Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We had a horrible time with it in March. No one seemed to know where to order, pick up food, etc. Even the CMs were usually standing around looking lost. We ended up eating several meals there because it was the only thing convenient, and it always took at least 20 minutes for everyone to get and pay for their food. Definitely not the best food court I've been to.

Meh we ate there twice earlier this month. I thought it was easy to navigate and wasn't too bad if you avoided the huge mob of cheerleaders that took over from time to time. I'd say it took us 10 min to order/get our food/checkout and that's DH in one line and me ordering for myself and DD and DS in another line. Though personally I wasn't as impressed as DH w the food. He really liked both his meals mine were ok. The kids loved their nuggets but hey they were nuggets you know! HTH

Our plan is to give charging privileges to the children's magic bands so they can get in their preferred lines and order and pay for themselves. Of course, it works for us because all our kids are older.

Our plan is to give charging privileges to the children's magic bands so they can get in their preferred lines and order and pay for themselves. Of course, it works for us because all our kids are older.

Hey just so I understand I won't need to give the kids "charging privileges" if they are on the DDP, correct? They will have access to meal credits from wrist bands without actual charging privileges?

Just booked a week in November, staying in the LM area...

So when we're walking between our room and the bus stop, will we have to step over the bodies of the fallen walkers, or do CM's just pull them over to the side to clear the sidewalk?

;)

Disfan1968 said:
Hey just so I understand I won't need to give the kids "charging privileges" if they are on the DDP, correct? They will have access to meal credits from wrist bands without actual charging privileges?

Correct.

we are staying just one night in a cars suite before going to CSR for the rest of our stay anything we should know about AoA ? It's our first time!!

Just booked a week in November, staying in the LM area... So when we're walking between our room and the bus stop, will we have to step over the bodies of the fallen walkers, or do CM's just pull them over to the side to clear the sidewalk? ;)
We stayed in the cars area and toured the whole resort. We made it a point to notice the walk from LM to the main area. It really wasn't bad. Even in the August heat. We wondered why so many people made such a big deal about it. Since you are going in November, maybe it won't be so bad for you.

Just booked a week in November, staying in the LM area...

So when we're walking between our room and the bus stop, will we have to step over the bodies of the fallen walkers, or do CM's just pull them over to the side to clear the sidewalk?

;)

LOL LOL Hysterical!!! A friend of mine actually warned me of how horrible the walk was and encouraged me to book elsewhere! My thoughts on it are...I'm on vacation!!!! I am in no rush to get Anywhere!! :cloud9: Lol Enjoy everyone!!!

For those of you who wanted Nemo suites and they weren't available for FD, try calling. When I moved our trip from the Cabins at Fort Wilderness over to AoA it was showing no Nemo suites for FD online, but when I called the CM who helped me switch over said there were plenty Nemo's still available!

This Sept. will be ds's first trip to WDW. He loves Cars so of course we had to get the suite. So thankful for all the information on this thread as it helps with all my planning. Keep it coming!

Booking a last minute weekend trip to AoA! Jog my memory, because our last stay was brief, there is a laundry room and a restroom by the Big Blue Pool, correct? In those restrooms, aren't there two showers? I sort of remember the showers being there, but I was rushed and now I can't remember for sure... Would love to know before I tell my 4 year that we will spend our last day swimming... no shower... no swim!!

Thanks guys!
:dance3:

Took the plunge and booked a room only discount for September with an extra 15% off through Travelocity for a Cars Family Suite! We originally were booked at CSR with a room only discount. My soon to be 3 year old loves everything Cars, so we decided to pay the extra for the Cars suite at AOA. The pictures I have seen so far look amazing. Looking forward to catching up on this thread and learning more about the resort! :goodvibes

Took the plunge and booked a room only discount for September with an extra 15% off through Travelocity for a Cars Family Suite! We originally were booked at CSR with a room only discount. My soon to be 3 year old loves everything Cars, so we decided to pay the extra for the Cars suite at AOA. The pictures I have seen so far look amazing. Looking forward to catching up on this thread and learning more about the resort! :goodvibes

I assume you compared the free dining offer going on at the same time? I would think that would be hard to beat??

We are staying in a LM room at the end of July. Am I correct that there is no coffee pot in those rooms??? I know the suites have them but the CM said over the phone they are not in the LM rooms. She didn't sound like we would be able to get one either. Yesterday my mom bought one for $10 at a store and we are going to pack it and leave it in the room at check out. No extra room in our suitcases after we leave with all of our disney purchases! :)

We are staying in a LM room at the end of July. Am I correct that there is no coffee pot in those rooms??? I know the suites have them but the CM said over the phone they are not in the LM rooms. She didn't sound like we would be able to get one either. Yesterday my mom bought one for $10 at a store and we are going to pack it and leave it in the room at check out. No extra room in our suitcases after we leave with all of our disney purchases! :)

Correct, the LM rooms do not include a coffee maker, nor can you request one.

I assume you compared the free dining offer going on at the same time? I would think that would be hard to beat??

We prefer to do a room only discount and pay out of pocket for food...it ends up being cheaper all together for us as we split a lot of entrees and only plan one character meal during our trip. We have done free dining once awhile back and it was a lot of food. We also do not need the tickets in the package, as we already have tickets. By my estimate we save approximately $400 by doing room only discount.

We prefer to do a room only discount and pay out of pocket for food...it ends up being cheaper all together for us as we split a lot of entrees and only plan one character meal during our trip. We have done free dining once awhile back and it was a lot of food. We also do not need the tickets in the package, as we already have tickets. By my estimate we save approximately $400 by doing room only discount.

Yeah I get that for sure in your case. Last two times we had free dining and we take full advantage of it. Dessert is a little much with lunch but hey :)

Are there any connecting nemo suites? We have an extended family staying in 2 suites and would love to be able to come and go. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter