• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

They don't put the statement under or hang it on the door anymore? Then I guess I will have to go to the front desk to receive a copy - I just like to look over the charges and if there are any discrepancies take care of them while I am there instead of waiting to get home to read my email.

They don't put the statement under or hang it on the door anymore? Then I guess I will have to go to the front desk to receive a copy - I just like to look over the charges and if there are any discrepancies take care of them while I am there instead of waiting to get home to read my email.

I have always gotten mine on the door too. I heard some had it emailed, but mine never have.

Do you have to sign up for it or is it automatic?

As long as you leave a credit card on file when you check in, it's automatic.

I still got my statement on the door 3 weeks ago. I didn't get it via e-mail and didn't even know that was an option. No one ever asked me for an e-mail at check in (we didn't do online check in). I will say that they used to have them on the doors by about 6;00 a.m. (it was always there before we left at 5:30 a.m. -- except for once and then they mailed it to us). This time, it wasn't there until almost 8:00 and the voicemail reminding me about the checkout procedure (or lack of) indicated they would be on the door by 8:00 and if it wasn't there when we left we could get it at the front desk. Fortunately, my sons weren't leaving the room until about 10:00, so they were able to get it when they left.

I have seen a copy slid under the door in the AM. I get all of mine via email. I will usually look at it on my phone while playing in the park that day.

Just booked the first part of our trip (Jan 18-22). Nephew really wanted Nemo suite, so instead of waiting and risking not getting one (i'm sure that time of year will be no problem) I decided to go ahead and do it. Going to then stay 3 nights at a deluxe, just not sure where yet. If/when they come out with room offers, will all I have to do is call them? Anyone ever have issues with it?

Also booked the first leg (edit- forgot to say) of DME (gave an option of round trip or to/from). So when we book deluxe, we'll book the return. I'm assuming there will be no issues with this either right?

I know that everything will be fine, just like to hear a reassuring voice (or read it on a message board I guess).

Just booked the first part of our trip (Jan 18-22). Nephew really wanted Nemo suite, so instead of waiting and risking not getting one (i'm sure that time of year will be no problem) I decided to go ahead and do it. Going to then stay 3 nights at a deluxe, just not sure where yet. If/when they come out with room offers, will all I have to do is call them? Anyone ever have issues with it?

Also booked the first leg (gave an option of round trip or to/from). So when we book deluxe, we'll book the return. I'm assuming there will be no issues with this either right?

I know that everything will be fine, just like to hear a reassuring voice (or read it on a message board I guess).

I booked for January 2014 with no room discounts. I asked the WDW reservation clerk what do to if discounts came out. She said all I had to do was call back, and they would apply the discount. Easy breezy!

I booked for January 2014 with no room discounts. I asked the WDW reservation clerk what do to if discounts came out. She said all I had to do was call back, and they would apply the discount. Easy breezy!

That's what I figured. Thanks!

Just be prepared that there is a chance that if you book in the Nemo section, there may not be rooms available at the discounted rate when/if they come out. Those rooms sell out fastest so they usually don't need to discount them. You'll have the option to keep the Nemo room but at full rack rate or move to the Cars or Lion King suites at the discounted rate. It will probably depend on what time of year you're going. We went during the summer (but the resort was not at full capacity) -- my TA warned me ahead of time and had me give her my back-up plan if it happened when she called to modify our reservation to the discounted rate.

Not trying to discourage anyone -- just giving you a heads' up so you can be prepared if it happens. :)

ooh, can't wait to stay here. i will be arriving in just 10 weeks! husband and i are so excited. has anyone already stayed here? I'm interested to know whats its like, i've heard so much about it.

Sorry i this is already posted somewhere but I'm having a heck of a time finding it, if it is!

In the LM area, which buildings are which? On the map, the buildings are numbered 7, 8 and 9. But I see people referring to the buildings a "the Ursula building" or the "Ariel building". Can you tell me which number building, is which character? TIA!

Sorry i this is already posted somewhere but I'm having a heck of a time finding it, if it is!

In the LM area, which buildings are which? On the map, the buildings are numbered 7, 8 and 9. But I see people referring to the buildings a "the Ursula building" or the "Ariel building". Can you tell me which number building, is which character? TIA!

Ursula is 7, Ariel is 8, Triton is 9.

Just be prepared that there is a chance that if you book in the Nemo section, there may not be rooms available at the discounted rate when/if they come out. Those rooms sell out fastest so they usually don't need to discount them. You'll have the option to keep the Nemo room but at full rack rate or move to the Cars or Lion King suites at the discounted rate. It will probably depend on what time of year you're going. We went during the summer (but the resort was not at full capacity) -- my TA warned me ahead of time and had me give her my back-up plan if it happened when she called to modify our reservation to the discounted rate.

Not trying to discourage anyone -- just giving you a heads' up so you can be prepared if it happens. :)

or the room you want may be sold out! I was surprised when I made my weekly check for a discount on AoA LM room over marathon weekend (as if lol) and it's no longer listed as available for marathon weekend in January.

Glad we were able to grab two rooms before the rates were officially listed, thanks again to all here who suggested I book then.:thumbsup2

or the room you want may be sold out! I was surprised when I made my weekly check for a discount on AoA LM room over marathon weekend (as if lol) and it's no longer listed as available for marathon weekend in January.

Glad we were able to grab two rooms before the rates were officially listed, thanks again to all here who suggested I book then.:thumbsup2

I waited until 2014 packages were released to book my LM room for that whole week, and I was biting my lip nervous that I would regret not booking room only before then in case rooms were booked solid for the marathon. Guess I lucked out! :woohoo:

Stayed here for my 1st trip ever to DW in December. We stayed in the lion king suite. It was absolutely gorgeous. A big fan of the movie and my son who I call my little lion king loved it as well. We're going back in 7 days but we will be staying at a different resort. My son thinks that we are staying in his lion king room, LOL. Maybe in the future. I do want to try each room on our future visits!

I will be needing to get a taxi to the contemporary from AoA one morning for a very early dining reservation, anybody know how much this will cost??

annamorgan said:
I will be needing to get a taxi to the contemporary from AoA one morning for a very early dining reservation, anybody know how much this will cost??

Around $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter