Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

It is a great morning today! I woke up in the teens of my countdown! 19 days :hourglass I'm going to attempt a multi quote so I'll see if my coffee is working.

Never tried Bluezoo - but it is on my list. The steaks were amazing at Shula's. The only problem is that you have to walk thru the convention people to get there. We did not have a very good meal at Flying Fish, although that was a menu ago. We might try again.

I liked Artist Point as well. The Yachtsman's steakhouse over at Yacht Club has exceptional steaks and is considered signature dining at WDW. Of course, I really like bar food and draft beer, so ESPN Club has been a frequent return stop for us.

As for inside Epcot, we have been to Via Napoli several times. Buy two pizzas or the really large one and they will split type of pizza. They import water from Italy for their pizza, or so I have been told. Tutto Italia is far more formal, service was terrific, and food was great. I've enjoyed Le Cellier's steaks as well, although it is a bit dark in the dining area.

Thanks for the awesome ideas! I am really glad to hear Shula's has a good review. I'm leaning toward Shula's in the long run.

Hey BW peeps. Here at WDW now, but staying at BLT this trip. But we had to hit the BW area even if we didn't visit the BW itself. So we ate at Cape May for breakfast yesterday before hitting Epcot. We did notice construction on the tower at the BW, I don't remember anyone mentioning that before. (Or I just missed it.)

We entered Epcot though the IG, and each got a little American flag pin for the Fourth. We didn't see too many other people wearing the pin as we got further into future world, so we really thought only the IG guests got the pins. Nice bonus.

We also went back again tonight to the area for Yachtsman's. It's been our favorite signature on site for our last few trips now, and this time was no different. A little peek at the BW.

Thank you for the great pictures! Those are exactly some of the things I'm looking for to frame. DH and I have never agreed on décor for the walls until he got me a really nice camera for our anniversary in 2013. We both take pictures and have enlarged and framed what our friends call "professional looking" wall hangings. I try to find one from each trip but our April trip wasn't productive. I managed a couple of collages but no big prints. Again thanks for the preview of our home away from home soon.

I have heard BW Villas are being refurbished but it is on the opposite side of where we will be staying.

We ate at four signatures this week, we would rank them in the same order they've been in on past trips

Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Narcoossee's
Citricos
California Grill

For the Epcot resort area, I would put Bluezoo under Narcoossee's, and Flying Fish under Citricos. We would put Artist Point somewhere in the middle of that jumble. In Epcot, our favorite is Teppan Edo. It's a solid restaurant, not as good as the signatures, but it's very enjoyable. We liked Trattoria al Forno the one time we tried it (opening night!), but I don't know how it's evolved since then. Also agreed ESPN is enjoyable for a casual burger night. Sometimes you need those! :) Enjoy!

Substitute Artist Point for Yachtsman and that is exactly where we eat. When we stray from the monorail, it would be to Jiko at AKL. I have not considered Italian though. Thank you for the suggestion!

We are trying to work ourselves into trying Yachtsman again. We had a REALLY bad experience at Yachtsman back in 2011. It was SO bad one of us will mention it, look at each other, then both say Nope!

Just back from our BWI Deluxe club level stay. The room was perfect. We had a beautiful view of the boardwalk and could see the HS fireworks. I love the changes to the club. The Nespresso machine and fridge are a great addition. And yes they do stock the fridge with little bottles of water. The food offerings throughout the day were wonderful. Morning offerings included oatmeal, bagels assorted cheeses and cereal everyday. They alternated between assorted sliced meats & Lox. As well as mini muffins, croissants, pbj pinwheels and more. We weren't really around much for afternoon snack but the day we were they had cookies, chips and make your own trail mix. Some of the evening offerings included cheese and sliced meats cream of potato or tomato soup, braised short ribs, shrimp wrapped in salmon, and something with lobster in it. We were never around for dessert.

Thank you for the review of your stay. I don't think I've read anything negative recently about BWI. The lounge sounds wonderful. I hope they don't mind me snapping pictures! I remember when I took them in AKL I managed (or she managed) to get one poor lady in every single one.

You two have me questioning Flying Fish, but it's so convenient to BWI and the decor looks interesting, so I guess I'll give it a chance. I would try Le Cellier, but DH doesn't eat steak, which is why we haven't been to Yachtsman's...obviously DH didn't get steak at Shula's-lol. I'm really looking forward to spending more time in the countries since the kids won't be with us and we'll be on the Epcot side:)

Dispro I should say the food was good at Flying Fish. We did the Chef's Wine Dinner and had zero interaction with any of the Chefs working there. The servers kept offering wine and saying the Chef would be out soon but that never happened. I think the noise was partly because the kitchen was open so it compounded itself with people talking louder to be heard throughout the restaurant. I just wouldn't pick it again for an anniversary dinner. I recommend you try it for yourself though!

So you like Bluezoo better than Flying Fish? Is it close to BWI? I guess I need to check that one out...is it a signature? We love Narcoossee's not only for the good food but also for the view, like Cali Grill, but we are eating at both of those in October so I want to try something different.

We walked past Bluezoo in April when we did our "self tour" of Swan and Dolphin. I would describe it as a really upscale Flying Fish from peeking inside.

That's close enough to BWI. Thanks, I'll check it out! I've heard of the restaurant, but I don't know anyone who has eaten there...we're GF regulars who tend to eat at the same restaurants all the time, but we're trying to mix it up a bit!

This is just like us! We have our favorites and rarely try anything else. Especially if it's not easily reached (like EPCOT from MK area). Let's hope I can convince DH to shake things up a bit!

Liz

It is a great morning today! I woke up in the teens of my countdown! 19 days :hourglass I'm going to attempt a multi quote so I'll see if my coffee is working.

Thanks for the awesome ideas! I am really glad to hear Shula's has a good review. I'm leaning toward Shula's in the long run.

Thank you for the great pictures! Those are exactly some of the things I'm looking for to frame. DH and I have never agreed on décor for the walls until he got me a really nice camera for our anniversary in 2013. We both take pictures and have enlarged and framed what our friends call "professional looking" wall hangings. I try to find one from each trip but our April trip wasn't productive. I managed a couple of collages but no big prints. Again thanks for the preview of our home away from home soon.

I have heard BW Villas are being refurbished but it is on the opposite side of where we will be staying.

Substitute Artist Point for Yachtsman and that is exactly where we eat. When we stray from the monorail, it would be to Jiko at AKL. I have not considered Italian though. Thank you for the suggestion!

We are trying to work ourselves into trying Yachtsman again. We had a REALLY bad experience at Yachtsman back in 2011. It was SO bad one of us will mention it, look at each other, then both say Nope!

Thank you for the review of your stay. I don't think I've read anything negative recently about BWI. The lounge sounds wonderful. I hope they don't mind me snapping pictures! I remember when I took them in AKL I managed (or she managed) to get one poor lady in every single one.

Dispro I should say the food was good at Flying Fish. We did the Chef's Wine Dinner and had zero interaction with any of the Chefs working there. The servers kept offering wine and saying the Chef would be out soon but that never happened. I think the noise was partly because the kitchen was open so it compounded itself with people talking louder to be heard throughout the restaurant. I just wouldn't pick it again for an anniversary dinner. I recommend you try it for yourself though!

We walked past Bluezoo in April when we did our "self tour" of Swan and Dolphin. I would describe it as a really upscale Flying Fish from peeking inside.

This is just like us! We have our favorites and rarely try anything else. Especially if it's not easily reached (like EPCOT from MK area). Let's hope I can convince DH to shake things up a bit!

Liz
My DH has eaten at several restaurants like Jiko and Shula's on business trips so I kinda get cheated:( I mentioned Jiko, and he wasn't interested since he's already been there. I will definitely look up pics and reviews of Bluezoo since he hasn't been there.

My DH has eaten at several restaurants like Jiko and Shula's on business trips so I kinda get cheated:( I mentioned Jiko, and he wasn't interested since he's already been there. I will definitely look up pics and reviews of Bluezoo since he hasn't been there.

I hear you! DH travels a lot too so I hear the same thing. I just told him we needed to do new things or (Mickey forbid) Disney would get old. I'm really glad we're switching things up. Nothing available on the monorail area was a good thing in disguise.

Liz

Just made ressies for June 2016 at BWV. Been looking for renovation pics... Anyone have one or two?

Just made ressies for June 2016 at BWV. Been looking for renovation pics... Anyone have one or two?

I'm not a DVC member but I've seen several references to BWV refurbishment. I've found nothing official (on Disney sites) about it. In fact IPO called BWI (which I'm sure is separate from BWV) about parking and were told there isn't any construction AT the resort. The parking advisory was due to Disney Springs road construction (assuming they are parking equipment there when not in use)

This is all TOTAL guesswork on my part so maybe someone more familiar with the Villas will pop in!

I'll ask when I'm there and update here if I find out anything.

Sorry for being no help!

Liz

Page 2 Rescue

I'm not a DVC member but I've seen several references to BWV refurbishment. I've found nothing official (on Disney sites) about it. In fact IPO called BWI (which I'm sure is separate from BWV) about parking and were told there isn't any construction AT the resort. The parking advisory was due to Disney Springs road construction (assuming they are parking equipment there when not in use)

This is all TOTAL guesswork on my part so maybe someone more familiar with the Villas will pop in!

I'll ask when I'm there and update here if I find out anything.

Sorry for being no help!

Liz

Page 2 Rescue

BWV is being rehabbed, and the small fold down bed is being added to studios only (not one bedrooms). There are threads with photos of rehabbed rooms on the DVC section of the boards. Do a search and you should find them.
Denise

Hey guys! I've got a short trip (3 nights) booked in Oct at the Boardwalk. (Adults only) This will be my first time there, we were wanting a change from POR. My question is, is it worth the 200$ I could save at POR? Thanks!

Hey guys! I've got a short trip (3 nights) booked in Oct at the Boardwalk. (Adults only) This will be my first time there, we were wanting a change from POR. My question is, is it worth the 200$ I could save at POR? Thanks!
I have never stayed at BWI either, but I have my first trip there booked for early December (also adults only). I just wanted to say that we started staying at Deluxe resorts about 8 years ago, and we have never looked back. We used to stay at POFQ or CSR, but the Deluxes are so much nicer, IMO. For one thing, the rooms are bigger (BC's rooms are not that big). They also have central AC...I'm not a fan of the window unit style. I also love that the rooms are only accessible through the interior of the hotel, and that there are nicer restaurants on site. You will love being able to walk to Epcot too (I have enjoyed that at BC). I think it is well worth your $200 to stay at BWI even though I don't have any first-hand experience with that particular deluxe yet. I'm really looking forward to our stay there. I hope this helps:)

I did an adults only long weekend trip last year and BWI was the perfect place to stay. Location is key, especially for a shorter trip. We had park hoppers and were able to go between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios with ease.

I have never stayed at BWI either, but I have my first trip there booked for early December (also adults only). I just wanted to say that we started staying at Deluxe resorts about 8 years ago, and we have never looked back. We used to stay at POFQ or CSR, but the Deluxes are so much nicer, IMO. For one thing, the rooms are bigger (BC's rooms are not that big). They also have central AC...I'm not a fan of the window unit style. I also love that the rooms are only accessible through the interior of the hotel, and that there are nicer restaurants on site. You will love being able to walk to Epcot too (I have enjoyed that at BC). I think it is well worth your $200 to stay at BWI even though I don't have any first-hand experience with that particular deluxe yet. I'm really looking forward to our stay there. I hope this helps:)

This is helpful, thanks! ;)
I did an adults only long weekend trip last year and BWI was the perfect place to stay. Location is key, especially for a shorter trip. We had park hoppers and were able to go between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios with ease.

This was one of the main reasons I chose this deluxe. I'm going to stick with BWI. Thanks!

Does BWI take faxed room requests?
it is my understanding that none of the deluxe resorts are looking at faxed requests anymore. You can call Disney travel to add your request (or your TA if you used one to book your trip). If you are staying CL, you can call the IPO. Also, there are standard requests on the online check-in form you can add, but I've never done online check-in in case I am not happy with the room they assign.

Hey BW peeps. Here at WDW now, but staying at BLT this trip. But we had to hit the BW area even if we didn't visit the BW itself. So we ate at Cape May for breakfast yesterday before hitting Epcot. We did notice construction on the tower at the BW, I don't remember anyone mentioning that before. (Or I just missed it.)

We entered Epcot though the IG, and each got a little American flag pin for the Fourth. We didn't see too many other people wearing the pin as we got further into future world, so we really thought only the IG guests got the pins. Nice bonus.

We also went back again tonight to the area for Yachtsman's. It's been our favorite signature on site for our last few trips now, and this time was no different. A little peek at the BW.
Thanks for posting your photos, psac. I like that they gave you an "exclusive limited edition IG pin";)

We ate at four signatures this week, we would rank them in the same order they've been in on past trips

Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Narcoossee's
Citricos
California Grill

For the Epcot resort area, I would put Bluezoo under Narcoossee's, and Flying Fish under Citricos. We would put Artist Point somewhere in the middle of that jumble. In Epcot, our favorite is Teppan Edo. It's a solid restaurant, not as good as the signatures, but it's very enjoyable. We liked Trattoria al Forno the one time we tried it (opening night!), but I don't know how it's evolved since then. Also agreed ESPN is enjoyable for a casual burger night. Sometimes you need those! :) Enjoy!

I would have ranked those four exactly the same. Pre-rehab, I would have ranked CAG much higher, but post-rehab, it's never been the same, which is a shame. In Epcot, our favorite is right next door to yours, Tokyo Dining. But, I always take a peek at all the TE excitement on the way to the lovely keshooshitsu. Thanks for posting your reviews.

Just back from our BWI Deluxe club level stay. The room was perfect. We had a beautiful view of the boardwalk and could see the HS fireworks. I love the changes to the club. The Nespresso machine and fridge are a great addition. And yes they do stock the fridge with little bottles of water. The food offerings throughout the day were wonderful. Morning offerings included oatmeal, bagels assorted cheeses and cereal everyday. They alternated between assorted sliced meats & Lox. As well as mini muffins, croissants, pbj pinwheels and more. We weren't really around much for afternoon snack but the day we were they had cookies, chips and make your own trail mix. Some of the evening offerings included cheese and sliced meats cream of potato or tomato soup, braised short ribs, shrimp wrapped in salmon, and something with lobster in it. We were never around for dessert.

Thank you for posting your little TR. Sliced meats and lox is new and reminds me of fancy RPC offerings. Nice that they're offering small bottles of water, too. What positive changes:)

It is a great morning today! I woke up in the teens of my countdown! 19 days :hourglass

So close! Have you packed?

Hooray! I posted a link on the previous page to rehabbed BWV Studio photos.

Last edited:
I would have ranked those four exactly the same. Pre-rehab, I would have ranked CAG much higher, but post-rehab, it's never been the same, which is a shame.
I agree with you on Cali Grill! However, you can still ask for the "retro pork/pork old-school" specifically and get it...pork tenderloin with goat cheese polenta (not the disgusting pork two-ways). Unfortunately, the Vahlrona chocolate cake is gone forever:(

So close! Have you packed?

I'm in the process of getting ready to pack. Suitcases are down and one is currently occupied by the cat while the dog keeps putting his bone and tennis balls in the other! New plan is to wait until the novelty wears off then pack.

Down to 16 days! :hourglass

And while you are popping in Kook (or anyone else who has heard) and on the subject of restaurant changes:

I'm see there is a new head chef at Artist Point. Has the cobbler suffered more with this change? That cobbler is the ONLY reason I'm considering AP for our anniversary dinner. What do the WL experts have to say?

Thanks for any info!

Liz

I agree with you on Cali Grill! However, you can still ask for the "retro pork/pork old-school" specifically and get it...pork tenderloin with goat cheese polenta (not the disgusting pork two-ways). Unfortunately, the Vahlrona chocolate cake is gone forever:(

Good tips that you should also post to the CR thread, too. DH loved that classic CAG cake and we really miss Chef Yoshi's sushi. The service was also disappointing our last two post-rehab visits. It's officially off our list now, but CR is still a favorite;)

I'm in the process of getting ready to pack. Suitcases are down and one is currently occupied by the cat while the dog keeps putting his bone and tennis balls in the other! New plan is to wait until the novelty wears off then pack.

Down to 16 days! :hourglass

And while you are popping in Kook (or anyone else who has heard) and on the subject of restaurant changes:

I'm see there is a new head chef at Artist Point. Has the cobbler suffered more with this change? That cobbler is the ONLY reason I'm considering AP for our anniversary dinner. What do the WL experts have to say?

Thanks for any info!

Liz

We always stay CL at WL so we consume, on a daily basis, the CL cobbler so I can't comment on the AP cobbler, but I suspect it's as tasty as ever.

Can your dog go as a therapy animal or will you just bring the soggy tennis balls for comfort?

Good tips that you should also post to the CR thread, too. DH loved that classic CAG cake and we really miss Chef Yoshi's sushi. The service was also disappointing our last two post-rehab visits. It's officially off our list now, but CR is still a favorite;)

We always stay CL at WL so we consume, on a daily basis, the CL cobbler so I can't comment on the AP cobbler, but I suspect it's as tasty as ever.

Can your dog go as a therapy animal or will you just bring the soggy tennis balls for comfort?

Mexi are you packed? Trying to determine if I'm behind already.

While I'll admit the dog does need therapy, I don't think he is Mouse approved. I'm sure I've heard rude comments under his breath about Mickey!

15 days!! :hourglass We must be really close to room assignments and I requested the impossible: non accessible king bed with A Boardwalk view.

The one thing I like about impromptu planned trips is you don't have a lot of time to second guess yourself! Nothing planned during the day except pool time and one evening in each of the parks should work out in the heat.

I guess I should stop reading DIS boards and do something constructive like go pick DH up at the airports!! Everyone have a great Friday and happy planning.

Liz

Mexi are you packed? Trying to determine if I'm behind already.

While I'll admit the dog does need therapy, I don't think he is Mouse approved. I'm sure I've heard rude comments under his breath about Mickey!

15 days!! :hourglass We must be really close to room assignments and I requested the impossible: non accessible king bed with A Boardwalk view.

The one thing I like about impromptu planned trips is you don't have a lot of time to second guess yourself! Nothing planned during the day except pool time and one evening in each of the parks should work out in the heat.

I guess I should stop reading DIS boards and do something constructive like go pick DH up at the airports!! Everyone have a great Friday and happy planning.

Liz
No not packed yet. We leave on the
22nd for 4 nights at Riverside before BW and all I have are grocery bags filled with stuff we need to get packed.

I have 2 dogs and once they see those bags they go into a panic. So I'm trying to wait as long as possible.

Enjoy your Friday. It won't be long now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter