Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does the Art of Animation resort Family Suites has a free Dining and room for December 2024
?:confused:

Last edited:
Where are the AOA bus pickup spots from the parks? We stayed at POP once and they were the furthest away at every single park!! #nightmare

There is no set spot. They change them up periodically, sometimes they will be in a couple different spots during the same trip.

Does the Art of Animation resort Family Suites has a free Dining and room for December 2015?:confused:

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but the AoA Family Suites were included in the Fall Free Dining offering. I have no idea if there are any left, but they were included.

We just finished our stay at AoA LM standard room. The resort was so much fun, so animated and bright and cheerful. I went in saying I didn't care how far we had to walk to our room, and it rang true for the first 2 or 3 days, but by day 4-7 we found the walk to be a wee bit far at the end of our days. LOL!! The food was really really good, though, we loved the fresh made right in front of you stuff, although some busier evenings it was a bit of a wait to get it. All in all, a great stay with super friendly staff (although mousekeeping could have done a better job, but still acceptable), next time I would pick a closer building though. lol
Which building were you in? Also can you tell me how long your walk was? We booked LM for October and have been hearing about 20 minute walks from room to the buses and I'm starting to get worried bc of little ones??!!) Thanks!!!

Which building were you in? Also can you tell me how long your walk was? We booked LM for October and have been hearing about 20 minute walks from room to the buses and I'm starting to get worried bc of little ones??!!) Thanks!!!

I haven't been, but I was just listening to the Podcast review of the resort, and they said it was about 1/4 mile.

Awesome! Thank you! I keep forgetting about the podcasts! I need to incorporate them in my planning (learning!!)!!!

We are staying at AoA for just one night next weekend. What is the fax number so that I can request an early check in? I already did online check in and asked that early check in be priority but I'd like to send the fax as well. Thanks in advance!

Also, I know they use a call center but is it worth it to call and ask that they make a note on the reservation?

Pretty sure faxing requests is a thing of the past...there may be some holdout resort(s) still reading faxes but I think AoA (the newest) isn't one.

Calling to have the request noted on your reservation is a better idea if you want to do that...but if early check-in is your only request on your online check-in, that should be enough to communicate your request.

Last edited:
We booked LM for October and have been hearing about 20 minute walks from room to the buses and I'm starting to get worried bc of little ones??!!) Thanks!!!

I've been in building 7 & building 9, both times it was about a 5 minute walk for us, probably closer to 10 for someone who walks slower or has little ones

Does the Art of Animation resort Family Suites has a free Dining and room for December 2015?:confused:

I was able to get a Lion King Suite with free dining early yesterday morning. All you can do is try making a reservation online or call them to see if any are left.

Stayed in Lion king last time.. This time we are going to the cars section requesting building 1 -- Good choice?

I can't remember the number, but we were in the one right on the very end. I will agree with maybe a 10 minute walk at the most. Although by day 5, at the end of a long day, it seems like a 45 minute walk. lmao!!! For that reason, we didn't take advantage of the free refill cups all that much, and tried to stock up on snacks, etc., before heading to our room at night so we didn't have to go back at all until the next day.

Although by day 5, at the end of a long day, it seems like a 45 minute walk. lmao!!!
I think this must be why I've read so many different ranges in minutes- actual and feels like!!! It all makes sense now!!! I wish I had known this before booking- I think I would have gone with a different room

I think so! Buildings 1 and 3 are slightly closer to Animation Hall than building 2.

Thanks.. I am looking at both buildings.. also checking touring plans for the room numbers. Any truth in the rumor of HS doing away with the frozen fireworks? watching from our room last year was fantastic.

We are thinking of staying in the lion King Wing at AOA I think that I think is the best! And free dining too!

Last edited:
Stayed at AOA first time this year in LM. We didn't have dining and I brought my own kettle for tea, so walking to food court etc was not key. We also had our own car and on this basis, I think LM rooms are fab. The are clean, bright, new and great value.

My stay was better than my split stay At Coronado Standards have slipped but customer relations post my visit have been excellent.

2 things I would change at AOA
1) make towels available at the pool. Otherwise you are your roll towels and ask for more. Next year I might take my own beach towel
2) the toilet paper is very, very thin. Disney could spend a bit more and provide nicer toilet roll but if not, next year I will buy my own at the supermarket.

We are driving and plan to arrive around 830am. I have no expectation that a room will be ready. We'll head to water park for a few hours.

If we stop at a grocery store before we arrive, the resort have cold storage available until our room is ready?

Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter