread may have ch-ch-changed my mind
Yep, resort photos will do it every time. Happy Super-Split!

Any suggestions on requests for a standard view studio villa? We are renting points/reservation. Is there ever a chance that we'd get a nicer view? Thinking that the villa has to be located within the "bounds" of what the owner owns. Am I right?

Any suggestions on requests for a standard view studio villa? We are renting points/reservation. Is there ever a chance that we'd get a nicer view? Thinking that the villa has to be located within the "bounds" of what the owner owns. Am I right?
If you are renting points for a stay and book a standard view then that will be the view you receive. The owner doesn't "own" a certain part of the resort just a certain amount of points that can be used to book a stay in a villa.

Standard view will get you a room that overlooks the front of the resort.

One other question: I've read in this thread about standard view villas closer to the lobby being right near the luggage loading area near the entrance and it can be noisy and disturbing.

Our first BWV stay we had a one bedroom on one of the higher floors that overlooked the lobby. It was a great location; literally like 10 feet from the elevators. I don't remember noise being an issue at all.

If you are renting points for a stay and book a standard view then that will be the view you receive. The owner doesn't "own" a certain part of the resort just a certain amount of points that can be used to book a stay in a villa.

Standard view will get you a room that overlooks the front of the resort.

I know how a timeshare works. I don't think he owns a part of the resort. I've phrased my question absolutely wrong.

If you buy "studio standard view" that's all you'll ever get. That was my assumption. My question was if there's ever a chance you would get placed in the studio with a better view.

I know how a timeshare works. I don't think he owns a part of the resort. I've phrased my question absolutely wrong.

If you buy "studio standard view" that's all you'll ever get. That was my assumption. My question was if there's ever a chance you would get placed in the studio with a better view.

It does happen, but it's extremely rare. Like something would have had to happen to take the room you were going to get out of service and there were no more standard views available. It's rare with a regular WDW resort room and even more rare with DVC.

Sorry just trying to answer the question you asked about "bounds" of the owner.

I did say that you will get a standard view if you book that view with points. So no I'm sorry the chances are slim to none to get an upgrade on a points stay.

ETA: You can always rent more points to reserve a different room view.

A little OT, but not really. We diverted from BWV this trip and are staying at a studio in the Polynesian. It may become my second favorite resort. While we have a spectacular view and the convenience to the TTC is great, it makes me appreciate the Boardwalk so much more. There, we're convenient to two parks and got can't beat the Boardwalk ambiance. Oh, and the split bathroom is definitely a huge plus. I'd love to see that trend continue as they build or convert more space to DVC.

A little OT, but not really. We diverted from BWV this trip and are staying at a studio in the Polynesian. It may become my second favorite resort. While we have a spectacular view and the convenience to the TTC is great, it makes me appreciate the Boardwalk so much more. There, we're convenient to two parks and got can't beat the Boardwalk ambiance. Oh, and the split bathroom is definitely a huge plus. I'd love to see that trend continue as they build or convert more space to DVC.
Thanks Sandy! We're staying at the Poly before the BWV this summer. Love the Boardwalk but really wanted to go back to the monorail.

I renewed my annual pass on the phone. Can I pick it up at the boardwalk. TIA

Yes, we have always picked ours up at Guest Services (left kiosk), but have you customized your magic bands and linked the new AP to MDE or hasn't your current AP expired?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter