Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Do we need to bring our own towels for the pool?

There are no towels provided at the pool, you have to use the ones from your room. If you have room in your luggage, I would recommend bringing your own towels. I was so glad we brought our beach towels when we stayed at AOA because the towels in the room are pretty small and thin.

Ha ha! We just got back from WDW, so it'll be a long wait until March. I will enjoy seeing the pictures of other crazy/psycho photographers :wave2: to get me through until then.
I'll try to find some really cool door hinges or trash cans to send you pics of! LOL! I see you're also from TN--so maybe I'll send you a pic of my tea pitcher in my room...hardly any decent sweet tea at Disney. Gotta get my fix somehow!

Here are a few restroom pictures from the Cars pool. I have some from the Nemo pool somewhere, but can't find them in all of my thousands of pictures.

thank you for sharing - appreciate that. That provides a great option for late checkout, ahead of a long transatlantic flight

Hi Mo!:wave2: I'm a virtual friend to Dorine, so I know you! :rolleyes1

Glad you asked some of the questions I had...did you ever find out if the doors are metal? I may want to do some magnets...:p (I am only at page 110, so it may have been answered)

Lynn

:wave2:

Hi Lynn!!!! Nice to "see" you! :lmao: I think they are... just don't have the time to get anything right now!!! going nuts trying to get everything else done!

glad to see there are showers! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know what movies are showing this month? And where they show them? We arrive Friday for 10 days in two Nemo suites! So excited!:cool1:

Does anyone know what movies are showing this month? And where they show them? We arrive Friday for 10 days in two Nemo suites! So excited!:cool1:

As of when I was there in October 2013, they were showing them by the Big Blue Pool. Not sure if that's changed.

I don't know this month's schedule, but when you get to the hotel, they'll give you a schedule of recreation activities that includes the movie schedule.

Movies are at the Big Blue Pool.

August 2014 weekly schedule is:

Sunday: The Princess and the Frog
Monday: Tarzan
Tuesday: The Fox and the Hound
Wednesday: Hunchback of Notre Dame
Thursday: A Bug's Life
Friday: The Little Mermaid
Saturday: The Muppets

I was told that there is a drawing competition. Does anyone have any more details about this ?

There's an animation/drawing class held periodically in the Animation Hall lobby area.

"This is only an exhibition. This is not a competition. Please, no wagering." :goodvibes

Anyone know if AOA does any Halloween activities on Halloween night? We will be attending MNSSHP the night before but just wondering if we can plan on anything at the resort Halloween night! Thanks!

Anyone know if AOA does any Halloween activities on Halloween night? We will be attending MNSSHP the night before but just wondering if we can plan on anything at the resort Halloween night! Thanks!

I believe that last year they had some Halloween activities (I wasn't there, but I was there earlier in October and it's on the October schedule). They had activities at the pool and a party with activities, face painting, a dance party, a parade of some sort, trick-or-treating, and a movie. The big party was at the Big Blue Pool from 4 to 7.
I don't know if they have anything planned for this year, but my guess would be that they probably do. You can call the hotel and ask, they may already know.

I'll try to find some really cool door hinges or trash cans to send you pics of! LOL! I see you're also from TN--so maybe I'll send you a pic of my tea pitcher in my room...hardly any decent sweet tea at Disney. Gotta get my fix somehow!

This made me laugh...

and MeMom's photos are as AWESOME as she is!

Does anyone know if the LM rooms have the air conditioner on a motion sensor anymore? Last year when we visited it was so hot.....we needed to call the engineer to come to the room.

Has anyone figured out an override for the AC if this is still an issue?

Thanks for your help :)

We are thinking about a suite at AoA
Family of 5, DS 9, DS 2, and DD 2 (at time of travel).

If theme does not matter (kids think they are all cool), which suites are best? Which locations should be requested?

Thanks in advance!

We are thinking about a suite at AoA
Family of 5, DS 9, DS 2, and DD 2 (at time of travel).

If theme does not matter (kids think they are all cool), which suites are best? Which locations should be requested?

Thanks in advance!

It depends on what you consider best. The Finding Nemo Suites are the closest to the main pool, food court and bus stops.

It depends on what you consider best. The Finding Nemo Suites are the closest to the main pool, food court and bus stops.

Agreed. For us best was Cars because of the theming. My kids love Cars and the rooms, the pool and the surrounding area were so amazing. You felt like you were in Radiator Springs!

My persistence has paid off. I was able to book a LM room for our entire short stay in November. We were just at Pop in June and liked it. My son wanted to try AoA but I couldn't get what we needed, today I did. I don't think I will tell him! DH is going to a conference and we are tagging along. He will have to drive to International Drive every day and we will use the Disney buses!

So is there any advantage to not booking a particular theme? As of now, the price is the same if I book a theme or if I book "family suite."

So is there any advantage to not booking a particular theme? As of now, the price is the same if I book a theme or if I book "family suite."

There's no advantage to booking "family suite" unless you want to be surprised what section you're assigned.

If I were you and the specific themes are available to book, I'd choose the Cars section.

There's no advantage to booking "family suite" unless you want to be surprised what section you're assigned.

If I were you and the specific themes are available to book, I'd choose the Cars section.

I think I am now between Nemo (for convenience) and Cars (outside area seems themed the best and rooms are a little "quieter" in terms of colors). Cars seems a little more "boyish," but since there are 3 guys and 2 girls and the guys have to go to 1900 PF and CRT, maybe we can give them that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter