Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Hello everyone! We are 22 days away from checking in at AoA. Just wondering your opinions of online check-in. Is it beneficial? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've never payed any attention if taxi's sit outside of Disney resorts ready to transport guests since I always use the buses. Are they outside the resort's main lobby or do I need to call ahead in advance and have one pick us up from AoA? Were doing a split stay & I prefer to have a taxi take us to AKL.

I've never payed any attention if taxi's sit outside of Disney resorts ready to transport guests since I always use the buses. Are they outside the resort's main lobby or do I need to call ahead in advance and have one pick us up from AoA? Were doing a split stay & I prefer to have a taxi take us to AKL.

I think you are going to need to call. The only time I have ever seen taxi's just sitting waiting to transport people was at DTD.

We are staying at AoA right now and this morning my husband quickly grabbed a taxi right outside and swung over to 'Ohana since the bus was taking forever to arrive.

On a side note, mildly disappointed at the lack of buses at rush times.

We are staying at AoA right now and this morning my husband quickly grabbed a taxi right outside and swung over to 'Ohana since the bus was taking forever to arrive. On a side note, mildly disappointed at the lack of buses at rush times.

An yen - can you find out what times the life guards are at the pool? I'm bring Girl Scouts and we can't go to the pool unless there's a life guard.

We stayed at AOA in November 2012. Our last morning, we were in a hurry to get to DHS and make the most of our time before we had to leave. The bus was taking forever to come, so we jumped in a cab. If I remember correctly, they were parked in the parking lot, and a CM radioed to one to come pick us up. It was very quick.

We are staying at AoA right now and this morning my husband quickly grabbed a taxi right outside and swung over to 'Ohana since the bus was taking forever to arrive. On a side note, mildly disappointed at the lack of buses at rush times.

We were there in august for ten days and never ever waited for more than 10 min for a bus. Been to many resorts and was very impressed with bus service at AOA. Sorry to hear about your experience but in talking to many people I think yours was more of a fluke than the norm. Good wishes on future travels!!

Well, we surprised my dd on Sunday for her birthday by giving her the Disney books all wrapped up in a package... Not only is she THRILLED to be going, but she is ECSTATIC that we are staying at AoA, in the LM rooms. She sees how far away they are, she doesn't care!! (she's 9) I am so happy with our choice, her smile says it all for me. :)

Well, we surprised my dd on Sunday for her birthday by giving her the Disney books all wrapped up in a package... Not only is she THRILLED to be going, but she is ECSTATIC that we are staying at AoA, in the LM rooms. She sees how far away they are, she doesn't care!! (she's 9) I am so happy with our choice, her smile says it all for me. :)

We are doing something similar... We are going to give her ONLY Disney stuff and a suitcase for her birthday and we will see if she figures it out. If not when we leave a week and a half later we will tell her on the plane ride :)

Yeah I don't know what it is. There are often so many people waiting they can't even fit them all on one bus! We've run to catch one before only to see it's packed and people waiting outside that can't fit. We've definitely waited near 30 minutes before too.

Tried getting a Little Mermaid for April...all booked up. :sad: So booked a stay across the lake...at least it's close. ;) That got me a wee bit nervous so went ahead and booked a Little Mermaid for the Fall trip even though it's a year away.

Hi all,
We are booked into AofA for February and very excited!

We stayed at Pop and walked over to AofA last year and looked around, and it looks fun!

I am sure I could find this somewhere, but thought it would be quicker to ask here.
In the Family Suites, is the bed in the master bedroom a Queen?
The Table bed a double?
The Sofa bed a double?

Hi all,
We are booked into AofA for February and very excited!

We stayed at Pop and walked over to AofA last year and looked around, and it looks fun!

I am sure I could find this somewhere, but thought it would be quicker to ask here.
In the Family Suites, is the bed in the master bedroom a Queen?
The Table bed a double?
The Sofa bed a double?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Just back from our first AoA stay. Loved it so much more than I could have imagined! I am a deluxe girl at heart, but this was a quick mother daughter getaway for the Food & Wine. I knew we wouldn't be using the resort so I didn't want to splurge.

The LM rooms are not as far as people say. The walk was very easy. Resort is so cute!!! the younger kids loved seeing all the characters! Food court was mostly crazy (oK, it was a lot crazy, but it was a food court!).

Glad we did online check in....no line for that and the regular check in was packed!

Beds and pillows: not the most comfy, but after a full day of eating and drinking we crashed!!!

bus service was great except on our MK day. Of course that was the ONE day I had a breakfast ADR. Between waiting for the bus, transferring to monorail, making the stop at contemporary then TTC we got to our Poly ADR 15 min late. Wasnt' a problem thank goodness. so keep that in mind and add EXTRA EXTRA time to your MK days for transfers.

It was way too cold this weekend to swim or enjoy sitting at the bar (although some folks were swimming ...brrrrr)

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again :).

-We leave on Sunday. Surprise trip for our girls. Can't wait. Staying in the LM wing.

-Our only breakfast reservation is Monday morning at Ohana, and it's eeeeaaarrrlllllyyyyy. So I guess we'll get to the bus stop even earlier, just to be on the safe side.

-Anyone have access to the November activities guide for AoA?

We're ten days out and just received an email from Disney informing us that "one" of the pools will be closed at AoA during our stay (16-22), but that the two others will be open.

Helpful to know BUT it would be even better to know which pool will be closed. Fingers crossed it's not the Cozy Cone.

Does any know what the schedule for pool upgrades looks like? Is anyone there now who could chime in on the status of the pools?

We're ten days out and just received an email from Disney informing us that "one" of the pools will be closed at AoA during our stay (16-22), but that the two others will be open.

Helpful to know BUT it would be even better to know which pool will be closed. Fingers crossed it's not the Cozy Cone.

Does any know what the schedule for pool upgrades looks like? Is anyone there now who could chime in on the status of the pools?

Hmm ... I will be there the same time as you, and have received nothing. I'm going to be super bummed if it's the big pool or the cone pool! :(

I saw this posted somewhere else.

Pool Closures at AoA:

Big Blue Pool nov 17-19, LM nov 20-22 and Cozy Cone nov 24-26.

Hope that helps. Maybe just sprucing them up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter