Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for the report, dreamseeker9! For some reason I just assumed the food court would open at 6am, I had been planning to go there really early and bring back food. Guess I will have to figure something else out. I agree that a lot of people would go at 6am if they could.

I just returned from 4 days in a LM room. Overall, I had a great stay, even if one afternoon and evening was very rainy, then the last 2 days were cold (for Florida, anyway). No Christmas decorations yet at AOA, though the area for the Christmas tree in the lobby was roped off. I echo what KingLlama wrote - Be prepared to stand on the buses! The parks weren't that crowded, but I stood on almost every bus from AOA. Granted, I did give up my seat twice for kids to sit down. But the buses were packed. I don't remember them being that packed when we stayed there in November 2012. I'll write a trip report with more details, but here are some of my AOA impressions: [*]The Drop Off pool bar is the best! Ask for Dustin, he will take good care of you! [*]The AOA overall theming is absolutely amazing. The Cars section is the best, I think, but they are all beautifully done. I noticed that each section even plays music that relates to that movie's storyline! Incredible. [*]The walk to my Building 9 room did seem long at the end of a park day, though it really only took me about 5 minutes. [*]The room soundproofing, at least for the LM rooms, is atrocious. I was awakened twice at 5:30 AM by kids next door, and I could hear a couple arguing on the other side one evening. When people walked by my door, it sounded like they were going to come into my room. Even with earplugs in, I could hear the pizza golf cart making rounds through midnight. [*]Online check-in is nice as far as someone greeted me by name when I walked in the door, and I only had to show photo ID. My room wasn't ready, which was fine. But when I received the text that it was ready, I didn't get either of my requests - lake view (which I didn't really need), and I'd requested top floor - I got the first floor, which I really didn't want. I didn't try to change it because my luggage had already been delivered to the room. [*]I had a big issue with the luggage service - since my room wasn't ready when I arrived, I checked my carry-on bag with luggage service. They told me my bag would be delivered to my room as soon as my room was ready. I received a text that it was ready around 1:45 PM. I had packed my bathing suit in my carry-on so I could swim before my DME luggage arrived. When I returned from the park around 4:00 PM and went to my room, my DME suitcase was there, but no carry-on. I called and the luggage service manager said it should have been delivered already and he would have to follow up. Oh, and I stupidly put my cell phone charger in my carry-on, so now my cell was dead with no way to charge it. After 30 minutes, I asked a luggage guy passing my room, and he radioed in to ask the status - the manager said they were working on it, and it would take some time. I think they misplaced it and didn't want to tell me that. So I missed out on prime swimming weather. I went to the pool bar instead. At 6:00 PM, I went back to my room, and the bag was finally there. [*]The Ink & Paint Shop is one of the best all-around variety shops in all the resorts, and I looked in several deluxe resort shops this trip. [*]Landscape of Flavors opens at 7:00 AM and closes at 11:00 PM. If you're trying to do EMH or a park that opens at 8:00 AM, it's not easy in that time frame. Same if you stay late at a park - all 3 nights, I made it back to AOA after LoF had closed. I wish their hours were 6a-12a, I think people would definitey use it. Other resorts' food courts have those hours. Also, the later you go to LoF for breakfast, the busier it is. One morning, I was there at 7:15 AM, and it wasn't bad at all. The next morning at 8:30 AM, it was crazy busy. The last morning at 9:15 AM, it was crazy busy! [*]No coffee maker in the LM rooms - boo. But the showerhead was AMAZING. It felt so good after being wet from the rain one day, then being cold all day the next day. If I go again solo, I won't stay at AOA. If I go with friends or family, I'd consider an AOA suite.

I was there in aug and LOF was 6am to midnight and I just went online to double check and it says 6am to midnight just FYI

I'm trying to make a choice between AoA or POFQ, can someone tell me the basic square footage of a standard room at AoA? Thank You!

4 DAYS till our first stay at AoA! Really looking forward to it!!!!! :) thanks to everyone who gave great info about this resort! It was very much appreciated!!

Well after reading more on this thread, I started getting really excited about staying here, so much so that I switched our split stay from 1 night AoA/8 nights CBR to 3 nights AoA/6 nights CBR. Yes the new refurb rooms at CBR look comfier than the LM rooms, but I just love the idea of all the over the top theming here. And I think that's what the kids would be more excited about.

Plus I wanted to increase our chances of a Feb day that will be nice enough to swim at the awesome pools here.

So thanks everyone for fueling the fire. I didn't think it was possible but I'm even more excited about our trip now!

I'm trying to make a choice between AoA or POFQ, can someone tell me the basic square footage of a standard room at AoA? Thank You!
That's so funny, those are the same two resorts I'm torn between, too! I'm currently booked for LM room at AoA, but I might switch to POFQ depending upon what kind of discounts and specials come out over the course of the next year! :thumbsup2

Here is the sq. ft. for each:

AoA (LM Room): 277 sq. ft
POFQ (All Rooms): 314 sq. ft.

Thank You for the info...... Yes, we are going in August but this is a quick trip, we are working on the list to stay in each resort at least once!

Thank You for the info...... Yes, we are going in August but this is a quick trip, we are working on the list to stay in each resort at least once!
After we stay one night at VGF studio post cruise and 2 nights at AoA LM standard room post cruise getting off b2b on the DREAM this Jan/Feb we will have stayed at every WDW hotel except the Swan and Shades of Green.

I have one night now booked at AOA so I'm checking out the thread. :)

I had a big issue with the luggage service - since my room wasn't ready when I arrived, I checked my carry-on bag with luggage service. They told me my bag would be delivered to my room as soon as my room was ready. I received a text that it was ready around 1:45 PM. I had packed my bathing suit in my carry-on so I could swim before my DME luggage arrived. When I returned from the park around 4:00 PM and went to my room, my DME suitcase was there, but no carry-on. I called and the luggage service manager said it should have been delivered already and he would have to follow up. Oh, and I stupidly put my cell phone charger in my carry-on, so now my cell was dead with no way to charge it. After 30 minutes, I asked a luggage guy passing my room, and he radioed in to ask the status - the manager said they were working on it, and it would take some time. I think they misplaced it and didn't want to tell me that. So I missed out on prime swimming weather. I went to the pool bar instead. At 6:00 PM, I went back to my room, and the bag was finally there.

The policy is that ONLY bags checked through with DME should be delivered to your room if you're not there. Anything you check with luggage services requires you to be there. Reason? DME is pre-tipped. For the carryon you left they haven't been tipped yet, and they want that opportunity.

It's too bad no one mentioned that the carryon you left would need you there for delivery. It's also weird that it WAS delivered without you there, but that might have been because of the delay. Hope it's useful for you to know for the future that something you leave with them will need you to be there, even if the rest of your stuff that DME was in charge of will be left in an empty room.

Anyone know what the online check-in request options are for Art of Animation? I can't seem to find any info.

I was there in aug and LOF was 6am to midnight and I just went online to double check and it says 6am to midnight just FYI

Maybe they change their hours depending on crowds. The signs were posted with the hours of 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM, I walked past them every day.

The policy is that ONLY bags checked through with DME should be delivered to your room if you're not there. Anything you check with luggage services requires you to be there. Reason? DME is pre-tipped. For the carryon you left they haven't been tipped yet, and they want that opportunity.

It's too bad no one mentioned that the carryon you left would need you there for delivery. It's also weird that it WAS delivered without you there, but that might have been because of the delay. Hope it's useful for you to know for the future that something you leave with them will need you to be there, even if the rest of your stuff that DME was in charge of will be left in an empty room.

Interesting and good to know, thanks. But when I checked the bag, the CM told me that it would be delivered once my room was ready - he made no mention that I needed to be there. Then when I called luggage services once I was in my room (about 5 hours later), the CM on the phone was trying to figure out where my bag was and asked me, "It's not on your bed already?" He thought someone had already dropped it off in my room. Then when I decided to go walk around and grab a drink at the pool bar since I couldn't swim and my cell phone was dead, I saw a CM with a luggage cart and asked him if they would deliver my bag if I wasn't in the room - he said absolutely.

Anyone know what the online check-in request options are for Art of Animation? I can't seem to find any info.

I just did ours and the options available are:
Ground Floor
4th Floor
Lake View
Near Elevator
2nd Floor
Highest Floor
Landscape View
Near Transportation

If that's what you meant! LOL!

I'm sure this has already been answered but how large or the fridges in the LM rooms? DD drinks soy milk so I was planning to order some while down there so she doesn't have to go a whole week without milk.

Hope y'all can stand another coffee question!

We're going to be in a suite in January. I MUST have coffee to function, especially to make a RD or EMH in the morning.

So in the suites, I understand there are those 'hotel' coffee makers that have the little pods and made 2 cups. I assume they also have the the packets with the creamer in powder form and sugar, etc., correct?

I really prefer dairy in my coffee to the mystery chemical goop -- do you think I should bring Mini-Moo's from home, or have some groceries delivered, including a small carton of milk?

Since it's January, I don't think we'll need as much water, but my kidlets don't drink soda, so the refillable mugs aren't going to do too much for them. I'm considering bringing a Brita pitcher if I can borrow one, or buying bottled water and possibly a few breakfast groceries. Recommendations on vendors (Amazon, Staples, Garden Grocer, etc.) are welcome, too!

Yes, the suites have two-cup coffeemakers. Mousekeeping will provide coffee supplies including coffee "pods", creamer, sugar, disposable cups, and stir-sticks. I think the creamer is the powdered kind, but am not sure; I don't drink coffee so I didn''t notice.

We ordered from Garden Grocer in February and had a great experience. A couple of cases of bottled water, a case of Fresca, bottle of wine, snacks, and breakfast foods (fruit, yogurt, milk, cereal). Everything was waiting for us when we arrived, and the bell services area keeps your refrigerated items stored in a fridge for you.

It's handy with Garden Grocer - you can build a "shopping cart" over time (adding or subtracting items as needed) and schedule your delivery for an hour or two before your arrival.

If you don't want to bother with grocery delivery, you can pick up some items at the food court (including milk for your coffee).

I'm sure this has already been answered but how large or the fridges in the LM rooms? DD drinks soy milk so I was planning to order some while down there so she doesn't have to go a whole week without milk.

It's the typical mini bar sized fridge. Small, but perfect for drinks.

I just did ours and the options available are:
Ground Floor
4th Floor
Lake View
Near Elevator
2nd Floor
Highest Floor
Landscape View
Near Transportation

If that's what you meant! LOL!

Can you choose more than one of these? My request would be first, a ground floor or a 4th floor for my LM room. Hoping to get one of the two, but with a really late arrival, kinda unsure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter