Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

Same here. DW (38 ) and I (40) are staying in a LM room in December and we don't have kids. So excited!

AJ1983 said:
Debating between AOA and Pop Century. Just wondering: Is the Little Mermaid room too girly for my 35 yo DBF?

I don't think so. My DH would love staying there, but he loves all things Disney.

I don't think so. My DH would love staying there, but he loves all things Disney.

The problem is that mine is a Disney virgin, and I have a feeling he'll be overwhelmed by all the Disney themed stuff haha. Oh well, the Orlando part of our vacation is basically to accommodate MY love of Disney, so he'll suck it up because he knows its a childhood fantasy of mine to stay onsite at Disney. Even though, I think he's really going to enjoy the parks and the rides, especially Universal/IOA, as he's a comic book/superhero/sci fi movie junkie.

DH and I just booked for December 18-23 for the LM section. We're so excited we can't stand it!! Anyone know what the crowd levels are like that time of the year? We're probably crazy for booking so close to Christmas, right? :)

For all of you concerned about the masculinity of the LM section, don't forget about King Triton and Prince Eric as well as Sebastian! There are very 'manly' things about 'The Sea'! :thumbsup2 Now my GFs and I want to shop so my one GF is leaving her DH home, :lmao: but I think a man could stay there and not have a problem at all. It's a great vacation place for anyone.
On another note, I can't believe after waiting so long, suddenly it's coming upon us and I've got to get to work fast. I am working away full time trying to make our shirts for the trip and it's more involved than I first thought. :faint:

I've got just 18 days to go! I can't wait to check into my Little Mermaid room!
On that note, my 26 year old Dh is also very excited about staying in a lm room. His family keeps teasing him and he still doesn't care. He's just so excited to see the brand new resort!

We're completely paid up! :cool1: Our kids still don't know about the trip and it's killing us not to tell them but we're unsure if we should just keep it a surprise or tell them in advance in some cool way. We're booked in a little mermaid room.

We're completely paid up! :cool1: Our kids still don't know about the trip and it's killing us not to tell them but we're unsure if we should just keep it a surprise or tell them in advance in some cool way. We're booked in a little mermaid room.

We have taken our kids several times and have done surprise trips twice, but by far my favorite trip was a surprise Spring Break trip. We went to my mom's in Indianapolis and told the kids we were gonna stay at Nana's for a couple days and maybe do the Children's Museum, etc... We got up early for our flight Saturday morning (4ish) and started getting ready. Our kiddos heard and us and got up too, but they are morning people so they really didn't question why we were up so early. I then asked DS7 what he wanted to do that day, and he said, "Go to the Museum." I told him we were thinking of somewhere else, but he had to get dressed quickly. I handed him a shirt I made with a Disign from the Disboards with the fab 5, his name, and April 2011. He just kept asking where we were going and I was like, read the shirt! His face when he finally figured it out was absolutely priceless! And off we went to the airport and had a great trip! Anyway, long story but my point is, I would try to wait until the day of because it is truly awesome to see their reaction!

I hope the first few people to stay in the LM rooms can post a trip report along with tips and tricks about staying in the new rooms. We will be there shortly after they open so I'm hoping to read about that and MNSSHP before we go. Going to be cutting it close in terms of getting the new info and incorporating it into our plan.

I apologize if this has been asked but was wondering if this resort was in the AP discounts they sometimes offer?

Yay! our countdown is just under 55 days!! Staying in LM room in Oct! MNSSHP and Universal all in one week. first trip for the DBF!! :cool1::yay:

I apologize if this has been asked but was wondering if this resort was in the AP discounts they sometimes offer?

There are AP discounts for suites in the Fall/Winter AP discounts. But not for the Little Mermaid.

Little Mermaid guests, the LM section looks fantastic! I snuck a few photos through the fence. I'll post them after I get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter