• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Best Kept Secret

Cdn Gal

DIS Veteran
OK- I'm a self admitted 'big geek' :surfweb: So last year I read every book, magazine, internet site etc that I could find on Disney, and cross referenced EVERYTHING with coloured-coded sticky notes so I could stay organized :goodvibes Anyway, every review recommended the Snorkeling (Divequest) at Epcot. I went back and forth because it is $140. for 2 1/2 hours but we finally decided on doing it. This HAS TO BE THE BEST KEPT SECRET that Disney has! They only take 11 people once a day and you get a back stage pass, where you sign waivers- my girlfriend who is a lawyer read through everything for us and it was OK :) and you get to snorkel in the big tank at Epcot's living Seas. Every person in our party were Canadians- our guide told us that it was mostly Canadians who sign up- perhaps it's because we're more adventurous?? I don't know, but anyway you get to see how they prepare the food in the kitchens- petted a manatae back stage (which they don't advertise) swam with sharks, baracudas and sea turtles. You also get a free picture and t-shirt. All of the proceeds go to rescuing animals. :woohoo: They also warn us about the 'paparatize' who will take pictures of you and it's true! You have to go by everybody in your wetsuits to get into the tank and all of the tourists take pictures of you. It's hilarious! You must book way in advance b/c as I said they only take 11 people a day. It was by far the best thing that we did at Disney- afterwards I booked us in for dinner at the Coral Reef where had a table that overlooked the tank that we swam in. I encourage everyone to try and do this. It was absolutely AMAZING!!! :love:

I kind of doubt that this is much of a secret but it's really great to watch the MK fireworks from the beach at the POLY.

I didn't know that- that sounds pretty good- have you ever seen the eletric parade? I remember it when I was a kid and we stayed there. This time I would like to try and see it again. I'll have to search and find out when the time for it is.

I didn't know that- that sounds pretty good- have you ever seen the eletric parade? I remember it when I was a kid and we stayed there. This time I would like to try and see it again. I'll have to search and find out when the time for it is.

Yes, we've seen the electric water pagent as well. If fact we saw it in July but we were on the monorail. I always forget about it until I see it from the mono or from the CR. I think it's around 9 or 9:15pm. You can also see it from the WL and FW.

Another best kept secret- BOMA restaurant! This march we are planning to go there at least twice- it's our new favourite restaurant! :love: If you haven't tried it, it is well worth the trip!:thumbsup2

Another best kept secret- BOMA restaurant! This march we are planning to go there at least twice- it's our new favourite restaurant! :love: If you haven't tried it, it is well worth the trip!:thumbsup2

We love Boma!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Coupons up for grabs from the Birnbaum Guide, pm me if interested:
10% off admission for up to four, mini golf (Fantasia or Winter Summerland)
15% off Behind the Seeds tour, Epcot (for up to 10 guests)
15% off Wild By Design tour, AK
10% off Epcot Dive Quest (must be certified scuba diver)
10% off Disney's Dolphins in Depth (for up to 4 guests)
20% off WDW Guided Fishing excursion (up to 5 guests)
$10 off purchase of $75 or more at Lego at DTD

your going during March break.... I have family that lives in the 1000 Islands too and they are joining us again in March.

Are they driving or flying?? It's great being on a border town b/c it's such a short drive to the USA :cloud9:

Wow! What a kewl experience! I had never heard of doing that.:goodvibes

FiryKewn if you want any more info. I'm more than happy to tell you more about it :thumbsup2 It was absolutely one of the best things that we have ever done :goodvibes

OK now I have to check into the electric parade thing...Do you think that they have scaled back on their hours (i.e.) 10 pm at night b/c of the economy??

Hmm, interesting... I'm going to have to look into this in more detail.

As for Boma... our first visit there was our last. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter