Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks everyone! The more I read about the AoA the more excited I'm getting. I really think that suite is going to be perfect for us.:banana:

What building and floor location should I ask for...for a LM standard room. Will real be swimming for a weekend and mnschp one night...so bus only for MK one night and them Dtd one day. 5 & 9 year old with me.

If you're going to be at LM pool, all buildings are very close. Buildings 7 and 9 are closest to animation hall/buses, but that doesn't say much. So if nemo or cars pool is a priority, you may want to try for 7 or 9. Won't save you a lot of walking when it comes down to it, but a few steps.

Mermaid pool is very, very easily accessible from all LM buildings.

Thought I share my experience.

Just got back a week ago from our trip at Art of animation :)

Let's begin that we drove from ny which was as pleasant as it sounds.

I have to say, I love the resort, it's so cute, and themed. We had a little issue checking in, I was told when checking in that the room was not ready (we got there early so I understood ), however they said the computers were down ( a lot of issues with new system and magic bands transition) the woman said they couldn't connect our dining plan and tickets on our room key until the computers were back up and running. She said to keep receipts for food we bought and we would be reimbursed. She explained the whole thing to me about 4x and was still confused. I had been in the car for many hours and was not in the mood for any issues. They gave me tickets for the day but I have to admit I was annoyed and confused.

I went to the car to get my husband and we went back in to talk to someone else, figured my husband could help me figure out what was going on. We went to another person (maybe 10 mins after initial check in) and she was amazing. She explained in great detail and tried to link everything together again and hooray it worked. She said she is more seasoned and a lot of the new students who work there aren't as knowledgeable. Even better the first girl said she didn't know when a room would be ready, the second woman called and got us a room right away.

My whole feeling was I get that things are changing and these things happen but they didn't know how long the issue would continue. If I wanted to pay for my meals, I wouldn't get the dining plan. After everything, it all worked out. We were lucky to resolve everything and it turned out great.

We were in little mermaid room- and it was such a beautiful room. I loved the whole resort and I know LM rooms are far from entrance but it didn't bother us, we had our car. I would stay here again definitely. If I had a negative I would say I wasn't crazy about breakfast in cafeteria. All the areas are uniquely themed and overall great resort :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024335&page=11

I posted some pictures on this thread of our vacation over July 4th, 2013. We had plenty of room for 4 adults, 2 small children, stroller, diapers, pack'n play, coolers, etc., I read somewhere that the suite was a little larger than 2 rooms(can't remember where or how much by)but even if its not I personally felt like we had more floor space than where we had stayed previous years in two rooms with 2 double beds at Pop century or All Stars.

It only makes since you would have more floor space with one less bed and one bed being a sofa bed. We enjoyed having the dining area for a table, kitchenette(even if its small it was enough), & living room area. I thought the bathrooms were also a little nicer than at the other value resorts, especially the one off of the bedroom area.

The biggest draw back I saw before going to AOA was having to make the sofa bed but... like someone told me on here, it wasn't that hard and it wasn't. We found the easiest thing to do was to push the coffee table under the window and throw cushions on it. If you don't want to put the bed up in the morning, housekeeping will do it for you. In fact I put it up just to get it out of the way in the morning and housekeeping let in down and remade it anyways.

We used the sofa bed for the biggest part because we wanted to watch tv at night. But the dinette bed was the best bed because it was softer. It was also the easiest to make a bed from because you just pull down and push back up.

I had worried about eating at Landscape of flavors before we went. But it proved to be better than I thought it would be. Everything my daughter created and ordered, Large pizza, smoothies, chicken over pasta dish , were good. I tried the Mongolian Stir Fry with Acorn Squash. I didn't like the squash, but everything else was OK. My husband ordered Tandoori Chicken thigh and he threw it away! LOL! It was like a can of meatless , tastless, chili over rice. If it was supposed to have chicken in it someone must have ate it before he got it! LOL! It was bad! He ordered a Hamburger and fries afterwards that he wouldn't share! LOL! But hamburgers were good and their breakfast was about like all the other places at Disney. Good but... not like I hop or Cracker Barrel! LOL!

We spent 11 nights and 12 days at AOA and had a great time! Other than one meal being thrown away we don't really have anything to complain about! LOL!

I am booked for a Cars suite for December. I like to sleep on a quiet place. Any recommendation for room request at Cars area? The more quiet rooms? I read that 4 floor are the most quiet ones. Please give me some advice. Thanks!!

We were at AOA over July 4, 2013. We were in the cars suites building 1 (mater building), on first floor, in a room on the end near 2nd and parking. Our room on 1st floor overlooked the cars pool. I was not bothered with noise but traffic did seem to be going out the other end of the hall towards Animation Hall and out the middle door. I remember wondering if the rooms on the other end heard everyone going in and out all the time.

We had family on 4th floor, in building 2 over looking cars pool and it was very quite and very pretty view. You wouldn't have as much traffic of people going and coming.

What building and floor location should I ask for...for a LM standard room. Will real be swimming for a weekend and mnschp one night...so bus only for MK one night and them Dtd one day. 5 & 9 year old with me.

I haven't stayed at LM but when I stayed in cars suites at AOA I looked and for me personally I would want to stay in building 9. First floor, overlooking court instead of parking, and a room on end, near Lion King Suites building. My Reasons which may not apply to what you want but are: Close to parking lot (we drive), don't have to fool with elevator or steps, Close to walk right through Lion King to Animation Hall & outer sidewalk to busses and a little closer to use the big blue pool along with the LM pool.

I haven't stayed at LM but when I stayed in cars suites at AOA I looked and for me personally I would want to stay in building 9. First floor, overlooking court instead of parking, and a room on end, near Lion King Suites building. My Reasons which may not apply to what you want but are: Close to parking lot (we drive), don't have to fool with elevator or steps, Close to walk right through Lion King to Animation Hall & outer sidewalk to busses and a little closer to use the big blue pool along with the LM pool.

Great info! Thanks!

We were at AOA over July 4, 2013. We were in the cars suites building 1 (mater building), on first floor, in a room on the end near 2nd and parking. Our room on 1st floor overlooked the cars pool. I was not bothered with noise but traffic did seem to be going out the other end of the hall towards Animation Hall and out the middle door. I remember wondering if the rooms on the other end heard everyone going in and out all the time.

We had family on 4th floor, in building 2 over looking cars pool and it was very quite and very pretty view. You wouldn't have as much traffic of people going and coming.

Thanks!! I think I will ask for the 4 floor. I have a very light sleep. Happy that you were able to enjoy your stay!!! I am 97 days away :)

Thanks!! I think I will ask for the 4 floor. I have a very light sleep. Happy that you were able to enjoy your stay!!! I am 97 days away :)

We just got back from a stay at AOA. We were on the 4th floor of the Mater Building and found it very quiet. We went back for midday breaks each day and my two year old had no issues napping. We also had no issues in the evening.

We just got back from a stay at AOA. We were on the 4th floor of the Mater Building and found it very quiet. We went back for midday breaks each day and my two year old had no issues napping. We also had no issues in the evening.

Thanks! I will go for that!!

Hi All
We are getting so excited with less than 90 days to go. I've been studying the map on page one trying to get a feel for the area.

Is there really only 1 bus stop area? Or am I blind?

TIA

For those who have stayed at AofA, do they have a parking lot up front near the buses? We are staying in one of the LM rooms and will have our own car. My thought process was that each day when going to parks we could drive our car to the front lot and leave our mugs in there and then catch a bus. Then when we return we would have our mugs nearby and can drive back to the room after filling up.

I did this at Pop a few years ago and it worked like a charm.

For those who have stayed at AofA, do they have a parking lot up front near the buses? We are staying in one of the LM rooms and will have our own car. My thought process was that each day when going to parks we could drive our car to the front lot and leave our mugs in there and then catch a bus. Then when we return we would have our mugs nearby and can drive back to the room after filling up.

If you are staying in property and with car you don't have to pay parking at the parks. Since I have small children I prefer to take the car to the parks.

If you are staying in property and with car you don't have to pay parking at the parks. Since I have small children I prefer to take the car to the parks.

I prefer to let Disney do the driving. I did drive over to the parks several years ago and didn't really care for it. I like sitting back and taking in the surrounding areas. For me, the buses is all part of the WDW experience and charm.

Hi All
We are getting so excited with less than 90 days to go. I've been studying the map on page one trying to get a feel for the area.

Is there really only 1 bus stop area? Or am I blind?

TIA

Yes, just one bus stop area at the front of the resort. But, there are different queues for each park and DTD. Also, the bus queues are covered! :thumbsup2

Yes, there is a parking lot in front of the main building/bus stop area. But, during our visit that parking lot was usually pretty full, so you might end up having to park towards the back. Honestly, I think it would be more hassle for me to move my car back and forth everyday than to just walk to the bus stop. I guess I'm one of the odd ones that didn't think the walk from LM to the main building was a big deal. But, yes, there is parking by the bus stop, so you could give it a try. :)

We were at AoA in late June and located in Bldg. 10 facing the parking lot and I looked out the window numerous times every day. There were always plenty of parking spots available in that lot. The lot in front of the main building was usually very full. There were probably some spots available, but I don't know how close they were to the bus stops.

Depending on your location in the LM section, it might not be worth driving to the main building. My son and his GF were in building 7 at the end closest to the Lion King section and walk wasn't bad at all. I don't think they would have saved any time or much walking distance by driving unless there was a parking spot available right next to the bus stops. I think the maps make the walks look much longer than they really are.

As far as the mugs...I meant to check on this when we were at AoA but forgot so I'm not sure if it will work but I'm throwing it out there. What we used to do when we stayed at Pop was we would take the mugs to the bathroom/changing room building by the main swimming pool (the building is right outside of the main building). There were lockers in there (similar to the lockers at the parks). I would put all the mugs in a locker (I think it cost about $1 for the day -- I remember just taking a handful of quarters) and we'd get them out when we got back in the evening and fill them up before walking back to the room. It was worth the $1 (or whatever it cost) not to have to make the trip back and forth after walking around a park all day.

Rapid fill mugs are now in operation at the resort

Have they by chance added in a beverage station near the LM section?

related question-when is the beverage station near the pool open, and would that be closer than the food court? Just trying to figure out a strategy to get my coffee ASAP in the morning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter