Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

If I remeber correct you have to pick ground floor or 4th floor/highest floor ... Personally I am glad we were not on the ground floor. The walls are super thin so you hear everything outside and the few times someone rolled a suitcase by my room I heard it ... That didn't happen often on the top floor but on the bottom it happens a lot

Can you choose more than one of these? My request would be first, a ground floor or a 4th floor for my LM room. Hoping to get one of the two, but with a really late arrival, kinda unsure.

I think you are able to choose 2, for example on our September trip I requested highest floor, lake view. We ended up getting a 3rd floor lake view just because no 4th floor rooms were finished being cleaned when we checked in. They seem to make every possible effort to give you what you've requested :)

Does anyone know if there is a map somewhere with the Handicap Accessible rooms marked? We had our TA request one with the roll in shower in the Cars Suites and are wondering what floors those might be on, not to mention when/if I do online check-in if I'm supposed to mark anymore requests such as First Floor or Close to Transportation. Will doing so take away the request of the roll-in shower (something my Mom needs and trumps anything else.)

Oh! And does anyone know how large of a tablet could fit into the safes? :confused3 We've gotten a 9" screen one for Mom for Christmas but if it's not going to fit I don't want her to bring it on the trip to keep in touch with relatives. There would also be a couple cameras and two ipods plus a pair of extra batteries to keep in there sometimes. If I remember right, aren't there two safes in the suites?

We will be in the LM rooms in May. Can someone tell me what request I should make when I do online ck in ( I know it's a way's away :) ) for the best room. Looking for something with not too much noise late at night. And another other recommendations would be great....view, closest, etc.

How well does the A/C work in the summer at this resort. I have stayed at POP and All Star Sports and the A/C was mediocre in Feb/March. Our next trip will be in June and since we like to return to the room mid-day for a rest a cool room is a must! Thanks.

We will be in the LM rooms in May. Can someone tell me what request I should make when I do online ck in ( I know it's a way's away :) ) for the best room. Looking for something with not too much noise late at night. And another other recommendations would be great....view, closest, etc.

For quietest room, I'd request top floor and lake view. However, that's what I requested with the online check-in, and I was given ground floor with parking lot view. :roll eyes: I didn't love the ground floor because it seemed like there were a lot of people walking by, plus the golf carts that drop off luggage and deliver pizza until midnight were loud. The parking lot view didn't bother me, and it didn't contribute to the noise.

I suggest if you want a quiet room, let them know when you check in at the resort that you're willing to wait for a room if one is not ready yet in the building or area you want.

How well does the A/C work in the summer at this resort. I have stayed at POP and All Star Sports and the A/C was mediocre in Feb/March. Our next trip will be in June and since we like to return to the room mid-day for a rest a cool room is a must! Thanks.

We stayed in a LK suite in June 2013 and the a/c worked very well. My husband decided that 65 was a good temperature to keep the thermostat at. I had to call mousekeeping for extra blankets because everyone other than DH was freezing.

We just returned from a 7 night stay at AoA and a 1 night stay at AKL CL. We were in the LM rooms for 5 nights and a Cars Suite for 2 nights (I booked it that way to experience both). This was our first stay at a value resort. I have to admit I was a bit nervous about staying at a value pre trip. I can't believe I'm saying this post trip but I loved it! It was perfect for my kids ages - ds 3 & dd almost 2. We had done online check in and when we stepped off of the ME a smiling CM greeted us by name holding a tablet, handed us our welcome packet & directed to us to our room. No waiting in line in the lobby! Our room was ready. Service was great there and most of the CM's were very polite. We all LOVED the Cars suite. It was spacious, had 2 bathrooms, and the small kitchenette was convenient. I'd definitely book a suite if staying at AoA again. LM room was nice but we really enjoyed having more space in the suite with 2 lo's, 2 strollers and tons of luggage.

AKL was stunning but CM's were much more friendlier and helpful at AoA I noticed. AoA delivered the bed rails the first time I asked for them, at AKL I had to ask 3 times until they were finally delivered to our room. Check in took a long time at AKL (even at CL).

So I give AoA a BIG :thumbsup2

We just returned from a 7 night stay at AoA and a 1 night stay at AKL CL. We were in the LM rooms for 5 nights and a Cars Suite for 2 nights (I booked it that way to experience both). This was our first stay at a value resort. I have to admit I was a bit nervous about staying at a value pre trip. I can't believe I'm saying this post trip but I loved it! It was perfect for my kids ages - ds 3 & dd almost 2. We had done online check in and when we stepped off of the ME a smiling CM greeted us by name holding a tablet, handed us our welcome packet & directed to us to our room. No waiting in line in the lobby! Our room was ready. Service was great there and most of the CM's were very polite. We all LOVED the Cars suite. It was spacious, had 2 bathrooms, and the small kitchenette was convenient. I'd definitely book a suite if staying at AoA again. LM room was nice but we really enjoyed having more space in the suite with 2 lo's, 2 strollers and tons of luggage. AKL was stunning but CM's were much more friendlier and helpful at AoA I noticed. AoA delivered the bed rails the first time I asked for them, at AKL I had to ask 3 times until they were finally delivered to our room. Check in took a long time at AKL (even at CL). So I give AoA a BIG :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you lived the cars suites at AOA.....headed there in FEB!

I just did ours and the options available are:
Ground Floor
4th Floor
Lake View
Near Elevator
2nd Floor
Highest Floor
Landscape View
Near Transportation

If that's what you meant! LOL!
Are these the same options if you're checking into a LM room instead of a family suite? The reason I ask is I read on a recent trip report from somebody who stayed in a LM room last week that her requests were "Lake View" and "Near Lion King." :confused3

I didn't book our room through Disney, but added our room reservation on MDE. Is there anyway to request a pack-n-play online, or should I try to call in about it? I may just end up bringing our own since I am worried about it.

Also we booked the Nemo rooms, but now I am worried about the noise. Are the lake view rooms relatively quiet?

Also we booked the Nemo rooms, but now I am worried about the noise. Are the lake view rooms relatively quiet?[/QUOTE]

We stayed in a Nemo room in April 2013, and requested top floor, lake view. We were in Building 5, and facing the lake. Convenient location, close to Animation Hall, and the bus stops, and did not have any noise problems.

We have booked Nemo again for April/May 2015!

I have one night now booked at AOA so I'm checking out the thread. :)

The policy is that ONLY bags checked through with DME should be delivered to your room if you're not there. Anything you check with luggage services requires you to be there. Reason? DME is pre-tipped. For the carryon you left they haven't been tipped yet, and they want that opportunity.

It's too bad no one mentioned that the carryon you left would need you there for delivery. It's also weird that it WAS delivered without you there, but that might have been because of the delay. Hope it's useful for you to know for the future that something you leave with them will need you to be there, even if the rest of your stuff that DME was in charge of will be left in an empty room.

This is absolutely not true. The baggage handlers at AoA do not get tips on DME bags. If the guest doesn't give them one, they don't get a tip. There is zero pre-tipping. I'm not sure where this notion came from, but it not the case. My nephew works for the company that handles luggage for DME and I've seen his paycheck. This year he has received exactly $5 in "prepaid tips" which came from a pre-negotiated rooms block and had nothing to do with DME.

There is no policy about a guest being in the room when any baggage--regardless of how it arrived at the resort--is delivered. If you drive up, have luggage assistance unload your trunk onto a birdcage, then you go check in and instead of going to your room go immediately to a park, they can deliver your luggage while you are gone. The only exceptions are that they do not like to deliver groceries requiring refrigeration while you aren't there, and if it's after midnight they won't deliver unless you specifically ask them to.

This is absolutely not true. The baggage handlers at AoA do not get tips on DME bags. If the guest doesn't give them one, they don't get a tip. There is zero pre-tipping. I'm not sure where this notion came from, but it not the case. My nephew works for the company that handles luggage for DME and I've seen his paycheck. This year he has received exactly $5 in "prepaid tips" which came from a pre-negotiated rooms block and had nothing to do with DME. There is no policy about a guest being in the room when any baggage--regardless of how it arrived at the resort--is delivered. If you drive up, have luggage assistance unload your trunk onto a birdcage, then you go check in and instead of going to your room go immediately to a park, they can deliver your luggage while you are gone. The only exceptions are that they do not like to deliver groceries requiring refrigeration while you aren't there, and if it's after midnight they won't deliver unless you specifically ask them to.

I invite you to put that information on the Transportation forum. It would be good information to discuss over there. Which is where the info comes from. From longtime DME employees who have given the info.

I didn't book our room through Disney, but added our room reservation on MDE. Is there anyway to request a pack-n-play online, or should I try to call in about it? I may just end up bringing our own since I am worried about it. Also we booked the Nemo rooms, but now I am worried about the noise. Are the lake view rooms relatively quiet?

I can tell you that we have always just asked for the pack and play when we got there and never had any issues. I really would not worry about it at all.

I invite you to put that information on the Transportation forum. It would be good information to discuss over there. Which is where the info comes from. From longtime DME employees who have given the info.

DME only drive the buses. They do not deliver bags. That is a different company. Perhaps I should scan and post my nephews paystub?

This is absolutely not true. The baggage handlers at AoA do not get tips on DME bags. If the guest doesn't give them one, they don't get a tip. There is zero pre-tipping. I'm not sure where this notion came from, but it not the case. My nephew works for the company that handles luggage for DME and I've seen his paycheck. This year he has received exactly $5 in "prepaid tips" which came from a pre-negotiated rooms block and had nothing to do with DME.

There is no policy about a guest being in the room when any baggage--regardless of how it arrived at the resort--is delivered. If you drive up, have luggage assistance unload your trunk onto a birdcage, then you go check in and instead of going to your room go immediately to a park, they can deliver your luggage while you are gone. The only exceptions are that they do not like to deliver groceries requiring refrigeration while you aren't there, and if it's after midnight they won't deliver unless you specifically ask them to.

DME only drive the buses. They do not deliver bags. That is a different company. Perhaps I should scan and post my nephews paystub?
I have no idea what is included in your nephews job or paycheck. Nor do I particularly care. The info you see here is info given to the guest by Disney. When a guests registers for DME, they are told that if they have luggage, they can tag it with the special yellow tags and the bags will magically appear in the room, 3-4 hrs after the guest checks in at the resort. I have yet to stay in any resort, any level, and have my bags brought to my room (other than using DME system) without my being there. And I have over 50+ stays under my belt. If I'm in the room, and I call down to Bell Services/Luggage Assistance, they will ask if I'm in my room because they will not deliver the bags if no one is there.
As I said elsewhere, there is no way to tip someone if you don't see them. And no, I am NOT going to Bell Services and tipping there. I pretty much over tip when I get in person service.

I have yet to stay in any resort, any level, and have my bags brought to my room (other than using DME system) without my being there. And I have over 50+ stays under my belt. If I'm in the room, and I call down to Bell Services/Luggage Assistance, they will ask if I'm in my room because they will not deliver the bags if no one is there.

This statement confuses me.

We drove last time. they kept the luggage until our room was ready, once it was our luggage "magically appeared".
Clearly we were not there since it magically appeared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter